The Evil Dead (2013) Remake - Page 94 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #931
Frey
BANNED

Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!

Send a message via Yahoo to Frey

Im not expecting this to be some masterpeice but I am hoping for a good fun gorefest. I am a fan of the original series, Dead By Dawn being my favorite. I just hope they try to make this film come off as too serious because although the original 3 are horror classics I also saw them as dark comedies as well. That along with the gore made them very entertaining to watch for me.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:54 AM   #932
JoeVector
Not Dead Yet

JoeVector is dreaming of zombies

I absolutely love the genuinely dark tone they are going for and i'm not just referring to the violent aspects like some sort of torture filled gorefest .

I'm getting an intense feeling of nihilism, it harkens back to films like Hellraiser 1 and 2 .

It's also refreshing that they seem to have approached the material with a straight face, a foreboding and unsettling atmosphere is at the forefront, it's the foundation to the proceedings, the gore fx come second and i can't believe just how brutal they are, i cringe when i see that red band trailer .

This looks like a supernatural horror film that has done everything right, it's going to be a big hit, deservedly so
JoeVector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #933
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Iggy is changing his life, one pound at a time!

Looks like the Evil Dead remake is having trouble getting past the Australian Censorship Board.

Last edited by Iggy; 01-12-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Iggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #934
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
Looks like the Evil Dead remake is having trouble getting past the Australian Censorship Board.
Where did you read that ?

The Australian Censorship Board recently banned the Troma film, Fathers Day, and that's a pretty tame film compared to other stuff out there.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #935
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
Where did you read that ?

The Australian Censorship Board recently banned the Troma film, Fathers Day, and that's a pretty tame film compared to other stuff out there.
The Evil Dead remake Facebook page. It doesn't surprise me really... they've been picky about films like you said and the Evil Dead remake seems to be extremely violent.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #936
wolfblood
Fresh Kill

wolfblood has no status.

I'll agree with Heretic that while it's looking good, I wouldn't be going bonkers just yet. It can be rather easy for things to be overhyped to the point of not being able to live up to any expectations.

Looking back, the last film to have this kind of hype was Drag Me to Hell. Which is prime reason not to go too bonkers over what we've seen so far.

As long as one keeps their expectations in check, things should be fine.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #937
Frey
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfblood View Post
I'll agree with Heretic that while it's looking good, I wouldn't be going bonkers just yet. It can be rather easy for things to be overhyped to the point of not being able to live up to any expectations.

Looking back, the last film to have this kind of hype was Drag Me to Hell. Which is prime reason not to go too bonkers over what we've seen so far.

As long as one keeps their expectations in check, things should be fine.
This!

In terms of trailers, they can always put in the best parts of the film and slap a name on it that is a wet dream for a horror fan. However, I think this one may be a remake worth seeing. Word around the campfire is that Bruce Campbell has some sort of part in it and if these rumors are true I couldnt see him being a part of it if he was unhappy with it. I trust his judgement.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #938
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

FROM THE EVIL DEAD REMAKE FACEBOOK PAGE:

Rumours of Religious groups trying to get the Evil Dead Remake banned in the USA due to Films Content.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #939
Frey
BANNED

Quote:

Rumours of Religious groups trying to get the Evil Dead Remake banned in the USA due to Films Content.
Interesting how these religious people only go after mainstream movies and musicians while more underground films/albums get released every week far worse than what the remake will have in it Im sure. Besides, dont they have a Marilyn Manson concert to go picket at?
Old 01-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #940
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:

Wow. Must be pretty full on then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post
Interesting how these religious people only go after mainstream movies and musicians while more underground films/albums get released every week far worse than what the remake will have in it Im sure. Besides, dont they have a Marilyn Manson concert to go picket at?
Religious groups managed to get the uncut version of Human Centipede 2 banned over here. It's since been released in its trimmed form.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote