Halloween 3D - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors

Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors Got a scoop? Heard a rumor? All your horror news and rumors go here.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #21
acp35
The Living Dead

acp35 is Can't wait to meet Savini on the 14th at the Horrorfest!!!

Aja could be an amazing choice.

Obviously this is the ultimate nod to RZ's failure. Announce after this film as quickly as possible that they are going away from Zombie and in a different direction.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:40 PM   #22
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

Please Please Please let them choose a decent director this time around. I doubt the script will be good as it's going to be rushed. My pipe dream is them to wait until Brad Anderson is free and take time to write a solid script.

If they would want to cause a stir I say get Tommy Lee Wallace to direct and keep the script top secret and give no comments on when people would ask if Myers would be in the film. I bet that would drive a lot of folks crazy
Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:41 PM   #23
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Willowfang is half Thundercat on his childhood's side

A few thoughts

A new director at this time, is the cloestest, at least for now, that the studio will come to admitting to themselve that they and RZ really screwed the pooch.

Rushing for summer, if that's actually a rush, is they're aimming for a movie that's not halloween/Oct 31th dependent for marketing, it's a real all audience movie, real story, real project, not nitche fan base

And 3D, a little risky in a way, but also way to distance it from RZ.

As for story, I'd guess a few things

A total relaunch or a virtual relaunch, kinda like they did with the hulk, not "quite" ignoring the first movie, but sure putting it behind them. OR, basing the movie on later Halloweens in a way, so it's somewhat of a sequel to H1 & H2, but really being more of a direct sequel to JCs 1 & 2 without using the Jamie stories. Could even be Season of the Witch as a summer movie to regain some credibility before and restoring the fanbase before a relaunch.

Hopefully some attempt to redeem themselves in any case. I guess that's alll pretty wishful thinking, but seems possible.
Yoda
Beverly Hillbillies
She Drives Like Crazy
Gump
The Saga Begins
It's All About the Pentiums
Grapefruit Diet
White & Nerdy
Canadian Idiot
Smells Like Nirvana
Inactive
Eat It
Foil
Willowfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:48 PM   #24
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Please, don't pick Marcus Nispel. If they do that then the franchise really has gained nothing.

But, remember Rob said he wouldn't do a 2nd installment and then they pulled the rug out from under us?
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #25
capkronos
Fresh Kill

capkronos has no status.

I actually think remaking Season of the Witch would be more fun than watching Myers run around slashing people up, especially factoring in the 3D. Oh well, as long as Zombie is not involved it's likely to at least be watchable.
capkronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:04 PM   #26
legionsOFtheDEAD
I Eat Brains!

legionsOFtheDEAD is Arrogance Diminishes Wisdom

Send a message via MSN to legionsOFtheDEAD Send a message via Yahoo to legionsOFtheDEAD

no RZ ans things are looking up its the closest thing we will get to them admitting they fucked up with RZ. but still RZ fucked up the series so bad its almost not savable.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #27
Slasher Freak
It... Won't... Die...

Slasher Freak is BACK?

Location: Livin' on Failure St. Two blocks south of Pathetic My Zipcode? All Zeroes

I dunno if I'm confused but I remember that H2 @ 1st was gonna be directed by the guys who did INSIDE. I wish they would get involved this time. As long RZ isn't involved I'm happy. I hope they ignore everything and start fresh. Oh and if somehow Annie is still alive I would be happy too. I mean I don't remember them saying "She's D-E-A-D-".

If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One
Slasher Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:30 PM   #28
acp35
The Living Dead

acp35 is Can't wait to meet Savini on the 14th at the Horrorfest!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusted31 View Post
Please, don't pick Marcus Nispel. If they do that then the franchise really has gained nothing.

But, remember Rob said he wouldn't do a 2nd installment and then they pulled the rug out from under us?
Yeah but from what they are syaing they are going in a different direction which in Hollywood speak sounds like.."we aren't pleased with RZ's Halloween."

I don't think this time anyone is going to ask him.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:38 PM   #29
Slasher Freak
It... Won't... Die...

Slasher Freak is BACK?

Location: Livin' on Failure St. Two blocks south of Pathetic My Zipcode? All Zeroes

I'm not sure how Hollywood or the movie bizz works but could it be possible to continue the series based on the previous franchise instead of the one that RZ began?

If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One
Slasher Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #30
jugchord1
Fresh Kill

jugchord1 is gonna have a blood feast

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp35 View Post
Aja could be an amazing choice.

Obviously this is the ultimate nod to RZ's failure. Announce after this film as quickly as possible that they are going away from Zombie and in a different direction.

Aja would be sweet, I pretty much jizz all over everything he touches. Not sure what he would do with this but I'm sure he would be an improvement, and this is coming from someone who enjoyed the remake(haven't seen the 2nd)