Halloween 3D - Page 205 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors

Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors Got a scoop? Heard a rumor? All your horror news and rumors go here.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #2041
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
Maybe not in the first film, but definitely the second or third.
My point exactly, they'll let anticipation build up for him. Of course everyone wants to see who will tackle the Joker character next after Heath Ledger's phenemonal performance, but they're going to wait, not thrust him into the center stage first film.

Same thing applies to horror movies, it's okay to let certain characters take a rest, that way when you do return to those characters there can actually be a fresh take on it.

I just want a carefully planned & thoughtful series of films that re-establishes Myers as the Shape, this instrument of evil that evoke terror into the audience. And to do that you have to cut out this family shit for the time being, & give Laurie Strode a rest.

Quote:
Here's the thing. Halloween can't be improved. The original is arguably the best horror film of all time and no combination of elements could improve or better it.
It's this kind of thinking that leads to mediocre results. If you step into a project with the thought "I can't beat John Carpenter's original" then you're setting yourself up to fail, because that's not even the goal. The goal isn't to improve upon or better what the initial film set up, the goal is to make a movie that is good, that is suspenseful, & rather than competing with the original, pays respect to it by being able to stand on it's own merits.

You don't ever set out to make a film with the thought "this has to be better than [insert movie name]". The primary goal should be making a worthwhile product. If you can't fully invest in your idea, how do you expect anybody else to?

Quote:
I'v said it once and I'll say it again. Leave it alone.

Quote:
Making a good comic and making a good movie are entirely different things.
Nobody ever said they were the same, but, as I stated, it does prove that good stories can come about from people who are actually willing to go beyond the conventions of the series.

Quote:
Look at the last TCM. I haven't seen it but it seems to be unanimously hated by everyone. There is no reason to keep making these movies.
TCM 3D was made to get your $16, & everybody who made it knew that. If the people involved are only in it for the check, of course the final product won't be worth shit. Just because shitty people have had their go at making a movie in the franchise doesn't mean there aren't interesting stories worth telling.

Quote:
But that's not going to happen. We should be encouraging original film ideas, not sequels/remakes of 30-40 year old movies. How can you expect another masterpiece of a film that was executed perfectly three decades ago?
I don't recall stating I want a remake of Halloween exactly the same as it was. I said I want the idea of the Shape to carry over to a new series of films, which means no brother/sister story angle, & new characters. That's entirely different, & would be more of a stand-alone film creating a new universe rather than being a remake. I'm not clamoring for a remake, I want something that's original, new, & has suspense. Take the general idea, & shape it into something new for a modern audience.

Quote:
I didn't say it had to be her, I said it doesn't take a skilled filmmaker to make me care about Laurie since I already did going into the movie.

You seem to think new & fresh automatically = good.
Again, where did I say this specifically? New and fresh doesn't automatically equal good, but it can be a great thing if you have the right players latched to the project.

Quote:
I'm for new and original shit, but if it's not executed properly (Which H2 obviously wasn't.) it's meaningless.
H2 stands as easily being one of the best of the series. Again, imo, the Director's Cut of it is the best in the franchise after Carpenter's original. I think H2's execution was pin-point, people just didn't bother to actually pay attention.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:42 AM   #2042
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

Looks like things are churning again.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/exclusi...-3d-exclusive/

1. Jaws
2. Cujo
3. Monkey Shines
4. The Birds
5. Willard
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:25 AM   #2043
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is The Bad Guy

Won't care until I see some actual footage.

Just make the fucking thing. It's cheap. It's horror. Find somebody serviceable and get it done.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:04 PM   #2044
dead breed
Super Moderator

dead breed is fire walk with me.

Can we expect another invasion of the boards upon H3's release? Haha
Old 05-20-2014, 11:07 PM   #2045
damnenchiladas
Fresh Kill

damnenchiladas is making plutonium from common household items.

A 3D Halloween film is a great idea actually. The scariest thing about Michael Myers, for me anyway, is that's you never really know where he is until the last second.

The combination of 3D cameras and solid CG could create some really great shadow effects and give Myers plenty of places to hide (in 3D space) before lunging out of the darkness. For example, think about the scene in original where Myers slowly creeps out of the darkness in the doorframe behind Lorie Strode. Now imagine that scene filmed with some decent 3D / CG.

I think as long as they make good use of the 3D technology to enhance to atmosphere and mood, it won't really matter what story. Just keep it simple and cast well.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:26 PM   #2046
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead breed View Post
Can we expect another invasion of the boards upon H3's release? Haha
I wish! Don't think we're active enough for that anymore though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnenchiladas View Post
A 3D Halloween film is a great idea actually. The scariest thing about Michael Myers, for me anyway, is that's you never really know where he is until the last second.
I'm conflicted on this. Carpenter's Halloween is much more effective than the remake but I do find Zombie's Myers to be way more imposing and a more formidable killer overall. So in saying that, I find Myers in the remake to be scarier as an individual but he's automatically scarier in the earlier films just because they're better. Does that make sense?

Quote:
I think as long as they make good use of the 3D technology to enhance to atmosphere and mood, it won't really matter what story. Just keep it simple and cast well.
But how often does 3D actually get put to good use? Especially in horror? You know if a studio uses 3D they're going to want those money shots.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:35 AM   #2047
Nudels
Not Dead Yet

Nudels is chilling out at Camp Crystal Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
I'm conflicted on this. Carpenter's Halloween is much more effective than the remake but I do find Zombie's Myers to be way more imposing and a more formidable killer overall. So in saying that, I find Myers in the remake to be scarier as an individual but he's automatically scarier in the earlier films just because they're better. Does that make sense?
That makes sense. But I think that Carpenter's Myers is scarier than Zombie's, even as an individual. That's mostly because Carpenter's Myers has all that strength although his physique isn't showing that.

Zombie's Myers basically is just a Jason with a different mask. But the original Michael is much more creepy because he is dangerous and strong without showing that off.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:53 AM   #2048
ObeySleepConform
Cunt from the Crypt

ObeySleepConform is watching the magic pumpkin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudels View Post
Zombie's Myers basically is just a Jason with a different mask. But the original Michael is much more creepy because he is dangerous and strong without showing that off.
Yeah exactly. It's become a trend for every slasher villain to become a caricature. Both Leatherface and Michael Myers ended up becoming big savage brutes who acted more like Jason Voorhees than their actual original incarnations. Say what you want about H20. but I loved that it's Myers was the closest in physique and attitude to the original than any other sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebonation04 View Post
I could post anything right now and no matter what Obey will have a dickish retort.
Disclaimer:
ObeySleepConform is not to be taken seriously.
You are probably better off skipping over ObeySleepConform's posts entirely.
Do not feed the ObeySleepConform
ObeySleepConform should probably be banned but isn't.
Your butthurt only makes ObeySleepConform grow stronger.

ObeySleepConform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:19 AM   #2049
aaronmb
Rotting Corpse

aaronmb has no status.

Quote:

The combination of 3D cameras and solid CG could create some really great shadow effects and give Myers plenty of places to hide (in 3D space) before lunging out of the darkness. For example, think about the scene in original where Myers slowly creeps out of the darkness in the doorframe behind Lorie Strode. Now imagine that scene filmed with some decent 3D / CG.

One good thing is that it's already been announced that it's 3d, as a lot of recent 3d movies were forced to be converted while they were actually shooting. The only one that was even worth it, was Pacific Rim.
aaronmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:09 PM   #2050
Nudels
Not Dead Yet

Nudels is chilling out at Camp Crystal Lake

Also, as already said, if put to good use 3D could actually do well for Halloween. Definitively better than found footage for F13.