Halloween 3 (201?) - Page 204 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors

Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors Got a scoop? Heard a rumor? All your horror news and rumors go here.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:14 AM   #2031
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
Meh.

A completely new set of characters/story is just making it easier for whoever signs up to make it shitty.

Say what you will about the Zombie remake, at least he stuck to the original premise and didn't try to re-imagine the entire thing.
Look at the end of Halloween 2 the Original? For sure we thought end of series but BAM Halloween 4 comes along which all in all was a decent movie.

It's all about writing if they can get someone who can write a decent screenplay and a get an up and coming director it should be at least worth a watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
Nah I don't mind gay people hell my favorite Author is gay ----> Clive Barker

I've hired Blacks/Mexicans and one Iranian guy.
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:22 AM   #2032
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is DRANK MOODY

Quote:
Look at the end of Halloween 2 the Original? For sure we thought end of series but BAM Halloween 4 comes along which all in all was a decent movie.

It's all about writing if they can get someone who can write a decent screenplay and a get an up and coming director it should be at least worth a watch!
Of course. I'm not saying it's a completely bad thing to start fresh, but having a good director/writer is essential.

I think a Ti West, James Gunn, or Scott Derrickson would be great for a Halloween movie.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #2033
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

I don't see how introducing new characters gives whoever is writing/directing the grounds to automatically make it shitty.

I'm fucking tired of seeing the same fucking characters over & over. That shit is boring. Zombie did something new & refreshing with Laurie's character, but for the time being, let's see someone else as the main character who isn't related to Michael.

Not to mention the entire point of the original John Carpenter classic was to show that evil can lurk anywhere & target anyone. In the original the Shape & Laurie Strode share no relation at all, which makes it scarier. It could be me, it could be you, etc.

Fuck all this sibling shit, I want to see the Shape finally return, because the Shape will hunt down anyone, not just family specifically. The Shape was a malevolent force who became fixated on a random girl. That's the type of story that could be scary for today's audience, not another different story with the same characters.

It'd be like making another Batman series & using Ra's al Ghul, the Joker, Two-Face, & Bane all over again instead of grasping the opportunity to utilize new characters.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #2034
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is DRANK MOODY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post
It'd be like making another Batman series & using Ra's al Ghul, the Joker, Two-Face, & Bane all over again instead of grasping the opportunity to utilize new characters.
I'm sure if there was a Batman reboot, The Joker and Bane would be the first used.

And my point is when you remake a film, the entire point is to add to the legacy and universe of the series you're rebooting and to improve on certain shortcomings the original film(s) may have had. (Done flawlessly in Last House and Hills IMO)

And if you take away the original characters it's going to take a very skilled filmmaker to create their own world where you can care about/relate to the characters. Zombie didn't need to do anything special in his remake to have me care about Laurie. I already did going in. You see what I'm saying?
Old 02-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #2035
Elvira Mistress of Dark
Fresh Kill

Elvira Mistress of Dark has no status.

Quote:

I get excited about Michael, not Michael chasing the same characters so I don't mind a change. The third installment was a departure from the base characters too, so this could be a decent movie if done right.

How long before a whole franchise reboot though.
Elvira Mistress of Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #2036
NightmareWarrior
Rotting Corpse

NightmareWarrior has no status.

i rather have rob zombie than platinum dunes. I would hate to imagine how far they will rape Michael Myers. At least Rob has his own style and vision and is actually a fan of horror films.
NightmareWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #2037
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
I'm sure if there was a Batman reboot, The Joker and Bane would be the first used.
Very doubtful. Warner Bros. isn't stupid. Yes, the Joker is a money maker & a large cash cow, but they're not just going to throw him into the forefront without building up hype, even if it is a reboot.

Quote:
And my point is when you remake a film, the entire point is to add to the legacy and universe of the series you're rebooting and to improve on certain shortcomings the original film(s) may have had. (Done flawlessly in Last House and Hills IMO)
But how can you add to a legacy & mythology if it's the same thing over & over with subtle differences? You have to be willing to push past the boundaries that have already been set. We've already gotten six films with Michael chasing Laurie Strode, & eight films focused on him hunting down family.

I don't see the problem with keeping Michael & Loomis, but ditching the family story angle & introducing new characters. That sounds far better than rehashing the same stories. There are even comic books with stories revolving around Michael targeting other people besides family members, & they work magnificently.

The beautiful thing the original got right & that the sequels and thousands of other horror films failed to do is be inventive. Carpenter was able to perfectly use his influences from films like Psycho while being innovative, he did something new that hadn't been seen before. I want that to happen more, I want film-makers to actually create something new that can stand in it's own template, not keep remaking & reusing the same tired stories.

Quote:
And if you take away the original characters it's going to take a very skilled filmmaker to create their own world where you can care about/relate to the characters. Zombie didn't need to do anything special in his remake to have me care about Laurie. I already did going in. You see what I'm saying?
That makes no sense. The character doesn't have to be Laurie Strode for you to find her likable or care about her. That in itself falls down to good writing, & having a decent director at the helm of the project who can get the best out of the actors.

Zombie's H2 offered something new & fresh for the series, but because it's Rob Zombie, some people still try to nitpick & bitch at it. I want more of that, though. With these long running franchises, especially one such as this that has 10 movies under it's belt, you can't expect audiences to keep spending money to see the same shit.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #2038
Elvira Mistress of Dark
Fresh Kill

Elvira Mistress of Dark has no status.

Quote:
I don't see the problem with keeping Michael & Loomis, but ditching the family story angle & introducing new characters. That sounds far better than rehashing the same stories. There are even comic books with stories revolving around Michael targeting other people besides family members, & they work magnificently.
I think you're probably onto something here. There are tons of existing story arcs still to be explored involving other characters besides the family, not to mention taking it in a different direction entirely.
Elvira Mistress of Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #2039
Do0kie89
Rotting Corpse

Do0kie89 has no status.

Quote:

Fuck all this sibling shit, I want to see the Shape finally return, because the Shape will hunt down anyone, not just family specifically. The Shape was a malevolent force who became fixated on a random girl. That's the type of story that could be scary for today's audience, not another different story with the same characters.
Hell yes moaaar shape. moaaar.

Do0kie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #2040
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is DRANK MOODY

Quote:
Very doubtful. Warner Bros. isn't stupid. Yes, the Joker is a money maker & a large cash cow, but they're not just going to throw him into the forefront without building up hype, even if it is a reboot.
Maybe not in the first film, but definitely the second or third.

Quote:
But how can you add to a legacy & mythology if it's the same thing over & over with subtle differences? You have to be willing to push past the boundaries that have already been set. We've already gotten six films with Michael chasing Laurie Strode, & eight films focused on him hunting down family.
Here's the thing. Halloween can't be improved. The original is arguably the best horror film of all time and no combination of elements could improve or better it.

I'v said it once and I'll say it again. Leave it alone.

Quote:
Making a good comic and making a good movie are entirely different things.

Look at the last TCM. I haven't seen it but it seems to be unanimously hated by everyone. There is no reason to keep making these movies.

Quote:
The beautiful thing the original got right & that the sequels and thousands of other horror films failed to do is be inventive. Carpenter was able to perfectly use his influences from films like Psycho while being innovative, he did something new that hadn't been seen before. I want that to happen more, I want film-makers to actually create something new that can stand in it's own template, not keep remaking & reusing the same tired stories.
But that's not going to happen. We should be encouraging original film ideas, not sequels/remakes of 30-40 year old movies. How can you expect another masterpiece of a film that was executed perfectly three decades ago?

Quote:
That makes no sense. The character doesn't have to be Laurie Strode for you to find her likable or care about her. That in itself falls down to good writing, & having a decent director at the helm of the project who can get the best out of the actors.
I didn't say it had to be her, I said it doesn't take a skilled filmmaker to make me care about Laurie since I already did going into the movie.

Quote:
Zombie's H2 offered something new & fresh for the series, but because it's Rob Zombie, some people still try to nitpick & bitch at it. I want more of that, though. With these long running franchises, especially one such as this that has 10 movies under it's belt, you can't expect audiences to keep spending money to see the same shit.
You seem to think new & fresh automatically = good.

I'm for new and original shit, but if it's not executed properly (Which H2 obviously wasn't.) it's meaningless.