Halloween 3D - Page 155 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors

Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors Got a scoop? Heard a rumor? All your horror news and rumors go here.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:17 AM   #1541
Kupotek
Send... More... Paramedics

Kupotek is es un gato loco con un cuchillo.

Send a message via AIM to Kupotek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pister View Post
I think that making it in 3D is a terrible,terrible idea, I don't understand why 3D is such a huge craze. I think that putting any of the Halloweens in 3D format would ruin the franchise. IMO
You can't ruin what's already been drawn and quartered, buried, dug up, re-animated, and burnt to a crisp. All you can do is find new ways to mess it up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post
Nah, not really. If anything, Rob breathed life into a dying franchise. That's the way I see it.
I can see that, though I'm not a fan of the Rob Zombie remakes. They just don't feel good.

Last edited by Kupotek; 08-11-2010 at 05:22 AM.
Kupotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:25 AM   #1542
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

That's your opinion, & that's fine, but I respectfully disagree. I believe the movies are a lot better than people give them credit for. I'd say H5 & HR are easily the worst of the series. Those are the two I'm least likely to revisit. I'd probably say RZH & RZH2 are among my most watched movies period. I'm just a big fan, & if it were up to me, I'd want Zombie back to direct a third film.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:28 AM   #1543
Sam Haine
BANNED

Sam Haine is trying that Halloween shit with Bucky.

Rob had a few good ideas. If one were to combine the best parts of one and two and remove the shaky cam and brighten a few scenes, it'd be quite good.
Sam Haine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:35 AM   #1544
Kupotek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post
I'd probably say RZH & RZH2 are among my most watched movies period.
Rob Zombie's Halloween are among your most watched movies? Like you've seen then 20+ times?

I'd say my most watched movies are:

Groundhog Day
Time after Time
Somewhere in Time
Lady in White
It's a Wonderful Life
Schindler's List
Big Trouble in Little China
Bringing Up Baby
Empire Records
The 36th Chamber of Shaolin
Poltergeist

Most my multiple watched movies aren't horror though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Haine View Post
Rob had a few good ideas. If one were to combine the best parts of one and two and remove the shaky cam and brighten a few scenes, it'd be quite good.
I think removing the whole white trash aspect which he seems to need in every movie would have been better.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:46 AM   #1545
Sam Haine
BANNED

Sam Haine is trying that Halloween shit with Bucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupotek View Post
Most my multiple watched movies aren't horror though.
I can imagine.
Sam Haine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:55 AM   #1546
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Quote:
Rob Zombie's Halloween are among your most watched movies? Like you've seen then 20+ times?
I'm going to be completely honest here. I've probably watched Rob's first Halloween upwards a 1,000+ times, & H2 is somewhere in the hundreds probably, I don't keep score, but there are certain movies I watch a lot if they really peak my interest. I've also watched movies like Pineapple Express a lot. The funny thing is, outside of the Halloween, F13th, & NOES franchies, I don't tend to watch the same horror movies too frequently. I tend to watch comedies more so than anything else unless, again, it's a movie pertaining to either of those franchises.

Quote:
I think removing the whole white trash aspect which he seems to need in every movie would have been better.
Well, to an extent, I do agree with that, but at the same time, it is like that in real life. I've seen it myself a lot, & I know people who've seen it a lot themselves as well. But I would say he should take a break from that aspect of things, & just try to do something a little different.

If he were to pick up H3, & this is completely in a hypothetical sense, I'd still want him to incorporate the style he's used for his previous films, but make it a tad different, if you understand what I mean. Whether you love or hate the guy, you have to admit that's he's pretty fucking intelligent, & that does shine through in his movies at times, in which I'd have to say H2 is probably his most intelligently written film to date. I still think the scenes between Laurie & her therapist & the beginning of the press conference with Loomis were pretty brilliant. But I'd like to see what he could accomplish with a movie if he just sat down & wrote something that would reverberate back to how intelligent he actually is.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:32 AM   #1547
Kupotek

1000+? That means you've spent over 75 days watching Rob Zombie's Halloween
Old 08-11-2010, 07:52 AM   #1548
BoOMST1CK
Rotting Corpse

BoOMST1CK is currently going through symptoms of WORLD CUP FEVER !

Well to be fair, upon making Halloween, Zombie contacted Carpenter about making it and he told him to make it his own. He did, you cant lie about that. Wither you like it or not, is up to you. People need to realise that there is really no point to a remake if they arent going to make changes to the plot, as long as they keep the basics in (characters, location etc.). That being said I find RZs Halloween okay enough to watch (maybe not 1000s times right enough) but I have no argument for H2 being remotely good, I just cant find the words to express how much I disliked it.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:11 AM   #1549
Kupotek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
Well to be fair, upon making Halloween, Zombie contacted Carpenter about making it and he told him to make it his own. He did, you cant lie about that. Wither you like it or not, is up to you. People need to realise that there is really no point to a remake if they arent going to make changes to the plot, as long as they keep the basics in (characters, location etc.). That being said I find RZs Halloween okay enough to watch (maybe not 1000s times right enough) but I have no argument for H2 being remotely good, I just cant find the words to express how much I disliked it.
Exactly how I feel. Good draft picks........ though that missing #10 is going to hurt you.

Last edited by Kupotek; 08-11-2010 at 08:13 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:14 AM   #1550
BoOMST1CK
Rotting Corpse

BoOMST1CK is currently going through symptoms of WORLD CUP FEVER !

Quote:
Exactly how I feel. Good draft picks........ though that missing #10 is going to hurt you.
Thanks man.. yeah possibly, we'll see