Random Music Discussion Thread - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Music Discussion

Music Discussion Wow that new Britney Track Rules! Talk about that (and other music stuff) here.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:22 AM   #1
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

Default Random Music Discussion Thread

I've been debating on starting a thread like this for some time. There are times I feel like talking about a band but don't want to start a specific thread on it as the band is somewhat unknown. We have some genre threads but really there are so many different types of music out there. Feel free to ramble about music in general, ask questions about bands, provide info, piss and moan about the latest hack band releasing new music, list the best music to masturbate to, or anything else..... Mods, if this is too broad or would need to be deleted it's cool. Just thought it would be a good idea for general discussion that might provide some interesting talk about bands/music.

I gotta admit I have been listening to Three Day Grace's debut cd quite a bit lately. I bought it when it first came out, listened to it a few times, and sold it. Got it again about six months ago and gotta admit I really like it. I didn't think I would but there are some really strong songs on there for the type of 'generic' rock they put out.

Also been listening to the Godsmack acoustic EP a bit lately. Not a huge fan of the band but really like those acoustic songs.

Been listening to a ton of 10 Years and Thrice acoustic tracks too lately. I love when bands put out acoustic versions of their songs. Really love bands like Deftones who really strip their songs down. They have some of the best acoustic shit I've ever heard.

Last edited by Outpost #31; 08-29-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
jarofsap
I Eat Brains!

jarofsap is an anteater

cool thread idea.
been listening to a lot of these guys this week. shits hypnotizing. highly recommended.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:46 PM   #3
KINGHORROR
BANNED

KINGHORROR is cry wanking while playing my dreamcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarofsap View Post
cool thread idea.
been listening to a lot of these guys this week. shits hypnotizing. highly recommended.

Not heard them. I can see myself contributing heavily to this thread though because my taste in music is so shit any thread I create dissppears in the same day
On a massive Dub tip at the moment due to Notting Hill Carnival happening tomorrow
Currently listening to:

KINGHORROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:03 PM   #4
ArchVile99
Rotting Corpse

ArchVile99 is blogging his fiction at vilereality.wordpress.com

So its like an Off-Topic thread for music. I like...

Re-discovered the catalog of one Mr. Patton. I've had Angeldust playing for about two days. King for a Day too....

Pissed that NiN played the entire Downward Spiral, start to finish, plus 12 more songs at a club show in NYC before about 2000 people. Lucky. Mother. Fuckers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outpost #31 View Post
Also been listening to the Godsmack acoustic EP a bit lately. Not a huge fan of the band but really like those acoustic songs.
I forgot all about that. I have to check it out. Korn's Unplugged was also amazing. Lots of creativity and unique tribal / ethnic instruments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarofsap View Post
cool thread idea.

I have to get that too.
to load their guns with songs they haven't sung
ArchVile99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
dribbz
It... Won't... Die...

dribbz has no status.

Send a message via MSN to dribbz

Quote:

Been listening to a ton of 10 Years and Thrice acoustic tracks too lately. I love when bands put out acoustic versions of their songs. Really love bands like Deftones who really strip their songs down. They have some of the best acoustic shit I've ever heard.
Thrice fricking rules!!
Old 08-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGHORROR View Post
I can see myself contributing heavily to this thread though because my taste in music is so shit any thread I create dissppears in the same day
Yeah I've created quite a few threads on bands that disappear very quickly and never seen again too Think it will be cool to just throw out random thoughts on music and bands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchVile99 View Post
So its like an Off-Topic thread for music. I like...

Re-discovered the catalog of one Mr. Patton. I've had Angeldust playing for about two days. King for a Day too....

Pissed that NiN played the entire Downward Spiral, start to finish, plus 12 more songs at a club show in NYC before about 2000 people. Lucky. Mother. Fuckers.

I forgot all about that. I have to check it out. Korn's Unplugged was also amazing. Lots of creativity and unique tribal / ethnic instruments.
I'll have to check out that Korn acoustic cd. I gotta admit I still like Korn's first three cds plus Take a Look in the Mirror. Hate pretty much everything else but really like those cds still.

That NIN would have been fucking awesome to see. Would have loved to see them perform the whole TDS cd. Lucky people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbz View Post
Thrice fricking rules!!
Fuck yeah! One of my favorite bands and always happy to see others who really like them. They have put out so much good music over the years. I can't wait to hear the new cd (being good and waiting for it to come out in the stores).
Old 08-29-2009, 04:38 PM   #7
Rook!Godzira!
The Living Dead

Rook!Godzira! is back, baby!

Send a message via Yahoo to Rook!Godzira!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGHORROR View Post
Currently listening to:

Found some Zion Train on Limewire, been loookin for more dub since i downloaded your mix. ZT is heavy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbz View Post
Thrice fricking rules!!
Agreed. Also a big fan of;
MuteMath
Gomez
Dead Girls Ruin Everything

Touch me and he dies. If you're not in the air in 30 seconds he dies. Come back and he dies.
Rook!Godzira! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #8
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook!Godzira! View Post
Gomez
Nice! I got away from listening to them for a few years but the latest cd hooked me back in. Been listening to the older cds and forgot how good they are.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #9
ArchVile99
Rotting Corpse

ArchVile99 is blogging his fiction at vilereality.wordpress.com

Quote:
Nice! I got away from listening to them for a few years but the latest cd hooked me back in. Been listening to the older cds and forgot how good they are.
I just acquired Gomez's entire discography from a friend's hard drive. It's a pretty massive list. I have to get started on listening...
to load their guns with songs they haven't sung
ArchVile99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:16 PM   #10
SOniC_DeATh_MonKEY
I Eat Brains!

SOniC_DeATh_MonKEY is at the bottom of a black hole staring into the abyss.

Great idea for a thread. Been listening to a lot of The Beta Band lately but their stuff is hard to find, might have to look into buying instead of doing what I usually do