The Walking Dead (Live-Action Series) - Page 172 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > General Horror Talk

General Horror Talk Does it have something to do with horror? Does it not fit in anywhere else? Post It Here!

Old 11-28-2011, 12:16 AM   #1711
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is a gigantic penis

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombaddict View Post
Spoiler Below
So, all that time between Otis being killed and tonight's episode Hershel never once went out to his beloved barn and noticed an extra little girl wandering around. Sounds like lazy writing......Oh, wait

This show blows.
Yet you continue to watch it.

Great episode. Those last 15 minutes were epic.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:48 AM   #1712
Voxx
BD Mega Zombie

Voxx is slowly decaying

I still like this show, but it was totally predictable. I'm glad they finally know where the hell that girl is so they can move on with the story.

Also I agree with the comment about Shane. Ricks wife is a total slutbag. I mean, it didn't seem like she grieved at all. Sure she had to deal with her husband being in a coma, but jesus christ, if you really loved him, you wouldnt be banging his partner...at least give it more time. Also Shane still cares about them and she is being a total bitch and Shane doesn't deserve it. Her problem is that she is pretty much ignoring the fact that she did anything wrong and that's bs.

The only characters that I like are Shane and Daryl. I want to like Dale but he is such a bitch.

Last edited by Voxx; 11-28-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Voxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:31 AM   #1713
Nightmare
The Living Dead

Nightmare is groovy.

Great episode. Every time Shane is on screen I am terrified they are about to kill him off. I think they will at the end of the season which will be a huge blow to the show considering he's the only interesting character AND the best actor on the show.

Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:41 AM   #1714
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Every time Shane is on screen I am terrified they are about to kill him off. I think they will at the end of the season which will be a huge blow to the show considering he's the only interesting character AND the best actor on the show.
I agree.

He may be slightly mad but he's the only one with any common sense. Forget killing him off, get rid of that pain the ass Dale. I can't stand that guy.

What exactly is his relationship with Andrea, cause he's acting like a jilted lover.

The last 10 minutes or so were great and definitely the highlight of the series since the first episode.
Rusted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:01 AM   #1715
EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan
Fresh Kill

EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan is slicing and dicing

Send a message via AIM to EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan

I thought this was a great way to end the break.
That was like a punch in the face!!!
How was it predictable? You knew Sophia was in the barn?? Okayyyy

Welcome to Camp Crystal Lake.
EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:59 AM   #1716
CaterHatterPillar
Fresh Kill

CaterHatterPillar is fhtagn'in

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusted31 View Post
The last 10 minutes or so were great and definitely the highlight of the series since the first episode.
*The spoiler below is related to tonight's episode*

I agree, the last couple of minutes were stunning - I actually didn't expect it. I think the concept in itself - that Sofia was in the barn all along - was kind of predictable, but the execution of the scene totally made a work of it's own in that aspect.

*The spoilers below are related to the comics*

Good scene with Hershel being struck by grief in the last act, however I'm kind of disappointed that we haven't seen Hershel snap yet - as in the comics - along with Shane. (they're probably saving the first mentioned till the next episode) One can tell that they've really worked on Shane's character, and at this point I kind of don't want him to get shot - as I've started to finally take a liking to the character, but at the same time - it's probably a prerequisite for the show to carry on. It's important to remember that what makes The Walking Dead into such a great comic book series is that the writer's weren't afraid to kill off main characters, which made the storyline unpredictable.

People seem to complain a bunch about all the non-zombie drama in the series so far, and I agree that some of it has been pretty crap, but generally when it comes to Z- and other post-apocalyptic-fiction I find drama and the interaction in between the different survivors to be the best bit.
I find that the best zombie fiction always has the zombies only as kind of a detail - only another small part of the environment - in which the characters live in and that the primary concern is that the walking dead aren't the greater threat, themselves are. I like zombie-stuff because it's about society caving in on itself, and that the survival - of party members or other groups - in itself turns out to be more dangerous and twisted than the flesh-eating ghouls.
Albeit some of the drama has been kind of corny and dragged out, I like it and only want more.

That being said, I hope the story now can continue to either the estates (mostly because of that scene with the 'All dead - do not enter'-sign having the snow melt off it in the morning - priceless) or the prison.

Finally, I'm glad that they don't seem to be afraid to fix what didn't work in the original series. For example, everything about Shane going kind of rogue happened kind of sudden in the comics (and a bit too in the tv-show, I find) but it happens during a longer timespan and seems to make more sense. This makes up a good filmatization, as one should never be afraid to makes changes only to stay 'true' to the original medium. In that case, you could just read the comics, really.

...but that's my take on it.

Edit:
Am I the only one who likes Dale, btw?

Last edited by CaterHatterPillar; 11-28-2011 at 06:09 AM.
CaterHatterPillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:12 AM   #1717
Klown
Super Moderator

Klown has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
Am I the only one thinking that Shane has been pretty much right on the money about EVERYTHING, and yet he's portrayed as the bad guy?....
I'm with you. The whole time Shane was going off, I couldn't find anything to disagree with. He seems like the only sane one left, especially when you see Rick herding zombies.

Blu-ray / DVD Collection | Horror Etc. Podcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
Thank God for Jeff Goldblum
Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:16 AM   #1718
Jason Gaydos
Rotting Corpse

Jason Gaydos is eating way to many vicodin

Great episode, I admit Shane seemed like an asshole at first, but as the show goes on, its turning out he is the only one with common sense. Granted, if this could happen in real life, I'm sure a part of yourself would want to hold on to your former life, but you would have to do what you could to survive.

Rick seems to be holding on to his former life a little to much as is the father figure in the group Dale.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:27 AM   #1719
travisbickle
I Eat Brains!

travisbickle is warning you, I'll put a knife right in you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown View Post
He seems like the only sane one left, especially when you see Rick herding zombies.
And not to mention... Spoiler> Dale hiding all the guns....WTF? Great idea.

My DVD's/Blu's
travisbickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:28 AM   #1720
romanthemysterian
Fresh Kill

romanthemysterian has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown View Post
I'm with you. The whole time Shane was going off, I couldn't find anything to disagree with. He seems like the only sane one left, especially when you see Rick herding zombies.
I think the problem with Shane is that he really only cares about Carl, Lori (along with his potential child), and himself, where Rick is concerned with the welfare of the entire group. I do agree with Shane that Rick thinks too much with his heart and not enough with his head, but that's because Rick still believes they all can live instead of just survive day by day. And there's no doubt that Rick proved he can do what needs too be done, shooting Sophia when no one else (including Shane) could. And as the series goes on Rick will become tougher and begin to lose it a little while trying to find a balance between head and heart (as is in the comics).

Tags
the walking dead