The Cabin in the Woods (2012) - Page 47 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #461
bloodydollface
Rotting Corpse

bloodydollface is a shithead

Just bought this movie earlier today and recently finished my second viewing of it. I found it even better the 2nd time. The only thing I don't understand is why every country (or a least a few) do this same "ritual." Is it just a fail-safe to make sure that the "Gods" are pleased in case of a failure of a country(s) (like in the movie)? Or does each country have a separate ritual and set of Gods to please?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #462
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykopath View Post
Wait...Warrior is a chick?
Yessir.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #463
Sykopath
The Last Son

Sykopath is doing nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodydollface View Post
Just bought this movie earlier today and recently finished my second viewing of it. I found it even better the 2nd time. The only thing I don't understand is why every country (or a least a few) do this same "ritual." Is it just a fail-safe to make sure that the "Gods" are pleased in case of a failure of a country(s) (like in the movie)? Or does each country have a separate ritual and set of Gods to please?
It's not completely clear, but I think there is just one set of Gods. The workers mention something about China being able to do it better, so it's possible they all have to please the same Gods.

After multiple viewings you'll catch more and more stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
Yessir.
That's crazy. I'm, in no way, a sexist, but I guess I can understand the whole "this is a classic" shenanigans.
Sykopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #464
Hannibal Rex
Rotting Corpse

Hannibal Rex is powerpacked hard flexin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
So do we know which former member NW is yet?
Kind of reminds me of (sorry, it's been so long that I forgot her name; I'm sure Bear Jew would remember) the Asian chick who was into the whole H2 Fiends thing.

Quote:
I've only seen it once but I was under the impression that
Spoiler Below
every country did it to increase the chances of success. I mean, if they fail, the gods don't just destroy that country but the world, right?
Old 01-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #465
bloodydollface
Rotting Corpse

bloodydollface is a shithead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
Kind of reminds me of (sorry, it's been so long that I forgot her name; I'm sure Bear Jew would remember) the Asian chick who was into the whole H2 Fiends thing.

I've only seen it once but I was under the impression that
Spoiler Below
every country did it to increase the chances of success. I mean, if they fail, the gods don't just destroy that country but the world, right?
That's my guess too. But say it took only one country to pull it off. Isn't that a lot of excess causalities from all the other countries? I guess it maybe be "justified" to meet certain goals, but still seems like it could end up to be many more human deaths than necessary.

Another thought I had is the idea behind the image the victims portrayed, such as The Whore, The Jock, The Virgin, etc... I get the concept, but how did that apply to the kids in Japan who were only elementary students? I doubt any of them had accepted their role as a "whore" yet. At least I would hope not.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #466
BeRightBack
Flyboy

BeRightBack is doing people, and seeing things

Quote:
That's my guess too. But say it took only one country to pull it off. Isn't that a lot of excess causalities from all the other countries? I guess it maybe be "justified" to meet certain goals, but still seems like it could end up to be many more human deaths than necessary.

Another thought I had is the idea behind the image the victims portrayed, such as The Whore, The Jock, The Virgin, etc... I get the concept, but how did that apply to the kids in Japan who were only elementary students? I doubt any of them had accepted their role as a "whore" yet. At least I would hope not.
Japanese horror has its own set of rules, which I assume is why the idea those girls chose as their killer, came in the form of an asian ghost girl.
BeRightBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #467
The Bear Jew
It... Won't... Die...

The Bear Jew is the Sadie Saxton of BD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
That would be Joe Grizz Hannibal...

Last edited by The Bear Jew; 01-07-2013 at 06:40 PM.
The Bear Jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #468
Robcbh
Rotting Corpse

Robcbh is convinced we live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
The Cabin In The Woods is the best meta horror, best horror film and best movie period. Joss Wheldon created a film unlike any other, he is our god and the master of horror.
Now what you should do is find a horror movie that's even better; consider expanding your horizons into other genres (of horror) and decades (the 80s are exceptional). That way you can come back to this forum and apologize for your 3 pages of stupid posts...
Old 01-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #469
Hannibal Rex
Rotting Corpse

Hannibal Rex is powerpacked hard flexin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRightBack View Post
Japanese horror has its own set of rules, which I assume is why the idea those girls chose as their killer, came in the form of an asian ghost girl.
Good answer to a good question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear Jew View Post
That would be Joe Grizz Hannibal...
A-ha! See? I knew that you would know.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #470
brokenandtwisted
Send... More... Paramedics

brokenandtwisted is thinking about becoming an alcoholic.

Send a message via MSN to brokenandtwisted Send a message via Yahoo to brokenandtwisted

Didn't mind it. Don't understand the insane hype though. Best part was Jesse Williams with his shirt off. And when the monsters were unleashed.

'Bout it.

Forward, not permanent, sweet, not lasting.
brokenandtwisted is offline   Reply With Quote