Cate Blanchett and Kate Winslet Appreciation Thread!! - Page 21 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #201
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

RomeroCarpenter Fan has no status.

Cate Blanchett Is A 'Cancer Vixen' For HBO
12 March 2013 2:48 PM, PDT | Indiewire Television | See recent Indiewire Television news »

With Cate Blanchett currently shooting George Clooney's "The Monuments Men," and waiting to see who she'll match wits with in "Cinderella" now that Emma Watson is no longer in contention, the actress has one more project in the cooker. And this time it's for something on cable. The actress is teaming with HBO Films to produce and develop as a star vehicle "Cancer Vixen." Based on the memoir by Marisa Acocella Marchetto, the story will follow a cartoonist with credits like The New Yorker and Vogue (they have cartoons?) under her belt, who has to reassess her life after being diagnosed with breast cancer. Marchetto clearly came out of the experience a survivor, with a unique and comic perspective. »

- Kevin Jagernauth
RomeroCarpenter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:30 AM   #202
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroCarpenter Fan View Post
Cate Blanchett Is A 'Cancer Vixen' For HBO
12 March 2013 2:48 PM, PDT | Indiewire Television | See recent Indiewire Television news »

With Cate Blanchett currently shooting George Clooney's "The Monuments Men," and waiting to see who she'll match wits with in "Cinderella" now that Emma Watson is no longer in contention, the actress has one more project in the cooker. And this time it's for something on cable. The actress is teaming with HBO Films to produce and develop as a star vehicle "Cancer Vixen." Based on the memoir by Marisa Acocella Marchetto, the story will follow a cartoonist with credits like The New Yorker and Vogue (they have cartoons?) under her belt, who has to reassess her life after being diagnosed with breast cancer. Marchetto clearly came out of the experience a survivor, with a unique and comic perspective. »

- Kevin Jagernauth
Looks like my girl will be reaping in tons of nominations and wins for the 2013/2014 awards season, both for tv and films.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:20 AM   #203
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

best actress contenders are already being talked about. cate blanchett is in the lead with her turn in the woody allen movie (blue jasmine). movie opens next month but so far with the few private screenings, the buzz for her is great. kate winslet might be in the running for (labor day) later this summer. naomi watts for (diana) and oprah winfrey for (the butler) are also in the running.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:44 AM   #204
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

"An Ideal Husband"...An entertaining romantic/comedy/drama starring Cate Blanchett, Minnie Driver, Rupert Everett, Julianne Moore, and Jeremy Northam. I think Northam was way better than Everett..and I found him sexier too. LOL!! Blanchett is always great to watch. Loved her character and her performance. Moore was fine with what she was given..and Minnie Driver was an absolute delight to watch. A delightful and witty film full of decadence, romance, and scandal!!

8.5/10
Old 05-21-2013, 04:04 AM   #205
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

VARIETY Reports:

Cate Blanchett will star in helmer-scribe David Mamet’s “Blackbird,” a present-day Hitchcockian nailbiter turning on a secret explanation for the 1963 assassination of U.S. president John F. Kennedy.

Blanchett plays Janet, who travels to Los Angeles for the funeral of her grandfather, a Hollywood visual effects artist who moonlighted for U.S. special ops agencies. Her grandfather’s well-kept secrets become a threat to her, forcing Janet to discover the truth about a man who dedicated his life to making illusion reality.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #206
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

"The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button"....What a fantastic movie!! Cate Blanchett and Brad Pitt oozed with terrific chemistry. A solid cast, great directing, wonderful art direction, a sensational screenplay, and great cinematography highlight the movie. Cate Blanchett is luminous, enchanting, and beautiful. Gorgeous performance by her. Brad Pitt is solid and does some of his best dramatic work. Taraji Henson, Julia Ormond, and Tilda Swinton are all terrific too. I think the women carry this movie with their performances. I loved how everything came together by the end . Very touching and heartbreaking, funny and dramatic..all throughout the movie. I am very happy Benjamin Button was awarded with 13 Oscar noms and winning 3 at least. My only gripe is that Cate Blanchett was grossly overlooked for a Best Actress nomination. I think her double nominations for the 2007/2008 season hurt her chances for 2009. Anyway, this film is a great epic fable!!

10/10
Old 05-25-2013, 12:10 AM   #207
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

"Revolutionary Road".....A totally awesome drama starring Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio as a suburban couple in the mid 1950's. Both of them deliver outstanding, emotional, subtle, and dramatic performances. I still cant believe Leo was overlooked for a Best Actor Oscar nomination. Also..the way the awards season was going..it looked as if Winslet was gonna win Supporting Actress for "The Reader" and also be Oscar nommed for Best Actress for this film. Instead she won Best Actress(which was great) for "The Reader". It was a solid year that year for actors and actresses. Many were left out..such as DiCaprio and Cate Blanchett for "Benjamin Button". Anyways...Rev. Road is terrific. The gorgeous costumes, directing, screenplay, and art direction are all superb. This movie really makes u think about relationships. The last scenes with Winslet are shocking and sad. Great movie and great performances by all! A must see!!

10/10
Old 06-01-2013, 01:31 AM   #208
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
"Revolutionary Road".....A totally awesome drama starring Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio as a suburban couple in the mid 1950's. Both of them deliver outstanding, emotional, subtle, and dramatic performances. I still cant believe Leo was overlooked for a Best Actor Oscar nomination. Also..the way the awards season was going..it looked as if Winslet was gonna win Supporting Actress for "The Reader" and also be Oscar nommed for Best Actress for this film. Instead she won Best Actress(which was great) for "The Reader". It was a solid year that year for actors and actresses. Many were left out..such as DiCaprio and Cate Blanchett for "Benjamin Button". Anyways...Rev. Road is terrific. The gorgeous costumes, directing, screenplay, and art direction are all superb. This movie really makes u think about relationships. The last scenes with Winslet are shocking and sad. Great movie and great performances by all! A must see!!

10/10
its a great drama. sam mendes did a great job with this film.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:33 AM   #209
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

Is Oscar Calling For Cate Blanchett? Watch First Clip From Woody Allen's 'Blue Jasmine' Plus New Pics
July 11, 2013 | The Playlist | See recent The Playlist news »

It’s really kind of remarkable how Woody Allen has been able to keep a “one film per year” pace for pretty much his entire career. While it seems Allen has recently been following a pattern of making one great film every 3-4 years, it’s just been two years since “Midnight In Paris” (his biggest hit to date), and the buzz so far for “Blue Jasmine” has been very encouraging. A new clip for the film has been posted online and it provides a nice glimpse into the main aspect of the film that everyone’s been talking about: Cate Blanchett’s performance. “Blue Jasmine” features an incredible cast that, along with Blanchett, includes Sally Hawkins, Bobby Cannavale, Andrew Dice Clay, Peter Sarsgaard, Alec Baldwin, and Louis Ck. But it’s Cate Blanchett, in particular, that has gotten many people excited. Kris Tapley from Hitfix has touted her performance »

- Ken Guidry
Old 07-25-2013, 02:58 AM   #210
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

looks like cate blanchett is the major frontrunner for the best actress oscar. tons of rave reviews are pouring in for her performance in the film (blue jasmine). this astonishing actress should have at least 3 oscars by now.