Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel - Prometheus (2012) - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 08:31 AM   #11
The Devil's Lyric
Rotting Corpse
 
The Devil's Lyric's Avatar
The Devil's Lyric is fucked up on Quaaludes
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: England
Posts: 1,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellis_01 View Post
Hell no.
Okay, would you settle for Elisha Cuthbert?
The Devil's Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:43 AM   #12
Slashtastic
Rotting Corpse
 
Slashtastic's Avatar
Slashtastic is missing his GF.
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbiechris View Post
Hey man, it's a business. The sooner you except that the easier it'll be.
Yeah, at the end of the day the film industry is a business; every film ever made in the history of celluloid, was made to make money.

But there are films that are more than just money makers; they are hight art, made by talented auteur directors with a personal vision. These filmmakers are filming their unique imaginations to share with everybody else on the planet. 'Alien' is a astonishing piece of motion picture art, made by Ridley Scott; one of the most creative, dynamic and innovative directors of his generation. The film deserved to be a commercial success and make loads of mula, as it should be seen by everybody.

I just find rebooting yet another classic, with the obvious hope of a potential franchise of endless sequels and merchandise, to be soulless. But, as you say, it's a business; there is fuck all we moviegoers can do about out!
Slashtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:50 AM   #13
cubbiechris
I Eat Brains!
 
cubbiechris's Avatar
cubbiechris has no status.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago, il
Posts: 6,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashtastic View Post
Yeah, at the end of the day the film industry is a business; every film ever made in the history of celluloid, was made to make money.

But there are films that are more than just money makers; they are hight art, made by talented auteur directors with a personal vision. These filmmakers are filming their unique imaginations to share with everybody else on the planet. 'Alien' is a astonishing piece of motion picture art, made by Ridley Scott; one of the most creative, dynamic and innovative directors of his generation. The film deserved to be a commercial success and make loads of mula, as it should be seen by everybody.

I just find rebooting yet another classic, with the obvious hope of a potential franchise of endless sequels and merchandise, to be soulless. But, as you say, it's a business; there is fuck all we moviegoers can do about out!
Maybe, just maybe, it'll be goof. You never know, and we'll always have the original. I'd rather have a reboot then another stupid fucking sequel.

BTW - Ridley Scott ain't all that great. He made back to back classics with Alien and Blade Runner and a ton of crap after that.
cubbiechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:55 AM   #14
bellis_01
Fresh Kill
 
bellis_01's Avatar
bellis_01 has no status.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Wales
Posts: 991
Send a message via AIM to bellis_01 Send a message via MSN to bellis_01
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
Okay, would you settle for Elisha Cuthbert?
Yes.
bellis_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:56 AM   #15
hardhousehead
Rotting Corpse
 
hardhousehead's Avatar
hardhousehead is ....
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England
Posts: 1,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbiechris View Post
Maybe, just maybe, it'll be goof. You never know, and we'll always have the original. I'd rather have a reboot then another stupid fucking sequel.

BTW - Ridley Scott ain't all that great. He made back to back classics with Alien and Blade Runner and a ton of crap after that.
I not seen any of his other movies apart from those 2.
If he can keep some of his original vision in the remake then it has to be at least a ok movie instead of being shite.
__________________
My DVDs
hardhousehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:06 AM   #16
The Devil's Lyric
Rotting Corpse
 
The Devil's Lyric's Avatar
The Devil's Lyric is fucked up on Quaaludes
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: England
Posts: 1,978
Default

They should totally keep the character of Ripley out of the equation.

I'd hate to think who they'd cast.
The Devil's Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:29 AM   #17
Slashtastic
Rotting Corpse
 
Slashtastic's Avatar
Slashtastic is missing his GF.
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,211
Default

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbiechris View Post
Maybe, just maybe, it'll be goof. You never know, and we'll always have the original. I'd rather have a reboot then another stupid fucking sequel.
Yeah, we will always have the originals that are cemented in the motion picture history hall of fame. If the remakes are terrible, then they will soon be forgotten; the originals will forever be burned in our film loving memories. One of the wonderful things about truly great films, is that we choose to remember them because of the positive effects they have had on our lives. The only wonderful thing about a truly bad film is, is that we can automatically put them out of our minds forever; after the sour aftertaste has dissolved.


Quote:
BTW - Ridley Scott ain't all that great. He made back to back classics with Alien and Blade Runner and a ton of crap after that.
Even the best of them make utter shite! 'Thelma and Louise', 'Gladiator', 'Black Hawk Down' and 'American Gangster' are all great as well. Brian De Palma is another legend, who hasn't made a great film since 1993 (Carlito's Way), but his still the mutt's nuts; I'm sure he'll come good again as well!

Last edited by Slashtastic; 05-28-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Slashtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:33 AM   #18
Archipelagos
Not Dead Yet
 
Archipelagos's Avatar
Archipelagos is boiling bunnies.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
They should totally keep the character of Ripley out of the equation.

I'd hate to think who they'd cast.
Megan Fox.

She connects with the audience of today!

/vomit
__________________
Archipelagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #19
Klown
Super Moderator
 
Klown's Avatar
Klown has no status.
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Titletown
Posts: 12,572
Default

Awesome!! AWESOME!! Another classic bites the dust. How many films are left out there that haven't been remade yet?

Jaws
Evil Dead
The Exorcist

Any others?

I honestly don't care anymore about remakes. The originals will always be there. If the remake turns out to be crap, just forget it like any other turd out there. If it's good, then enjoy it.
__________________

Blu-ray / DVD Collection | Horror Etc. Podcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
Thank God for Jeff Goldblum
Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #20
depecheanix
It... Won't... Die...
 
depecheanix's Avatar
depecheanix is fgsdoi dsn dsnfm ods
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 18,692
Default

As long as they don't bring back ripley I'm happy. Just create new stories with the Xenomorphs. Just don't fuck up the rules.
depecheanix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC