Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel - Prometheus (2012) - Page 101 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 06-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #1001
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Willowfang is half Thundercat on his childhood's side

Quote:
Originally Posted by WodenHorde View Post
I'm thinking the derelict crash landed on LV-426 a loooong time ago on it's way to Earth leading to the jockeys following the distress signal and setting up shop on the neighboring LV-223. Then the jockeys on LV-223 had there own version of Alien 1979 with proto-xenomorphs some how (or creations like them) leaving only one survivor, later to be discovered in hyper-sleep by the Prometheus crew.
Hmm, not seen this yet.

Maybe close, but the wall paintings on Earth still have to lead to the original location. So The Jockey could have followed the signal to LV-something and had their own 1979 and crashed on the planet/moon where the Nostromo finds it.

Although... why put the trap on LV-x, then fly to Earth and plant the map to the trap? Why not just put the trap on Earth? Maybe they leave civilizations alone if they don't have space travel? There was an EP of Babylon 5 where aliens laid traps for "too smart space fairing peoples", but still...

Wondering who put the maps up then? If aliens, they had to come to Earth, if humans, how'd they get knowledge of the location and then depict it precisely enough to follow?
I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.
Willowfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #1002
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

pre-ordered my tickets for midnight tomorrow.

Excited!
Old 06-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #1003
Yoxodo
Send... More... Paramedics

Yoxodo is going CAPITAL

With everything l've heard, and everything that has been spoiled for me in the various trailers, l'm just not hyped for this anymore. l'm still going to see it on Friday, just not with a lot of hope that it'll be the great movie it could have been.
Yoxodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:33 AM   #1004
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
pre-ordered my tickets for midnight tomorrow.

Excited!
Same here. Booked my tix online and I'm smack bang in the middle of the theatre. Can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoxodo View Post
With everything l've heard, and everything that has been spoiled for me in the various trailers, l'm just not hyped for this anymore. l'm still going to see it on Friday, just not with a lot of hope that it'll be the great movie it could have been.
I'm still very excited.

If I had seen this a week ago, without reading reviews and board members reactions then I probably would've been disappointed. But now my expectations have changed because I'm expecting a completely different movie.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:48 AM   #1005
Yoxodo

Yoxodo is going CAPITAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusted31 View Post

I'm still very excited.

If I had seen this a week ago, without reading reviews and board members reactions then I probably would've been disappointed. But now my expectations have changed because I'm expecting a completely different movie.
l just downloaded a cam of it and took a little peek. Probably shouldn't have, because just skimming it l did run across one big spoiler l wasn't expecting. But other than that it looks like 20th Century Fox let a few too many cats out of the bag with their trailers.

Still gonna go see it in 3-D tomorrow though, with an open mind and slightly lower expectations.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:59 AM   #1006
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoxodo View Post
l just downloaded a cam of it and took a little peek. Probably shouldn't have, because just skimming it l did run across one big spoiler l wasn't expecting. But other than that it looks like 20th Century Fox let a few too many cats out of the bag with their trailers.

Still gonna go see it in 3-D tomorrow though, with an open mind and slightly lower expectations.
I've come across a torrent but no way would I dl for a first viewing. This needs to be seen on the big screen.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:21 AM   #1007
Yoxodo

Yoxodo is going CAPITAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusted31 View Post
I've come across a torrent but no way would I dl for a first viewing. This needs to be seen on the big screen.
l agree, but this is one movie where l just couldn't help myself. These last few months l've been absorbing every little detail l could find involving Prometheus, from possible leaked scripts to hypothetical conjecture, all to the detriment of my impending viewing experience, l fear.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #1008
Vlad The Impaler
BANNED

Vlad The Impaler is gone.

For the many who haven't seen the film yet like myself and don't want to see a spoiler then obviously just don't watch. But if you don't mind here you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCvQB_NT45E
Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #1009
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
For the many who haven't seen the film yet like myself and don't want to see a spoiler then obviously just don't watch. But if you don't mind here you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCvQB_NT45E
Dude, don't post shit like this

I really want to watch but will resist.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #1010
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Iggy is still living in the 80's.

I'll be heading to my mall's cinema tommorow to catch this film on IMAX. Can't fucking wait!!!