Don't Be A Nerd Computers, Video Games, Technology... that sort of stuff

Old 02-17-2010, 12:50 PM   #21
bellis_01
Fresh Kill

bellis_01 has no status.

Send a message via AIM to bellis_01 Send a message via MSN to bellis_01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devouring Sickness View Post
I played the demo today...it blew my goddamn mind.
I gave it a couple more goes and it gets better every time! The fight scene is great and even the demo has a couple of different outcomes depending on what you do/say.

Heres a good demo review: http://gameinformer.com/blogs/member...mo-review.aspx
bellis_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:48 AM   #22
Gargus
Fresh Kill

Gargus has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to Gargus
Default Heavy rain, if david fincher made a game this would be it.

I bought heavy rain yesterday and after playing an hour or so I had to take a break from it because I was actually emotionally invested in it. It was sad and depressing in a very satisfying way.

I swear from what Ive seen so far if david fincher made a game this would be it. It rings of his style in alot of ways from camera placement, to music, to basic storyline and characters.

This is one of the few games Ive gotten in years at full price brand new and considered my money well spent.

The characters are the games biggest point. Even the older private detective so far hasnt had any real backstory or purpose yet but still it seems like Im familliar with him and he doesnt feel just like a random character plugged into the game.

The controls took a little time to adapt to but they are fast becoming 2nd nature and they work out quite well.

This is what a Mature rated title really is.

"You people voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus!"
Gargus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:52 AM   #23
bloodydollface
Rotting Corpse

bloodydollface is a shithead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargus View Post
I bought heavy rain yesterday and after playing an hour or so I had to take a break from it because I was actually emotionally invested in it. It was sad and depressing in a very satisfying way.

I swear from what Ive seen so far if david fincher made a game this would be it. It rings of his style in alot of ways from camera placement, to music, to basic storyline and characters.

This is one of the few games Ive gotten in years at full price brand new and considered my money well spent.

The characters are the games biggest point. Even the older private detective so far hasnt had any real backstory or purpose yet but still it seems like Im familliar with him and he doesnt feel just like a random character plugged into the game.

The controls took a little time to adapt to but they are fast becoming 2nd nature and they work out quite well.

This is what a Mature rated title really is.
For sure! I've yet to pick up the game, but the demo was unbeleivable! I can't wait to play through it!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #24
Sion
Fresh Kill

Sion is BATMAN! hrgrbrlr PRAY TO ME grrbrr

I have it queued in my Gamefly, after playing the demo and even before i knew it was a 60$ or even 40$ game for me, i enjoyed the demo but 8 hours of gameplay with 0 replay value for me does not warrant 40-60

but i am interested in playing it, but my money is tied up in FF13, GOW3, Red Dead, Splinter Cell, Alan Wake and blu-rays

PSN = K3nSh1n
Steam ID
Sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #25
SirStoneyOfBow
It... Won't... Die...

SirStoneyOfBow is gonna jook you with his jook.

Mine was dispatched today. I might get it a day early. Usually it's 1 day delivery, so here's hoping.
I'm off to a birthday party on Friday night so it would be nice to play some tomorrow.

Last edited by SirStoneyOfBow; 02-24-2010 at 12:26 PM.
SirStoneyOfBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:37 PM   #26
Gargus
Fresh Kill

Gargus has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to Gargus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sion View Post
I have it queued in my Gamefly, after playing the demo and even before i knew it was a 60$ or even 40$ game for me, i enjoyed the demo but 8 hours of gameplay with 0 replay value for me does not warrant 40-60

but i am interested in playing it, but my money is tied up in FF13, GOW3, Red Dead, Splinter Cell, Alan Wake and blu-rays
Thats the thing. There is 20 or more hours in the game because it changes drastically depending on what you do. The game will change if a character dies because they stay dead permenantly and the game changes course because of it. Playing it multiple times and doing different things allows for different experinces because this game has no checkpoints or loads that allow you to go back.

Besides its not about time spent playing, its about the quality. I would rather have a really good quality 10 hour game than one thats 30 hours and has alot of filler and shit in it meant to drag it out. I mean metal gear 1, 2 and 3 are all technically about 8-10 hour games but have become classics because of it. They stay focused and on point instead of putting in needless fluff.

"You people voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus!"
Gargus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:58 PM   #27
travis83
The Living Dead

travis83 is the thread killer

This game is not fun. It's probably the most nerve-racking game I've ever played.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:18 PM   #28
Necronomicon
Rotting Corpse

Necronomicon is Drinking all your beer.

Send a message via AIM to Necronomicon

buying this today. playing tomorrow
Old 02-24-2010, 01:50 PM   #29
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Only complaint, and I'm sure most agree, the walking controls. How in the fuck did they fuck something so simple up, in an otherwise fantastic game? Hold R2, why? What's wrong with just using the analog stick?

Other than that, it's just a great game. I'll probably be finished by the weekend. I'll give my final thoughts when I'm done.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:27 PM   #30
SirStoneyOfBow
It... Won't... Die...

SirStoneyOfBow is gonna jook you with his jook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Only complaint, and I'm sure most agree, the walking controls. How in the fuck did they fuck something so simple up, in an otherwise fantastic game? Hold R2, why? What's wrong with just using the analog stick?

Other than that, it's just a great game. I'll probably be finished by the weekend. I'll give my final thoughts when I'm done.
I felt the same way... but all it takes is a simple flick with the stick and you'll head in another direction. Tricky at first but when you're playing you really don't care too much.