Let's Chat About Reporting - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > Bloody-Disgusting.com > News and Announcements

News and Announcements Site news and happenings, if somethings going on you'll hear about it here.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
Tool Shed
I Ban People

Tool Shed is swimming.

Default Let's Chat About Reporting

There are a lot of assumptions that fly around when something is reported and "nothing" is done about it and they are pretty much always wrong.

Please take a few things into consideration after you have reported something (at least for my benefit):

Just because the thread isn't locked, doesn't mean the mods haven't seen it. 99% of the time it is still open because the mods didn't see a problem with the thread and left it that way. A lot of times threads are reported because someone doesn't think there is any worthwhile discussion that will come from it but I'll give it a chance to see where it is going. I'll also say that a lot of times the people reporting it seem to cause a lot more problems and waste more bandwidth than if they simply reported it and left it alone. Not everything about Friday the 13th needs to go in the "Ultimate" thread. Think of those threads as more of a general discussion or an "off-topic" thread related to franchises/genres.

This is the number one thing I can ask of you: Post a link the the thread and move on
. No need to argue with a person or tell them how idiotic and retarded they are for not using the search feature. Obviously newbies are targets but remember that almost everyone makes repeat threads. There's no need for higher than thou insults. The fact that you can search for a thread doesn't make you a member of Mensa and if someone doesn't search, it doesn't make them a short bus rider.

Harassment: Harassment is not someone insulting a member one time. Harassment is someone doing it multiple times and following the person around. Also, just because a person is new doesn't mean they should be all fine, dandy, friendly cakes, and shit. Most of the time they are just responding exactly how they were treated.

This is just a general statement on my part but I'm sure I am not the only one that feels this way. Some of you like to say the mods/admin aren't doing anything but I'd like to ask you how you think threads get locked/moved or people get banned? Is this some magical invisible source I don't know about? If anything, all we've done is gotten more relaxed with the rules. People used to complain that we too strict but now all of a sudden we're too relaxed and those people have become the Nazi brigade. With a lot of people, there is no winning and you won't see that unless you ever end up on this side.

With all this said, I really do appreciate the reporting as it makes things a hell of a lot easier on me. Thanks again.

Tool Shed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:25 PM   #2
mossy
It... Won't... Die...

mossy is \m/

^^ REPORTED!!! Don't try to reason!!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
Doc
It... Won't... Die...

Doc is a hillbilly.

Send a message via AIM to Doc

I love you Shed. I dream about you at night. I want to cook you tacos and pour whiskey down your gullet.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
sleestak
Rotting Corpse

sleestak has no status.

Send a message via AIM to sleestak

Cheers

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
~ Marcus Aurelius
sleestak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:56 PM   #5
superfry
Big Poppa

superfry is wanting a monkey to avenge his death!

SWEEEET!

Here comes my "Let's Rank the LEPRECHAUN Series Sideways Bestest to Worstest!!11" thread!

We can make redundant threads to non Platinum Dunes flicks too, right?
superfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:32 PM   #6
Tool Shed
I Ban People

Tool Shed is swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfry View Post
SWEEEET!

Here comes my "Let's Rank the LEPRECHAUN Series Sideways Bestest to Worstest!!11" thread!

We can make redundant threads to non Platinum Dunes flicks too, right?
No, only Platinum Dunes productions. All others will be deleted.

Tool Shed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:48 AM   #7
superfry
Big Poppa

superfry is wanting a monkey to avenge his death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Shed View Post
No, only Platinum Dunes productions. All others will be deleted.
Your honesty is one of the things I've always respected about you.
superfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:25 AM   #8
Coleosis
It... Won't... Die...

Coleosis is in the garage

Send a message via MSN to Coleosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Shed View Post

People used to complain that we too strict but now all of a sudden we're too relaxed and those people have become the Nazi brigade. With a lot of people, there is no winning and you won't see that unless you ever end up on this side.
I noticed that....I think its funny though.
Coleosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #9
Alkaline
It... Won't... Die...

Alkaline has no status.

Due to recent events, I felt it was appropriate to remind everybody that this thread exists, and inform everyone about how we plan to proceed in light of those events.

Too many times is something reported by somebody who contributed to the problem, or, in some cases, created the problem. That's not going to be how it works. Attacking somebody and then reporting them, or reporting them and then attacking them, does nothing but snowball the situation; it also makes you as much of the problem as the offensive individual, and we will see this as such.

If you report something, move on.

If you feel like you're in some way a part of the problem, stop and move on. If somebody wants to follow you around and press the matter, ignore them and report it.

If you report something and we don't see a problem, don't push it until we do. Again, the only problem we'll see is you.

Disagreements are disagreements and that's fine, but some of you push things far beyond that point. If you think that's you, play it safe and assume it is. If you can't approach a situation without adhering to the points above, play it safe and stay out of it, because we will give you a warning, too. Or an infraction. Or a timeout. Or a ban.

Last edited by Alkaline; 07-24-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Alkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:14 PM   #10
Kupotek
Send... More... Paramedics

Kupotek is es un gato loco con un cuchillo.

Send a message via AIM to Kupotek

It should also be noted that the search function is not always perfect, sometimes you simply don't find the existent thread, though in such cases, when I start to create a subject it warns me of similarities which i check very closely before proceeding, anyway, it's still not a perfect system, so there's no reason to go off on people

Great thread, good work.
Kupotek is offline   Reply With Quote