Maniac (1980) - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Golden Age

Golden Age Horror movies from the 1960's - 1980's.

Old 11-24-2005, 08:26 AM   #11
Hilti De-walt
BANNED

Hilti De-walt has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookshow
Holy fuck was this movie BRUTAL! I've never see such good gore in a film before. Savini should have won an academy award for his work. The film had everything I like... violence, gore, tits, and brutality.

I rank this one a 5/5 and I'm considering getting the dvd. It was funny seeing Gazzo from Rocky in a lead role. He fit it perfectly.
I dont get it you give it 5/5 stars then say you CONSIDER getting it?????? Dont make sense to me.

That is by far the best slasher flick to ever be made IMO. Extremely graffic, violent, Brutal, gory and twisted with Joe Spinnel playing a great psycho, it by far is one of my top 5 favorite horror films. I remeber see'ing it when I was like 7years old couldnt remeber the name and then ran into some kid who was a huge horror fan and I asked him he told me the name and when on the mission to find it. I have had it for 2 years and watch it probablyonce a month.

Anyway this movie was not directed by Zitto the director is William Lustig. Maniac 1980.

Last edited by Hilti De-walt; 11-24-2005 at 08:28 AM.
Hilti De-walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 10:07 AM   #12
Sam Fisher
Rotting Corpse

Sam Fisher has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_01976
This was directed by William Lustig, not Joseph Zito. Your thinking of "The Prowler".
Sorry for the misinfo there...I know Zito had something to do with it though, if I'm right. Thanks for the 411. As far as The Prowler, didn't Savini do the FX on that one also?
Old 11-24-2005, 10:16 AM   #13
AleisterArcane
Rotting Corpse

AleisterArcane is The Never Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Fisher
As far as The Prowler, didn't Savini do the FX on that one also?
Yes. The Prowler show cases some of Savini's best work. The guy always delivers. Joseph Zito and Tom also tag teamed Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, which is one of the best in the series.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:53 AM   #14
slasherman
Rotting Corpse

slasherman is Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilti De-walt
I dont get it you give it 5/5 stars then say you CONSIDER getting it?????? Dont make sense to me.

That is by far the best slasher flick to ever be made IMO. Extremely graffic, violent, Brutal, gory and twisted with Joe Spinnel playing a great psycho, it by far is one of my top 5 favorite horror films. .
...I'm not sure if it is a slasher or a serial killer movie....usually slashers dont go indept in the killers psyche...but I not sure...maybe you can call it a borderline between a slasher and a serial killer movie.....
Old 11-24-2005, 02:36 PM   #15
Hilti De-walt
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasherman
...I'm not sure if it is a slasher or a serial killer movie....usually slashers dont go indept in the killers psyche...but I not sure...maybe you can call it a borderline between a slasher and a serial killer movie.....
Isnt a slasher movie about serial killers, didnt know there was a difference. Since you say there is maybe you could give me examples maybe 2 or 3 movies under each category?

I never knew there were specific groups for serial killers, I never even knew the two were categorized seperatley. I have always thought a slasher flick would basically be a about any type of person going around murdering people, violently obviousley, but I could be wrong.

I would consider Maniac, Black Christmas, High Tension, Texas Chainsaw Massacre ( 1974 ofcourse ), Last House on the Left, Se7en etc.... to be Slsher flicks, but thats how I look at it. I guess its all a matter of opinion.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:15 PM   #16
slasherman
Rotting Corpse

slasherman is Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Isnt a slasher movie about serial killers, didnt know there was a difference. Since you say there is maybe you could give me examples maybe 2 or 3 movies under each category?
ok..
Slasher: Halloween, Sleepaway Camp and the Prowler

Serial Killer: Seven, the Bone collector and Saw

...many times serial killer movies has slasher elements and the other way around....and there are some "borderline" movies which is hard to decide...
Old 11-25-2005, 08:48 AM   #17
Hilti De-walt
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasherman
ok..
Slasher: Halloween, Sleepaway Camp and the Prowler

Serial Killer: Seven, the Bone collector and Saw

...many times serial killer movies has slasher elements and the other way around....and there are some "borderline" movies which is hard to decide...
Alright , like I said b4 we all have opinions while I dont see a difference between the 2 I could understand your point and it does make sense.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:32 AM   #18
CHAMPION
Fresh Kill

CHAMPION has no status.

Send a message via AIM to CHAMPION

Maniac is one of my favorite movies ever, that movie epitomizes sleaze and grime, so much to the point it comes out of the television
CHAMPION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:28 AM   #19
Sam Fisher
Rotting Corpse

Sam Fisher has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAMPION
Maniac is one of my favorite movies ever, that movie epitomizes sleaze and grime, so much to the point it comes out of the television
Yeah no denying that scene where the Maniac blew poor Tom Savini's head right off his shoulders with a 12 gauge. Talk about your Excedrin headaches..
Old 11-26-2005, 12:27 PM   #20
Spookshow
Rotting Corpse

Spookshow has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Spookshow

Quote:

That is by far the best slasher flick to ever be made IMO. Extremely graffic, violent, Brutal, gory and twisted with Joe Spinnel playing a great psycho, it by far is one of my top 5 favorite horror films. I remeber see'ing it when I was like 7years old couldnt remeber the name and then ran into some kid who was a huge horror fan and I asked him he told me the name and when on the mission to find it. I have had it for 2 years and watch it probablyonce a month.

Anyway this movie was not directed by Zitto the director is William Lustig. Maniac 1980.
I don't collect movies on dvd. I have very few. I collect cds, music dvds, and sports dvds.
Spookshow is offline   Reply With Quote