A Tale of Two Sisters - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Foreign Horror

Foreign Horror Discussion for horror films from non US markets

Old 11-16-2005, 01:27 PM   #11
WIL Double
BANNED

WIL Double has no status.

This is one of those movies that people like so they can prove how smart they are.
WIL Double is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:33 PM   #12
N2NOther
BANNED

N2NOther has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Hag
Spoilers

Spoilers
I got the impression that Su Yeon was an actual ghost and not just a figment of Su Mi's imagination. Are you just referring to the fact that the mother is the only menacing apparition?
The Su Yeon she talks to?...She's not real...But the Su-Yeon that comes out of the wardrobe at the end...I never took her as Su-Yeon but rather a ghost born out of guilt that looks like young Su-Yeon in the picture with the green dress...
N2NOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:34 PM   #13
N2NOther
BANNED

N2NOther has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIL Double
This is one of those movies that people like so they can prove how smart they are.
This is one of those statements that people say to show how dumb and ignorant they are...
N2NOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:35 PM   #14
Sykopaf
I Eat Brains!

Sykopaf has no status.

Quote:
You must hate it then.

MySpace
Sykopaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:36 PM   #15
Tool Shed
I Ban People

Tool Shed is swimming.

Quote:
One of those movies that people like to prove how smart they are? So...does that mean if you don't like it, that shows how dumb you are? Do you have to be smart to like this movie?

Tool Shed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:47 PM   #16
Sea Hag
It... Won't... Die...

Sea Hag has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Sea Hag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykopaf
Spoilers
Su Yeon was both, a ghost and a delusion. Most of the time when you see her she's a delusion but remember the girl under the sink (or fridge, haven't watched it in a while), that's her ghost. She also takes care of the nurse/stepmom at the end.
Spoilers

I knew that she was the girl under the sink but I thought that was actually Su Yeon's ghost when she came to the realization that she was in fact dead when the father hit us with the revelation? The thought did occur to me that she was also a figment of Su Mi's imagination but I thought otherwise. Maybe i'm wrong. And I wouldn't even bother with Will Double. Have you seen his sorry ass dvd collection? My penis has better taste than he does.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 9/10
Thunderbolt And Lightfoot - 7.5/10
Assault On Precinct 13 (76) - 9/10
The Avengers - 8.5/10
L.A. Confidential - 8.5/10

Last edited by Sea Hag; 11-16-2005 at 01:51 PM.
Sea Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:53 PM   #17
GrimCalavera
Fresh Kill

GrimCalavera has no status.

Send a message via MSN to GrimCalavera

Well, I certainly don't think the movie deserves the praise it gets but I did enjoy it and am glad to have it in my collection. I just don't think it's as original or ingenious as it's made out to be.

Still, I can see how certain minds would be floored by this movie and see it as pure gold. To each his own, I suppose. I would recommend it, but only for the cheap wal-mart price I see it going for in my town (I've never seen it priced higher than $9.99, and rightfully so).
Old 11-16-2005, 01:54 PM   #18
Sykopaf
I Eat Brains!

Sykopaf has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Hag
Spoilers

I knew that she was the girl under the sink but I thought that was actually Su Yeon's ghost when she came to the realization that she was in fact dead when the father hit us with the revelation? The thought did occur to me that she was also a figment of Su Mi's imagination but I thought otherwise. Maybe i'm wrong. And I wouldn't even bother with Will Double. Have you seen his sorry ass dvd collection? My penis has more taste than he does.
At the beginning of the film the father is bringing her home from the hospital because she already suffers from this delusion, that's why he's always on the phone saying she's getting worse etc.. and who he's on the phone to is the nurse who Su Mi sees as the step mum character, but is actually a delusion. When she comes to the house at the end of the movie that's the first time she's really there since Su Mi came home from the hospital.

Jesus Christ I feel like I got brain freeze trying to get that straight in my head!

Thats why I love this movie though, there's so much going on that it takes multiple viewings to figure it all out, but it's filmed in such a way that you can. A lesser director would have easily made a muddled mess out of it.

MySpace
Sykopaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:55 PM   #19
The Ripper
Send... More... Paramedics

The Ripper has no status.

Send a message via AIM to The Ripper

I can't agree with on on A Tale of Two Sisters for the simple fact that I haven't seen it.

But I do agree that the decrepid girl with long black hair in her face gets VERY VERY old.

I also didn't see what people enjoyed about Versus? I mean it wasn't completely horrible, but honestly I would never watch it again nor recommend it.

American, Italian, Asian... Who gives a fuck? If a movies good it's good, if it's bad it's bad.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:55 PM   #20
WIL Double
BANNED

WIL Double has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2NOther
This is one of those statements that people say to show how dumb and ignorant they are...
Thanks for proving my point because we all know how smart you are. I like to watch movies for enjoyment and for an experience. You like to watch movies that make you feel smarter for figuring out their dumb twists. If a movie doesnt entertain or hold my interest I don't care what half assed pscho babble bs the writer/director is shoving down my throat. If you need your tired film school geek insights into movies to prove to yourself that your a smart baby, fine. I don't, because I'm not insecure.
WIL Double is offline   Reply With Quote