Irreversible - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment > Foreign Entertainment

Foreign Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc. from non US markets.

Old 11-19-2005, 02:46 AM   #21
Nosferatuscreams
Send... More... Paramedics

Nosferatuscreams has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nosferatuscreams Send a message via MSN to Nosferatuscreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdream71
hey you fuckin piece of trash why would you resort to name calling? that was totally uncalled for you fuckin norway faggot.
I presented my opinion and gave my rating of the movie, this forum is for posting opinions, so go fuck your mom with your trash talking! How old are you 15?

BITCH!
Hahaha, this post is hilarious. I laughed out loud. Substitute "Norwegian" in, instead of the poor grammar you used in using "Norway" and that would have topped it as one of the funniest posts I've read in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui_X
IMO though, Irreversible has a lot more substance to it though to warrant repeat viewings. As much as I thought Memento was amazing upon my first viewing, when watching it again a couple months later to show a friend, I was less than impressed. I compare it to The Sixth Sense...it's a one trick pony. Incredibly made, but loses a lot of its impact upon a second viewing. Although unlike Shyamalan, Nolan is a great filmmaker.
Meh, the more I think about Irreversible the more under whelming it seems. It's good, but not to the extent so many here give it credit for. I'm not sure I would consider either Nolan or Shyamalan great just yet, I'll need to see more. I was really down on Nolan actually, he hadn't made anything amazing, I was one of the few to go against the Memento bandwagon, it's decent, but forgettable and way too gimmicky. Insomnia is much of the same, under whelming, it's alright, but then he went and did Batman Begins so, being the huge fan that I am, I have to give him much respect for that. For bringing the character to the screen properly. That's his "great" film.

Shyamalan is quite a good filmmaker, if he just let others tinker with his screenplays he could make some great stuff. His great film was The Sixth Sense, which I like quite a bit, I don't find the twist in that film to be out of place or just tacked on. It elevates the film to another level effectively, and that's the difference. Too many people are just tacking on a shitty twist ending just to have a twist. His film is crafted much better than that. Unbreakable is close, I like that quite a bit too, but not great. Both filmmakers are good and I think we need more time to see their work unfold to judge whether one is "great" or not.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:47 AM   #22
Tool Shed
I Ban People

Tool Shed is swimming.

Who is in this film?

Tool Shed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 03:49 AM   #23
SirStoneyOfBow
It... Won't... Die...

SirStoneyOfBow is gonna jook you with his jook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Shed
Who is in this film?
Monica Belucci, Vincent Cassel, and Albert Dupontel(sp).
I think this a great movie. Not one for multiple viewing, but sits proudly on my shelf with admiration. For me, one of the best films of the last 5 years.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:19 AM   #24
Tool Shed
I Ban People

Tool Shed is swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirStoneyOfBow
Monica Belucci, Vincent Cassel, and Albert Dupontel(sp).
I think this a great movie. Not one for multiple viewing, but sits proudly on my shelf with admiration. For me, one of the best films of the last 5 years.
Amazing...I knew I should have bought this today. Fuck...

Old 11-19-2005, 03:05 PM   #25
caroleledoux
Fresh Kill

caroleledoux has no status.

Irreversible stuck with me for a long while after watching it. For the next few days, I cringed anytime I passed a man on the street and didn't want anyone to touch me. I couldn't stop replaying the rape scene over and over in my head, which I thought was MUCH harder to watch than the fire extinguisher scene (don't get me wrong, that was bloody-disgusting as well) - I guess because I'm a woman. I don't know - it was a very disturbing movie that I'll never watch again, but I'm glad I saw it. There aren't many things on film that can evoke the feelings that film made me feel.

Has anyone seen its predecessor, I Stand Alone? I haven't, but I've read that it's about that grizzly old guy from the beginning (also from High Tension). Any opinions?
caroleledoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 03:06 AM   #26
Scottyboy
Fresh Kill

Scottyboy has no status.

havent heard of i stand alone, but i agree that rape scene was stuck in my head for awhile, very disturbing.... crazy stuff, its been awhile but i think i remeber after like a minute or 2 of that scene i fastforwarded the rest of it, it looked like it would never end.

Last edited by Scottyboy; 11-20-2005 at 03:08 AM.
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 09:35 AM   #27
N2NOther
BANNED

N2NOther has no status.

Fuck you both...Memento rox and if you two dippity dipshits don't see that then fuck you both...DERS!!!!!!!

I hate this place sometimes...
N2NOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 09:42 AM   #28
Nosferatuscreams
Send... More... Paramedics

Nosferatuscreams has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nosferatuscreams Send a message via MSN to Nosferatuscreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2NOther
Fuck you both...Memento rox and if you two dippity dipshits don't see that then fuck you both...DERS!!!!!!!

I hate this place sometimes...

Are you talking to me?
Old 11-20-2005, 11:01 AM   #29
N2NOther
BANNED

N2NOther has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatuscreams

Are you talking to me?
I was mocking the nature of rebutal posts on here at times...
N2NOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 02:14 AM   #30
Tool Shed
I Ban People

Tool Shed is swimming.

I just watched this movie and I really have nothing to add that hasn't already been said...but I'll say something anyways. This movie was a bit much for me. The rape scene was just too realistic...and it upset me even more knowing that people get off on that sort of thing. The movie played out much like a person's mind would. Great Film.