Irreversible - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment > Foreign Entertainment

Foreign Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc. from non US markets.

Old 11-17-2005, 11:27 AM   #11
blackdream71
Fresh Kill

blackdream71 has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Phantasmo
Not disturbing? Either you're smoking crack, or you're the kind of guy who finds Salo: 120 Days of Sodom hilarious.
well i'm not saying it's NOT a disturbing film, it's just not "August Underground" disturbing, i guess that's what i was expecting, i should have clarified myself, yes it was disturbing, just not in the way i was expecting, that's all....
blackdream71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 12:42 PM   #12
Count Dragula
I Eat Brains!

Count Dragula has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Count Dragula Send a message via MSN to Count Dragula

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdream71
well i'm not saying it's NOT a disturbing film, it's just not "August Underground" disturbing, i guess that's what i was expecting, i should have clarified myself, yes it was disturbing, just not in the way i was expecting, that's all....
Many times films like underground or flowers and flesh in blood are usually to over the top to be disturbing, often they have the exact opposite effect and just come off humorous. As where the heavy realism of flicks like irreversible seems to come out of nowhere, slap you in the face and leaving you pondering what in the hell you just watched. You just can't help but be a bit shaken after viewing..

Last edited by Count Dragula; 11-17-2005 at 12:47 PM.
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:27 PM   #13
blackdream71
Fresh Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Dragula
Many times films like underground or flowers and flesh in blood are usually to over the top to be disturbing, often they have the exact opposite effect and just come off humorous. As where the heavy realism of flicks like irreversible seems to come out of nowhere, slap you in the face and leaving you pondering what in the hell you just watched. You just can't help but be a bit shaken after viewing..
true true

what's up with idiots on this board verbally attacking people for given an opinion on a movie? i thought that was what legacy like this was for?

that was totally uncalled for and VERY rude, some people don't know how to act like civilized human beings ala "beholdTHEgolfFAG"
Old 11-17-2005, 04:14 PM   #14
Count Dragula
I Eat Brains!

Count Dragula has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Count Dragula Send a message via MSN to Count Dragula

Quote:
what's up with idiots on this board verbally attacking people for given an opinion on a movie? i thought that was what legacy like this was for?

that was totally uncalled for and VERY rude, some people don't know how to act like civilized human beings ala "beholdTHEgolfFAG"
People tend to take the movies they love seriously around here, and many times can come off pretty abrasive. That, and some off us are just fucking dicks..

Best advice is I can give if you intend on sticking around is, grow a little thicker skin and not to take things to heart.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:57 PM   #15
Lavaboy
Fresh Kill

Lavaboy has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relsh
i think it's overkill in that regard. does itself a disservice........makes it appear to be more of a "gimmick flick" than the well constructed film it is. it's quite powerful enough without the camera tricks and such.
What you saw as gimmicky I saw as being experimental. In my view the experiment was a success since it achieved its purpose of unsettling the viewer and emphasizing (not exaggerating) the situations.

Quote:
Well, you did come off with an attitude in your original post. It didn't sound like a simple inquiry, but a blatant dismissal of people who found Irreversible disturbing. As if they were wimps for not being able to stomach something you could.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:01 AM   #16
dub_fierce
Fresh Kill

dub_fierce has no status.

.esrever ni ti depyt tsuj i sleef tsop ym neve ,nmad:::

I agree that the film is more experimental than "gimmicky", the film isnt being marketed around its camera movements. The cinematography is masterful and it helps the director give the audience the same feeling that the characters experience; a series of unfortunate events spinning out of control. Every aspect of the movie was designed in perfect harmony. (not acknowledging the reveresed timeline) the characters are completely in control at the beginning with very precisely written lines of dialogue, to an eventual battery of their senses which results in their heavily repeated lines at the end (beginning). they go from intelligent conversation about sex to talking in circles -at- each other trying to find the Tapeworm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavaboy
What you saw as gimmicky I saw as being experimental.
but its awesome because, the characters couldnt believe what happened at the end (of the story) just like viewers cant believe what happened at the end (of the movie).

presenting the movie in reverse, i thought, was completely unnecessary and not nearly as effective as "Memento". but the presentation was very effective and i found myself wondering if, even though i -heard- the dialogue in logical progression and i understood the logic, could the conversations have been discussed in reverse and still make sense?

Quote:
Well, you did come off with an attitude in your original post. It didn't sound like a simple inquiry, but a blatant dismissal of people who found Irreversible disturbing. As if they were wimps for not being able to stomach something you could.
Does everyone have to be Dr. Phil to interpret the meaning of a messege to know the intention of the post without feeling offended? Behold is just angry at his grandfather for raping him and stumbled upon black's right after watching the movie and revisiting the memories of getting pounded in the ass by wrinkled balls. If he doesnt have anything to contribute to the thread, his computer should meltdown on him and pin him to the ground so that after a few weeks of starvation, his stomach will eat itself.

back on topic though-

Someone mentioned that the extinguisher scene made them feel sick, and i think that that scene upstaged the entire movie. it made me feel somewhat like i did after reading "Guts". (good times) ....and i dont enjoy looking at pictures of death or watching "moment of death" videos, but i was really dissappointed that the movie wasnt filled with scenes like that. i honestly would have been sitting there completely in shock for at least a few hours after the movie was over. but, it moved on and compelled me to share the thoughts that i left above.

:::damn, even my post feels like i just typed it in reverse.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:42 AM   #17
blackdream71
Fresh Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub_fierce

Does everyone have to be Dr. Phil to interpret the meaning of a messege to know the intention of the post without feeling offended? Behold is just angry at his grandfather for raping him and stumbled upon black's right after watching the movie and revisiting the memories of getting pounded in the ass by wrinkled balls. If he doesnt have anything to contribute to the thread, his computer should meltdown on him and pin him to the ground so that after a few weeks of starvation, his stomach will eat itself.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! that's great....
Old 11-18-2005, 07:45 AM   #18
blackdream71
Fresh Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Dragula

Best advice is I can give if you intend on sticking around is, grow a little thicker skin and not to take things to heart.
lol, believe me you won't find anyone with thicker skin than me, i've been on message boards for 7+ years(fitness/bodybuilding), but i still find it rude that someone attacks you for NO reason at all, save for the fact that it makes them feel like an internet tough guy.....
Old 11-18-2005, 06:34 PM   #19
Lavaboy
Fresh Kill

Lavaboy has no status.

Quote:
but i still find it rude that someone attacks you for NO reason at all, save for the fact that it makes them feel like an internet tough guy.....
Nah, he had another reason. So did I - except I didn't 'attack' you.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:58 PM   #20
Kamui_X
Send... More... Paramedics

Kamui_X is Infini-Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub_fierce
presenting the movie in reverse, i thought, was completely unnecessary and not nearly as effective as "Memento".
IMO though, Irreversible has a lot more substance to it though to warrant repeat viewings. As much as I thought Memento was amazing upon my first viewing, when watching it again a couple months later to show a friend, I was less than impressed. I compare it to The Sixth Sense...it's a one trick pony. Incredibly made, but loses a lot of its impact upon a second viewing. Although unlike Shyamalan, Nolan is a great filmmaker.
Kamui_X is offline   Reply With Quote