Ultimate A Nightmare On Elm Street Thread - Page 1145 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 09-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #11441
NightmareWarrior
Rotting Corpse

NightmareWarrior has no status.

Chase' death in New Nightmare is one of my all time favorite kill scene in any horror film. It was brutal and very gory!

I have to ask, during the original 1984 Nightmare. Anyone else hate that splash effect that was added after Tina drops on the bed. i love this movie, its a classic but that effect was so cheesy.
NightmareWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:31 AM   #11442
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
Chase' death in New Nightmare is one of my all time favorite kill scene in any horror film. It was brutal and very gory!

I have to ask, during the original 1984 Nightmare. Anyone else hate that splash effect that was added after Tina drops on the bed. i love this movie, its a classic but that effect was so cheesy.
I remember hearing in interviews that there was actually something cut from that scene, where she lands on the bed. Apparently a bubble or something formed and when she hit it blood went everywhere. Craven loved it, the MPAA, not so much. They had to cut it out. Now, I'm unsure if what we see is all they could get away with, having cut the majority of the effect out, or if they re-did it how it's seen, although I can't see the later being much of a possibility.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Oxley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:32 AM   #11443
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
I remember hearing in interviews that there was actually something cut from that scene, where she lands on the bed. Apparently a bubble or something formed and when she hit it blood went everywhere. Craven loved it, the MPAA, not so much. They had to cut it out. Now, I'm unsure if what we see is all they could get away with, having cut the majority of the effect out, or if they re-did it how it's seen, although I can't see the later being much of a possibility.
The original VHS release was the uncut version which featured the full splash. It's longer and slower and makes the scene a lot more gruesome. I was surprised to see it trimmed when the series hit DVD.

Same goes for Part 5. The original VHS of that film was uncut as well.
Rusted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #11444
Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusted31 View Post
The original VHS release was the uncut version which featured the full splash. It's longer and slower and makes the scene a lot more gruesome. I was surprised to see it trimmed when the series hit DVD.

Same goes for Part 5. The original VHS of that film was uncut as well.
I don't understand how they cut it in the DVD, that's just stupid.

I want to see that fucking scene that was cut from 5 that they couldn't even describe in NSA!!!!

Quote:
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #11445
Vlad The Impaler
BANNED

Vlad The Impaler is gone.

Quote:
Obviously, I don't think I had the original VHS release but it was bought for me by my older brother for Christmas '89 (I was 11). This scene was the exact same version that is now on the DVD releases. So, I don't think I've ever watched the film with that uncut scene. I had it on the "CBS Fox All Time Greats" label.
Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #11446
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
Obviously, I don't think I had the original VHS release but it was bought for me by my older brother for Christmas '89 (I was 11). This scene was the exact same version that is now on the DVD releases. So, I don't think I've ever watched the film with that uncut scene. I had it on the "CBS Fox All Time Greats" label.
You would have to go back to the original CBS Fox VHS release to find the uncut version. It's only a second or two but makes a lot of difference.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #11447
Oxley

Quote:
You would have to go back to the original CBS Fox VHS release to find the uncut version. It's only a second or two but makes a lot of difference.
I'm guessing the original footage has perished or something, otherwise you'd think it be in the bluray or DVD. Although, I think it might have been shown in NSA or something?? I'm not sure I might be thinking of something else.

Quote:
Old 10-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #11448
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Quote:
I'm guessing the original footage has perished or something, otherwise you'd think it be in the bluray or DVD. Although, I think it might have been shown in NSA or something?? I'm not sure I might be thinking of something else.
It would definitely be around. Would've been nice if they released uncut blu rays but they didn't.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #11449
Oxley

Quote:
It would definitely be around. Would've been nice if they released uncut blu rays but they didn't.
I don't think they are ever going to.

I know you can get part 5 uncut online, on DVD. Moviegeek got it, I forget the name of the site though.

Quote:
Old 10-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #11450
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Quote:
I don't think they are ever going to.

I know you can get part 5 uncut online, on DVD. Moviegeek got it, I forget the name of the site though.
The footage cut from Part 5 is great, especially Dans death. It's pretty nasty.