Ultimate A Nightmare On Elm Street Thread - Page 1142 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 03-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #11411
Justinakach0ppa
Not Dead Yet

Justinakach0ppa is Entering Haddonfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do0kie89 View Post
Yeah the remake is horrible all round. I went in wanting to like it. Came out majorly let down. They had a chance to do something a little different. Like maybe make it really dark and moody and atmospheric and take freddy back to his pre prankster ways. But instead its just a regurgitated piece of shit. I didnt care about any of the characters its just felt rushed.

On another note i rewatched the Original series and ive said it before but ill say it again, i love the tone of NOES 2 (despite the gay undertones) its so fucking dark plus freddies make up is the best in part 2. I kinda wish they made more nightmare movies that dark.

Yeah I feel the same way, it was def rushed, either that or there was just no care put into it whatsoever, in-fact the latter seems more likely.

I will be honest just a few weeks ago I was of the opinion I hated NOES 2, it had been a while since I watched it and all I could remember really was how they brought freddy into the real world (which I still really dislike btw) but I have recently watched it and I must say I do enjoy the movie a hell of a lot.

I still think its behind 3 in terms of what I would consider a better sequel but for sure it is very good, as far as the gay undertones it never bothered me tbh, in-fact me and my wife were watching it and laughing at how we never noticed that before when we were younger hahaha.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:50 AM   #11412
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Willowfang is half Thundercat on his childhood's side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinakach0ppa View Post
Agreed 100% it is all about cash these days, I think the main thing to mean that made prosthetics stand out over cgi is the imagination of it and finding a way around the limited things they had to do it with.

It shows that hard work and effort went into the creation of things and it pays off and shows in the final work.

CGI in the majority of films especially horror`s looks tacked on and poor as fuck it really is.
To add to that in a different way. The mind is going to protest impossible things and/or things you aren't grasping. Whether it's math homework you can't figure out or a picture you're trying to make heads or tales of.

With prosthetics, it's at least existing in the real world, so you got quite the chance to figure it out and less chance for the mind to rebel against it.

With CGI, the same is NOT impossible, but there's a distinct likely hood for something to be off that not even the designers can fix if they can't put their fingers on it or basically run out of time or money to make better. Strange movement is one big killer, the design may look great, but movement is a big killer for me with "homemade FX" in a SYFY or other straight to video type production.
I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Last edited by Willowfang; 03-31-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Willowfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:58 AM   #11413
Justinakach0ppa
Not Dead Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowfang View Post
To add to that in a different way. The mind is going to protest impossible things and/or things you aren't grasping. Whether it's math homework you can't figure out or a picture you're trying to make heads or tales of.

With prosthetics, it's at least existing in the real world, so you got quite the chance to figure it out and less chance for the mind to rebel against it.

With CGI, the same is NOT impossible, but there's a distinct likely hood for something to be off that not even the designers can't fix if they can't put their fingers on or basically run out of time or money to make better. Strange movement is one big killer, the design may look great, but movement is a big killer for me with "homemade FX" in a SYFY or other straight to video type production.
Could not have put it better myself, I think in time this may improve with CGI as tech gets a little better and things start to look and feel a bit more realistic.

I think the with the new rambo movie stallone went back to the "old type of gore instead of cg" and you can tell in certain scenes it really pays off, but then in others you can see the use of CGI and it really does show why the old style is much better.

In all honesty I would like to see a horror flick adopt the old way in a new movie and see how it turns out, modern prosthetics would be even better so it would be nice to see how it would look.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:53 PM   #11414
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do0kie89 View Post

I thought for years everyone was reading too much into the gay undertones, but i read somewhere a couple of the production crew were gay and put in lots of innuendos and gay stuff which is pretty funny.

And i agree id say it was the scariest too. Always loved it.
The gay undertones were actually added by a straight writer (David Chaskin). It was supposed to be sub text. At the time there was a lot of AIDS shit going on, and homosexuality was a big no. He put it in there so Jesse would have an even bigger mental fight going on. He said it's would be a difficult time in anyone's life, and he wanted to try harness it into the script.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:28 AM   #11415
Heathen
BANNED

Heathen is advising that if you kiss a corpse, you had better be willing to go all the way.

I hate Pt. 2's poster. Why does Jesse's hand look like a baseball mitt?
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:31 AM   #11416
Justinakach0ppa
Not Dead Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
lol wtf I never noticed that hahahaha
Old 04-01-2012, 05:21 AM   #11417
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Does anyone have the blu rays of these movies ?

If so how are the transfers.
Rusted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:11 AM   #11418
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Willowfang is half Thundercat on his childhood's side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
Well, is it a pitcher's mitt or a catcher's mitt....
I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.
Willowfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #11419
Do0kie89
Rotting Corpse

Do0kie89 has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinakach0ppa View Post
Yeah I feel the same way, it was def rushed, either that or there was just no care put into it whatsoever, in-fact the latter seems more likely.

I will be honest just a few weeks ago I was of the opinion I hated NOES 2, it had been a while since I watched it and all I could remember really was how they brought freddy into the real world (which I still really dislike btw) but I have recently watched it and I must say I do enjoy the movie a hell of a lot.

I still think its behind 3 in terms of what I would consider a better sequel but for sure it is very good, as far as the gay undertones it never bothered me tbh, in-fact me and my wife were watching it and laughing at how we never noticed that before when we were younger hahaha.
I think thats one of the reasons i enjoy part 2 though its really different and it stands out amongst the rest of the series. It is essentially a haunted house / possesion movie, its really surreal i like that. Although i still find part 2s ending a tad bit weak.

I can see how you would put it behind 3 in terms of being a better sequel to the original though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
The gay undertones were actually added by a straight writer (David Chaskin). It was supposed to be sub text. At the time there was a lot of AIDS shit going on, and homosexuality was a big no. He put it in there so Jesse would have an even bigger mental fight going on. He said it's would be a difficult time in anyone's life, and he wanted to try harness it into the script.
Ah really, didnt know that, that sheds some new light on the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusted31 View Post
Does anyone have the blu rays of these movies ?

If so how are the transfers.
Im curious to know about the Blu Ray transfers too..

Do0kie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #11420
NightmareWarrior
Rotting Corpse

NightmareWarrior has no status.

I LOVE THIS SCENE.

"Hey Dylan, ever play Skin the cat". LOL

NightmareWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote