Ultimate A Nightmare On Elm Street Thread - Page 11 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 12-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #101
Cotton the Egg Man
Rotting Corpse

Cotton the Egg Man has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Cotton the Egg Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
6 wasn't as bad as people make it seem imo. It was a fun watch compared to the others in a fun way...it had some funny parts lol. The others were more fun to watch in gore and scary ways.
whoa double post.

6 was horrible to watch.

name a good part in the movie.

'All right, once again... This is your brain.
This is your brain ON DRUGS. Any Questions?'

[Freddy hits him with the frying pan] 'Yeah! What are YOU on? Looks like a frying pan and some eggs to me!'

HAHAHAHAHQHAAAQ!!!~!@1`1`1 THAT'S so topical!

a disgrace to what Wes Craven started and finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinmilkman87 View Post
i bet you rub cotton and eggs on your dick.
How did he know?!~
Cotton the Egg Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:40 PM   #102
Zombie Dude
The Living Dead

Zombie Dude is currently fighting the dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
6 wasn't as bad as people make it seem imo. It was a fun watch compared to the others in a fun way...it had some funny parts lol. The others were more fun to watch in gore and scary ways.
It's a horror movie, and considering where it started it should never have gotten as bad as it did. The make-up was bad, the script was bad, the characters and most importantly the ending.

Help get the Nightbreed Director's Cut released. Send an email showing your interest here and help get Nightbreed released the way it was intended.

Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #103
Zombie Dude
The Living Dead

Nightmare remake is a go. Shooting in Spring and being produced by Platinum Dunes: http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...ws.php?id=8835

Help get the Nightbreed Director's Cut released. Send an email showing your interest here and help get Nightbreed released the way it was intended.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:52 PM   #104
TheMadMime
Not Dead Yet

TheMadMime has no status.

Send a message via AIM to TheMadMime Send a message via MSN to TheMadMime

By saying something as stupid as "It's not Freddy cracking jokes", it shows that Platinum Dunes have absolutely no clue what they are doing. Freddy has ALWAYS made wisecracks, even from the main beginning. "This...is God!" "I'll split you in two!" "Watch this!" All jokey lines, all made scary by great line delivery and direction by Craven. Now, add any of those lines to an installment later in the series, and you have a completely different tone.

But to completely omit wisecracks from Freddy is to just make him another random movie killer. Jason's portrayal in the F13 remake won't be much different than Leatherface in the TCM remake, and I'm sure Freddy will be the same type of one-note "realistic" and "dark" character.

Platinum Dunes, here's a thought... maybe you should try making new, original horror films that impress us all before you go around saying what needs to be improved upon in all these other films. Pretty pathetic.
TheMadMime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #105
justinmilkman87
Rotting Corpse

justinmilkman87 is entering the 36th Chamber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadMime View Post
By saying something as stupid as "It's not Freddy cracking jokes", it shows that Platinum Dunes have absolutely no clue what they are doing. Freddy has ALWAYS made wisecracks, even from the main beginning. "This...is God!" "I'll split you in two!" "Watch this!" All jokey lines, all made scary by great line delivery and direction by Craven. Now, add any of those lines to an installment later in the series, and you have a completely different tone.

But to completely omit wisecracks from Freddy is to just make him another random movie killer. Jason's portrayal in the F13 remake won't be much different than Leatherface in the TCM remake, and I'm sure Freddy will be the same type of one-note "realistic" and "dark" character.

Platinum Dunes, here's a thought... maybe you should try making new, original horror films that impress us all before you go around saying what needs to be improved upon in all these other films. Pretty pathetic.
are you every movie serial killers biographer haha?
justinmilkman87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #106
Zombie Dude
The Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadMime View Post

From what I understand they're trying to bring Freddy back to his roots. His lines may have had dark humor in the first film but really there was nothing funny about him. The franchise quickly made him a joke though. He needs to be scary again and not just some comical character.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:47 PM   #107
justinmilkman87
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
From what I understand they're trying to bring Freddy back to his roots. His lines may have had dark humor in the first film but really there was nothing funny about him. The franchise quickly made him a joke though. He needs to be scary again and not just some comical character.
exactly sir.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:03 PM   #108
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Nightmare remake is a go. Shooting in Spring and being produced by Platinum Dunes: http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...ws.php?id=8835
Yeah i know i read it here but http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14637

OMFG i was really against this at first, but now i am actually looking forward to it, we all no it cant surpase the greatness of the original, and nor can it make it a bad movie, WHATS TO LOSE!?

I SAY TO SUMMER 09 HURRY THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:08 PM   #109
justinmilkman87
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
Yeah i know i read it here but http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14637

OMFG i was really against this at first, but now i am actually looking forward to it, we all no it cant surpase the greatness of the original, and nor can it make it a bad movie, WHATS TO LOSE!?

I SAY TO SUMMER 09 HURRY THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!
yep.

platinum dunes know what they are doing, im sure they will do a good job.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:54 AM   #110
Zombie Dude
The Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinmilkman87 View Post
platinum dunes know what they are doing, im sure they will do a good job.
I think the new Friday should give us an idea of what to expect.