Ultimate A Nightmare On Elm Street Thread - Page 1047 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 04-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #10461
C. Carmelon
BANNED

C. Carmelon is admitting he shot the sheriff, but he did not shoot the deputy.

He was the boss in NN. End of discussion.
C. Carmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #10462
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Carmelon View Post
He was the boss in NN. End of discussion.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #10463
Nightmare
The Living Dead

Nightmare is groovy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
It wasn't Krueger at all, it was an essence using his form.

This is my explanation for the new "flesh glove". Seeing how it was a being, it wouldn't be able to turn it's hand to steel, so it just uses it's hand, with a small mixture of metal.

Also at the end of the film, what's thought as the being true form is starting to emerge before he explodes.
The hand glove argument doesn't make sense. Freddy had already had a flesh glove in Freddy's Revenge. The being wouldn't need to turn it's hand to steel, just wear a glove like how it's wearing clothes.

I still think it was Freddy coming into the real world and will until I see/read Craven saying otherwise.

Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:52 PM   #10464
Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
The hand glove argument doesn't make sense. Freddy had already had a flesh glove in Freddy's Revenge. The being wouldn't need to turn it's hand to steel, just wear a glove like how it's wearing clothes.

I still think it was Freddy coming into the real world and will until I see/read Craven saying otherwise.
No you misunderstand. That isn't my reasoning why it isn't Krueger, that's just my explanation for why the glove is different. And Craven did say so;

This isn't exact but it's more or less what's said, Craven tapped into an ancient evil that has lived for many, many years. And it changes it's form from time to time. The evil became the essence of Krueger, but liked his form, so when the films ended the evil kept the form, but decided it is again time to cross over into reality.

It's explained in the scene where Heather is talking to Wes at his house, I looked on youtube but couldn't find it.

Quote:
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #10465
Nightmare
The Living Dead

Nightmare is groovy.

Quote:
No you misunderstand. That isn't my reasoning why it isn't Krueger, that's just my explanation for why the glove is different. And Craven did say so;

This isn't exact but it's more or less what's said, Craven tapped into an ancient evil that has lived for many, many years. And it changes it's form from time to time. The evil became the essence of Krueger, but liked his form, so when the films ended the evil kept the form, but decided it is again time to cross over into reality.

It's explained in the scene where Heather is talking to Wes at his house, I looked on youtube but couldn't find it.
Then what's the point of having Robert Englund vanish when "Freddy" breaks through? It also doesn't make sense that throughout the movie they say he's "trying to enter the real world" if it's just an evil entity that has always been around.

Last edited by Nightmare; 04-27-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #10466
DarkHumor
Fresh Kill

DarkHumor is dancing in the rain of descending ash, dancing on your grave.

Quote:

His make up fucking sucks in FvJ.

Give me 5 and 6's make up over it any day.
Really? I liked 5's, but 6 wasn't anything special. It's gotta be the worst. Looks like they got lazy with the detail on it. I'd take the demon face over the regular in FvsJ.

Last edited by DarkHumor; 04-27-2011 at 09:30 PM.
DarkHumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #10467
Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Then what's the point of having Robert Englund vanish when "Freddy" breaks through? It also doesn't make sense that throughout the movie they say he's "trying to enter the real world" if it's just an evil entity that has always been around.
Englund was scripted to die, but it never made it to film. He fled because he was to "scared" about what was going on. And because, the essence had been in the films for so long it got trapped there. "The Genie in the bottle, and now that the films are over the Genie is trying to escape." or something along those lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHumor View Post
Really? I liked 5's, but 6 wasn't anything special. It's gotta be the worst. Looks like they got lazy with the detail on it. I'd take the demon face over the regular in FvsJ.

I like the demonic look.

Quote:
Old 04-27-2011, 10:58 PM   #10468
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Krueger looked boss in Dream Master.

That's my fave look for Krueger besides the original.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:02 AM   #10469
Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusted31 View Post
That's my fave look for Krueger besides the original.
I like the original look best. It's so greasy, crispy and damp looking. Topped off with hanging flesh and the hole in his right ear. It's awesome.

Quote:
Old 04-29-2011, 01:07 AM   #10470
el terror
Rotting Corpse

el terror is excited for Friday 13th

Quote:
Wow, how can you like him in the remake? He looks like a testicle.
Perhaps that's why I like it then . Haha.
Nah, he doesn't look like a testicle. I thought they did a decent job (apart from a few moments where the CGI clearly shows).
From what I can remember, before the film was actually released (and almost universally panned) a lot of people were saying that they liked the new makeup. I know that once the film was released that we got a better look at him but there were still loads of images and clips to watch before it was released.
It's completely different to Englund's make-up but it's still pretty good in my opinion.
I can't believe it's nearly a year since it's cinema release. Where does the time go eh?!

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"

Last edited by el terror; 04-29-2011 at 02:01 AM.
el terror is offline   Reply With Quote