Soylent Green(1973) - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Golden Age

Golden Age Horror movies from the 1960's - 1980's.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:40 PM   #1
AARONHORRORCORE
Fresh Kill

AARONHORRORCORE has no status.

Default Soylent Green(1973)

Director:Richard Fleischer

Genre:Mystery,Sci-Fi,Thriller

Starring:Charlton Heston,Leigh Taylor-Young

Plot:A tale of Earth in despair in 2022. Natural food like fruits, vegetables, and meat among others are now extinct. Earth is overpopulated and New York City has 40 million starving, poverty stricken people. The only way they survive is with water rations and eating a mysterious food called Soylent. A detective investigates the murder of the president of the Soylent company. The truth he uncovers is more disturbing than the Earth in turmoil when he learns the secret ingredient of Soylent Green. Written by Mystic80

In the year 2022, earth's face has completely changed. New York's population, for example, has grown to 40 million mouths to feed. The greenhouse effect has risen the temperature into nearly unbearable regions, and the people are kept in the cities by law. The rich live in separated luxury apartments (with women as part of the rented furniture) but also experience the lack of natural food. Strawberries are at $150 for a glass of them. Police Detective Thorn investigates a strange murdering case of an official from the Soylent corporation, which feeds the masses with a palette of their creations: Soylent red, yellow, or, even more nutritious, green. Written by Julian Reischl {julianreischl@mac.com}

The year is 2022. New York City has become overpopulated with 40 million people and pollution has caused the temperature to be risen and all natural resources have been destroyed, leaving 40 million people starving. The Soylent Company has create a new food product, Soylent Green. In the overpopulated and polluted New York City, police detective Thorn is assigned to investigate the brutal murder of an corporate official of the Soylent company, William R. Simonson. Thorn's investigation into Simonson's murder leads him to uncover a conspiracy in the Soylant company and the Soylent Green food product itself, where Thorn uncovers the horrible truth about Soylent Green. Written by Daniel Williamson

In the year 2022, overpopulation and the greenhouse effect have made life extremely difficult for the majority of people. The population of New York City is 40 million and the constant heat is unbearable. The city's infrastructure has broken down. Water is rationed and fresh food is virtually non-existent. Rather, most of the population live on soylent green, made from ocean vegetation and formed into tasteless green wafers. In this environment Detective Robert Thorn is assigned to investigate the death of William Simonson who was ultra-rich and didn't suffer any of life's hardships. He was killed with a blow to the head and it was all made to look like an interrupted break-in but Thorn is convinced early on that it was an assassination. Thorn learns that Simonson was a member of the Board of the Soylent Corporation but had recently become sad and morose. What, Thorn wonders would make such a rich man unhappy. Written by garykmcd
AARONHORRORCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
fezz
Not Dead Yet

fezz has no status.

SPOILER (just in case you haven't seen Futurama

"Soylent Green Is Peopleeeeee!!!!!"

Gotta love it! Classic flick
Old 10-20-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
AARONHORRORCORE
Fresh Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezz View Post

I recall that episode of Futurama....and yes it is a great flick....it deserves alittle bit of credit..
Old 10-20-2008, 02:04 PM   #4
fezz
Not Dead Yet

fezz has no status.

Yes, certainly a must watch, and a very convincing future for being pictured in the early 70s.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:08 PM   #5
AARONHORRORCORE
Fresh Kill

Very convincing....Charlton Heston always seems to find himself in these odd future based films....
Old 10-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #6
__Kaylafornia
Visiting BD Timeout

__Kaylafornia has no status.

Send a message via MSN to __Kaylafornia Send a message via Yahoo to __Kaylafornia

Quote:

FUCK YOUR SPOILER!
Old 10-20-2008, 06:25 PM   #7
pumkinheadfan
The Living Dead

pumkinheadfan is happy that there are 2 BD boards

This is a great movie. I even read the book the movie was based off of. The book's title is Make Room! Make Room! but I forgot the authors name.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:28 PM   #8
dead breed
Super Moderator

dead breed is fire walk with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __Kaylafornia View Post
FUCK YOUR SPOILER!
Yeah I agree, should use something better when you go and talk about a *****SPOILER***** or just use the spoiler button.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #9
zombiex
The Living Dead

zombiex has no status.

Send a message via MSN to zombiex

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumkinheadfan View Post
This is a great movie. I even read the book the movie was based off of. The book's title is Make Room! Make Room! but I forgot the authors name.
The Author was Harry Harrison, definitely a great movie, took me years to find a copy on DVD.

After years of using Proactiv my face couldn't look any better. What do you think?

http://zombiexaz.mybrute.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwally View Post
I wish Zombiex would be elected President!
zombiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #10
KINGHORROR
BANNED

KINGHORROR is cry wanking while playing my dreamcast

Quote:

Way to completely ruin the movie for people haven't seen it yet ya fucking douche!!

Anyways this is a fantastic movie, one of the best from the 1970's, if you haven't seen it yet and the movie hasn't been ruined by this idiots amazingly discreet spoiler then you must.
KINGHORROR is offline   Reply With Quote