Double Murder Podcast Thread! (B-D Podcast) - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > General Horror Talk

General Horror Talk Does it have something to do with horror? Does it not fit in anywhere else? Post It Here!

Old 11-07-2008, 03:11 PM   #11
Danny!

Danny! is not sure you deserve to know his status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOniC_DeATh_MonKEY View Post
I liked those interviews in the 'Music Box Massacre' episode. Keep those Podcasts coming man.
Thanks dude! I wasn't sure if we sounded totally or just partially retarded...hahaha
http://www.Bloody-Disgusting.com/podcasts.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATT PYTHON View Post
These ****** need to make like asexual organisms and go fuck themselves.
Danny! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:15 PM   #12
SOniC_DeATh_MonKEY
I Eat Brains!

SOniC_DeATh_MonKEY is at the bottom of a black hole staring into the abyss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny! View Post
Thanks dude! I wasn't sure if we sounded totally or just partially retarded...hahaha
Totally for sure, the last one inparticular I had no idea what the hell was going on

Whats in store for the next Podcast?
Old 11-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #13
Danny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOniC_DeATh_MonKEY View Post
Totally for sure, the last one inparticular I had no idea what the hell was going on

Whats in store for the next Podcast?
Haha, what was going on in the last one was 20 hours of horror, coffee, and whiskey catching up with us...

We're gonna do Quarantine/Rec next. We've given up on trying to do Halloween right now. We'd have another out sooner but Tim's going to stupid Indiana for his birthday weekend. We'll be back to weekly after that

Any ideas for upcoming episodes?

Quote:

Last edited by Danny!; 11-07-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #14
SOniC_DeATh_MonKEY
I Eat Brains!

SOniC_DeATh_MonKEY is at the bottom of a black hole staring into the abyss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny! View Post
Haha, what was going on in the last one was 20 hours of horror, coffee, and whiskey catching up with us...

We're gonna do Quarantine/Rec next. We've given up on trying to do Halloween right now. We'd have another out sooner but Tim's going to stupid Indiana for his birthday weekend. We'll be back to weekly after that
Sounds pretty good, I better get to the movies and watch Quarantine I guess.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:11 AM   #15
Danny!

New episode is available on iTunes now!!! We review Tetsuo: Iron Man and The Machine Girl!

Quote:
Old 01-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #16
Danny!

New episode on iTunes, Halloween vs Halloween. Check it out!

Quote:
Old 01-15-2009, 04:39 PM   #17
Machine Gun Kid
Not Dead Yet

Machine Gun Kid is the fresh prince of darkness

The Halloween episode was entertaining as hell as always. It brought up some things i really didnt take into consideration about the remake. I still give Zombie a few points for trying something new, even though he failed at everything he was going for. I hate movies that are carbon-copies of the original. But your right, fuck the back story. It was too long and too boring.
Machine Gun Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:49 PM   #18
Machine Gun Kid
Not Dead Yet

Oh, and was it me? or Did Zombie fail twice in a row now.

For Devils Rejects, he said in a few interviews that you weren't supposed to like the firefly family or feel sorry for them. They were scumbag murdering rapists. But I, and many others, found ourselves rooting for them; due to the actions of their counterpart William Forsythe.

The reverse is in Halloween. It seems that with his messed up childhood, abusive family, bullies, etc., that you ARE supposed to feel bad for Michael. But when he kills Danny Trejo (the only man who was ever nice to him), as well as almost every other innocent person he encounters, it's hard to take pity on him. Im confused about how Rob Zombie wants us to feel. It's like a rape victim saying her attacker was really really polite.

So i was rooting for killers that i shouldn't have, and i was not giving a damn about the Killer i should have.

interesting.....
Old 01-15-2009, 05:17 PM   #19
Danny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine Gun Kid View Post
Oh, and was it me? or Did Zombie fail twice in a row now.

For Devils Rejects, he said in a few interviews that you weren't supposed to like the firefly family or feel sorry for them. They were scumbag murdering rapists. But I, and many others, found ourselves rooting for them; due to the actions of their counterpart William Forsythe.

The reverse is in Halloween. It seems that with his messed up childhood, abusive family, bullies, etc., that you ARE supposed to feel bad for Michael. But when he kills Danny Trejo (the only man who was ever nice to him), as well as almost every other innocent person he encounters, it's hard to take pity on him. Im confused about how Rob Zombie wants us to feel. It's like a rape victim saying her attacker was really really polite.

So i was rooting for killers that i shouldn't have, and i was not giving a damn about the Killer i should have.

interesting.....
These are really good points and I hope you share them with the people around here who are bigtime RZ supporters. He's yet to earn my trust...

Quote:
Old 01-15-2009, 06:09 PM   #20
Machine Gun Kid
Not Dead Yet

I don't know if i can call myself a RZ supporter, at least as far as his film career goes. I really liked House of 1000 Corpses for what it was-over the top characters, soaked in violence, and set in a 100% unbelievable situation. Devil's Rejects was.....decent at best. His ace card was the characters, and i felt they were very mundane in this one. And Halloween was......it just was.

I think the ultimate root of the arguement lies in the decision to give RZ the project in the first place. He is a very stylized film-maker, and we have 3 projects to show for it. He makes what i like to call "Big Mac" movies. They taste great to some, but have no nutritional value to anyone. If you like movies that are style over substance (which is perfectly acceptable. Movies are designed to entertain, and entertainment comes in different forms), then i can absolutly see the appeal in RZ's work. If you appreciate good dialog, acting, suspense, etc., then you're probably going to hate him.

I knew going in what the remake would be like. I expect big explosions from Michael Bay, I expect funky music and flashbacks/flashforwards out the ass from Quentin Tarentino, i expect to wanna punch myself repeatly watching Pauly Shore, and i expect an extended music video from RZ-complete with enough camera tricks to give me a seizure.

I found the Halloween remake to be entertaining-in the fact that i could completely shut my brain off and see tits & violence. But it was not good by any stretch.

But hey, kudos to the man for trying. I dont mind remakes. If it's good, or different, it lets me see the story in a new light. If it sucks, it makes me appreciate the original even more. And i appreciate the original more then ever now.

I did find 2 hilarious moments in the film. And i know they were not intended to be but...

1. Love stinks....really? seriously?
2. When young Michael puts on his trademark mask before killing his sister. He seriously looks like a Bobble-head