Hammer Horror Appreciation Thread! - Page 22 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Classic Horror

Classic Horror From earliest Horror Classics - 1950's.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:11 AM   #211
Dark Mark
Fresh Kill

Dark Mark is a freelance exorcist.

Default Hammer horror classics to be restored

Dozens of horror movies produced by Britain's Hammer studios are to be restored for their release on Blu-Ray.

More here.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #212
Vampira_Re-Animated
Fresh Kill

Vampira_Re-Animated is Bloodsuckers Anonymous

I'd never forget seeing the Hammer Horror version of Dracula where the Count doesn't have an Eastern European accent but a British one

When there is no more room in hell. The dead will walk the Earth.
Vampira_Re-Animated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:33 AM   #213
Vlad The Impaler
BANNED

Vlad The Impaler is gone.

As part of Disturbing Films' Vampire Week check out my review of Taste the Blood of Dracula (1970).
Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #214
CountOrlok
BANNED

CountOrlok is not giving a flying fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
As part of Disturbing Films' Vampire Week check out my review of Taste the Blood of Dracula (1970).
I agree with the "hit and miss" comment. It's my least favourite of the Hammer Draculas I've seen. Horror, Brides, Prince of Darkness, Scars and A.D. 1972 I liked more (I don't think I've seen Risen from the Grave, Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires or Satanic Rites, will have to get around to that).

I can't really pick a favourite since I like them all, but out of all of them I've seen Horror and A.D. 1972 the most. Dracula A.D. 1972 is very underrated IMO.
CountOrlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #215
Vlad The Impaler
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
I agree with the "hit and miss" comment. It's my least favourite of the Hammer Draculas I've seen. Horror, Brides, Prince of Darkness, Scars and A.D. 1972 I liked more (I don't think I've seen Risen from the Grave, Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires or Satanic Rites, will have to get around to that).

I can't really pick a favourite since I like them all, but out of all of them I've seen Horror and A.D. 1972 the most. Dracula A.D. 1972 is very underrated IMO.
'Horror', 'Prince of Darkness' and 'Risen' are the ones I really like. The rest of the series is pretty meh for me. I think Hammer's Frankenstein franchise was a lot stronger overall. 'Curse', 'Revenge' and 'Destroyed' are all great. 'Created Woman' is solid too. 'Evil' is fucking terrible and I need to re-valuate 'Monster from Hell'. I don't remember too well 'Horror' with Ralph Bates in the role.

My reviews of The Revenge of Frankenstein (1958) and Frankenstein Created Woman (1967).
Old 07-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #216
CountOrlok
BANNED

Quote:
'Horror', 'Prince of Darkness' and 'Risen' are the ones I really like. The rest of the series is pretty meh for me. I think Hammer's Frankenstein franchise was a lot stronger overall. 'Curse', 'Revenge' and 'Destroyed' are all great. 'Created Woman' is solid too. 'Evil' is fucking terrible and I need to re-valuate 'Monster from Hell'. I don't remember too well 'Horror' with Ralph Bates in the role.

My reviews of The Revenge of Frankenstein (195 and Frankenstein Created Woman (1967).
I liked 'Curse', haven't seen the others yet, though. What do you think about the Mummy series?
Old 07-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #217
Vlad The Impaler
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
I liked 'Curse', haven't seen the others yet, though. What do you think about the Mummy series?
I much prefer the '59 Hammer version of 'The Mummy' to the '32 Universal one which is insanely boring. I haven't actually seen any of the other Mummy films from either the Universal or Hammer franchises. All the other instalments are unrelated to the originals. I will have to check them out someday.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:51 PM   #218
CountOrlok
BANNED

Quote:
I much prefer the '59 Hammer version of 'The Mummy' to the '32 Universal one which is insanely boring.
haha, yes, I definitely agree on that.