Nine Inch Nails - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Music Discussion

Music Discussion Wow that new Britney Track Rules! Talk about that (and other music stuff) here.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
black coffee
It... Won't... Die...

black coffee has no status.

Send a message via MSN to black coffee
Default Nine Inch Nails

Discuss.

Albums rankings:

The Fragile
With Teeth
The Downward Spiral
Pretty Hate Machine
Year Zero
Broken
Ghosts IIV
The Slip

Last edited by black coffee; 06-20-2011 at 05:47 PM.
black coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #2
KINGHORROR
BANNED

KINGHORROR is cry wanking while playing my dreamcast

I had Pretty Hate Machine, Broken and Fixed but I never really thought they deserved all the hype surrounding them, I think what blew it for me was the infamous Broken video, that was just silly.
I do still give Pretty Hate Machine the odd spin once in a while but I realy have to be in the right mood.
KINGHORROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
TheLadyLigeia
The Living Dead

TheLadyLigeia is quietly judging you

Send a message via MSN to TheLadyLigeia

I've always really liked them. I agree their post-Fragile stuff isn't as good, but I still dig it.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:38 AM   #4
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

One of my three favorite bands along with Pink Floyd and Tool. I can still remember when i was a freshman in college going down to Pittsburgh to visit a friend who I asked to give me something to listen before I went to bed. He gave me Pretty Hate Machine and I was blown away. I had never heard anything quite like it and fell in love instantly. I remember counting down the days of the long awaited release of Broken and hitting the record stores the day it was released. The ep was very different but I loved it as I was a fan of heavier music anyways. It was some of the first industrial music I was introduced and made me seek out more of the same. Broken remains my all time favorite release. Such great angst and emotion.

I wasn't too thrilled with Fixed and then had to wait for what seemed like forever for The Downward Spiral to be released. Such a great concept cd and was happy that Closer was given air time and others were discovering what a great musician Reznor was. Wasn't too wild on Further Down the Sprial though.

The Fragile was another high quality release and love that double cd. Things Falling Apart and And All That Could Have Been are also amazing releases. I wasn't wild on With Teeth although I had a house fire at that time so not sure if that had anything to do with it (but still have revisited the cd and it still doesn't capture my attention compared to his other works).

Year Zero was a nice rebound and the remix cd is even better. The Slip is alright but half of it is forgettable. I'll be interested to see what he does next. I love that he also gives a "Fuck You" to the corporate music industry.

1. Broken
2. The Fragile
3. Downward Spiral
4. Pretty Hate Machine
5. Y34RZ3R0R3MIX3D
6. Things Falling Apart
7. Year Zero
8. And All That Could Have Been/Still

(All eight of those are STELLAR!)

6. The Slip
7. Ghosts
8. With Teeth
9. Fixed
10. Further Down The Spiral

Last edited by Outpost #31; 09-14-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:48 AM   #5
69Ghosts
Not Dead Yet

69Ghosts has no status.

it took me so long to get into The Fragile but i fuckin love that cd. not a big fan of their new shit but i like it. have all their cds, imports, remixes all that shit. Fav. song is on the Sin ep, 'Get Down Make Love' cover of Queens song. Very dark and disturbing, also love the video for the song 'Burn'. That shit is fucked!!!
69Ghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:00 PM   #6
system-static
Fresh Kill

system-static has no status.

Huge NIN fan here. Although their newer stuff is less brutal, I still love it. I get bored of bands if they just re-hash the same stuff again and again. A different direction is always a good thing. I have to admit to playing Pretty Hate Machine the most though despite that.
system-static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:24 PM   #7
Galvatron
Fresh Kill

Galvatron has no status.

I have liked NIN since I heard Pretty Hate Machine.

The worst thing they have done, in my opinion, was The Slip. I mean, I like how they released it, but I did not enjoy it that much. Not as much as Ghosts anyway.

My favourite albums:

(1) The Fragile
(2) With Teeth
(3) Broken
Old 09-12-2008, 12:30 PM   #8
Rasputina

Rasputina has no status. Edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
My favourite albums:

(1) The Fragile
(2) With Teeth
(3) Broken
Those are the albums I liked too. I don't remember the names of the ones that followed, since I listened to them once and then they went on the shelf, never to return.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:46 PM   #9
Galvatron
Fresh Kill

Galvatron has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
Those are the albums I liked too. I don't remember the names of the ones that followed, since I listened to them once and then they went on the shelf, never to return.

I thought Year Zero had a few really awesome tracks on it that just seem to punch me in the face ( a good thing). But the album is pretty much a dust-collector for me as well.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:52 PM   #10
Klown
Administrator

Klown has no status.

I'm a pretty big fan as well. I dig most of the albums, but especially The Fragile. I also really like Ghosts, as it makes great background music while doing schoolwork.

Blu-ray / DVD Collection | Horror Etc. Podcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
Thank God for Jeff Goldblum
Klown is offline   Reply With Quote