Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) - Page 6 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 07-23-2008, 02:58 AM   #51
indecent actions
I Eat Brains!

indecent actions is getting the poison out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disanti View Post
I don't get what's so shitty about re-makes. I like them, it's another chapter in the saga, another excuse to go to the theatre and cheer on you favorite anti-hero. How much more can we pushed the envelope? In today's standards, TCM is horror light compared to the shit they put in movies. I mean look at the excorsist. I have to keep telling the guy at Blockbuster to put it back in the comedy section every time i go there. It doesn't belong anywhere near horror.

The only reason old movies were "edgy" is because our parents grew up in sheltered times. Thank you to those movies who pushed the edge back in the day, but the only thing pushed by them these days are the eject button from my dvd player.
Well, you'll probably be excited because the last I heard they're re-making The Exorcist also. I wonder who they'll get to play Linda Blairs' role. Maybe Dakota Fanning or even better maybe one of the Olsen twins, that would be swell.

Quote:
worst argument ever. really, this whole discussion is clearly moot. not sure why i even got involved.
Pretty much..

Is he going to lose both bones?
indecent actions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:09 AM   #52
tibber
Rotting Corpse

tibber has no status.

Send a message via AIM to tibber Send a message via Yahoo to tibber

Quote:
Well, you'll probably be excited because the last I heard they're re-making The Exorcist also.
wait, what? where'd you hear this? i'm not even a huge fan of the exorcist myself but i thought it was one of the few that most would have the sense to not even try. i can't see this doing anything but sucking.

Last edited by tibber; 07-23-2008 at 03:11 AM.
tibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:14 AM   #53
indecent actions
I Eat Brains!

indecent actions is getting the poison out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibber View Post
wait, what? where'd you hear this? i'm not even a huge fan of the exorcist myself but i can't see this doing anything but sucking.
It was a while ago and probably wont happen just like The Monster Squad, The Evil Dead and countless others that were/are slated for remakes. I was just siting that rumor as an example.

Is he going to lose both bones?
indecent actions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:32 AM   #54
vincezom@yahoo.com
Not Dead Yet

vincezom@yahoo.com has no status.

I gotta agree with alleywaykrew. I think it's pretty watchable as long as I think of it as a stand-alone flick and don't compare it with the original. And anyway, what's wrong with them buying weed?
vincezom@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:41 AM   #55
Anthropophagus
BANNED

Anthropophagus has no status.

Quote:
When does low quality/low budget camera equiptment = gritty. It just means you're poor and you didn't have enough money to shoot the movie with better equiptment. If they had 10 Mil to shoot the thing and still did it with shitty equiptment...ok give them props. What did they have for the original? $20 and a stick of gum?
Are you blind or just stupid? Do you even know anything about the process of filmmaking? Shooting with low quality cameras doesn't necessarily make you poor by default, it means you're going to create a movie that looks extremely realistic. I mean, come on, with most mainstream films, are you supposed to believe the person is just standing there completely still and not making a single noise until the camera focuses on them?

Shooting with handhelds gives a film a gritty raw edge, that's why this film, 'The Blair Witch Project' and 'Cannibal Holocaust' succeeded and were brilliant films as a result.
Quote:
The original Leatherface was a little bitch and made those stupid squealing sounds.
Haha. But that's what make him shocking and terrifying. Since when is a huge squealing beast holding a chainsaw and wearing a mask made of human skin not scary?
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:30 AM   #56
Zombie Outbreak
Rotting Corpse

Zombie Outbreak has no status.

Remake > Original.
Zombie Outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:17 AM   #57
disanti
The Living Dead

disanti is probably listening to metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
Are you blind or just stupid? Do you even know anything about the process of filmmaking? Shooting with low quality cameras doesn't necessarily make you poor by default, it means you're going to create a movie that looks extremely realistic. I mean, come on, with most mainstream films, are you supposed to believe the person is just standing there completely still and not making a single noise until the camera focuses on them?

Shooting with handhelds gives a film a gritty raw edge, that's why this film, 'The Blair Witch Project' and 'Cannibal Holocaust' succeeded and were brilliant films as a result.

Haha. But that's what make him shocking and terrifying. Since when is a huge squealing beast holding a chainsaw and wearing a mask made of human skin not scary?

Dude I work in film and they had little choice but to shoot it that way. I don't feel like I am right there when I watch the movie, I feel like I'm watching a movie film with a poor camera. Handheld stuff isn't my thing either, it's gets very boring to me after 5 minutes.

What made him a pussy was the fact he acted like a child when he was around his family. He has moments on film where he is not scary at all. In the remake he is intimidating in ever scene and never gives a hint of child like emotions.

I still stand by my argument that there are only so many movies that should be retired like sports numbers to never to be re-made. The rest of them are flawed enough to be fair game. The original TCM was a giant boring flaw.
disanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:00 AM   #58
disanti
The Living Dead

disanti is probably listening to metal

Just a final note. I took TCM to work yesterday and watched while I was working. I really gave it a shot to understand it better and see where everyone was coming from. In the end though, it was still just a pile of shit.
disanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:38 PM   #59
Burke Dennings
Not Dead Yet

Burke Dennings has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Outbreak View Post
Remake > Original.
Failure.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:37 AM   #60
Raining-Blood
Fresh Kill

Raining-Blood is going to buy Inglourious Basterds, District 9 and Drag Me To Hell.

Ive only just seen the original after much negotiation with my mother to rent it or buy it.

I must admit, the first one isnt all that great, but it does have that creepiness and basic scare factor that i enjoy in films. The thing like if you really think about it, its kind of creepy. Like a retarded man wearing peoples own faces over his face, brandishing a chainsaw with a creppy cannibalistic family. Plus i look at it from the eyes of a youth in the 70's.

But the idea of a pshyco killer with a fucked up family has been done too many times now to date. *Cough* House Of 1000 Corpses *Cough*