Favorite Monologue(s) - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 05-20-2008, 03:28 PM   #11
iamlove
Rotting Corpse

iamlove has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaArana2 View Post
Warren Oates[Bennie]' one-sided argument with the bodiless head of Alfredo Garcia. [Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia]
Nice one! I always enjoy seeing love for Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia. I think it's one of Peckinpah's best and most underrated films (not to mention the only film he directed in which he had final cut), as well as one of Warren Oates' greatest roles.

This next one is from Pump Up The Volume starring Christian Slater as Mark aka Happy Harry Hard-on.
Spoiler Below
After a listener of his commits suicide, despite his trying to help, Mark/Harry is torn-up about it and decides to apologize before calling it quits, but, at the last minute, he is revitalized and gives his listeners the piece of his mind they deserve

Quote:
Mark Hunter/Hard-Harry: You see, I never planned it like this. My dumb dad got me this short wave radio set so I could just speak to my friends back east, but I couldn't reach anybody, I thought I was talking to nobody. I imagined that nobody was listening. Maybe I imagined one person out there, anyway one day I woke up and I realized I was never going to be normal and so I said fuck it, I said so be it and Happy Harry Hard-on was born. I never meant to hurt anyone, honestly I never meant to hurt anyone. I'm sorry, Malcolm. I never said "Don't do it" I'm sorry. Um...anyway I'm done, stick a fork in me, it's been grand. This is Happy Harry Hard-on saying syionara, over and out. [Turns his system off, only to turn it back on a few moments later]
You hear about some kid who did something stupid, something desperate. What possessed him. How could he do such a terrible thing? It's really quite simple actually. Consider the life of a teenager. You have parents, teachers telling you what to do. You have movies, magazines, and TV telling you what to do. But you know what you have to do. Your job, your purpose, is to get accepted, get a cute girlfriend, and think up something great to do with the rest of your life. What if you're confused and can't imagine a career? What if you're funny-looking and you can't get a girlfriend? You see no one wants to hear it, but the terrible secret is that being young is sometimes less fun than being dead.
Shep Sheppard (Clayton Landey):[listening] This is great, he's making it worse.
Mark: Suicide is wrong, but the interesting thing about it is how uncomplicated it seems. There you are, you got all these problems swarming around your brain, and here is one simple, one incredibly simple solution. I'm just surprised it doesn't happen every day around here. No now they're going to say I said offing yourself is simple, but no, no, no, no, it's not simple. It's like everything else: you have to read the fine print. For instance, assuming there is a heaven--who would ever wanna go there, y'know? I mean think about it, sitting on this cloud, you know it's nice, it's quiet, there's no teachers, there's no parents, but guess what? There's nothing to do. Fucking boring. Another thing to remember about suicide is that it is not a pretty picture. First of all, you shit your shorts, you know. So there you are dead, people are weeping over you, crying, girls you never spoke to are saying, "Why? Why? Why?" and you have a load in your shorts. That's the way I see it. Sue me. Now, they're saying I shouldn't think stuff like this. They're saying something is wrong with me, that I should be ashamed. Well, I'm sick of being ashamed. Aren't you?
Paige:[listening] Sick to death!
Mark: I don't mind being dejected and rejected, but I'm not going to be ashamed about it. At least pain is real. You look around and you see nothing is real, but the pain is real. You know, even this show isn't real. This isn't me; I'm using a voice disguiser. I'm a phoney fuck just like my Dad, just like anybody. You see, the real me is just as worried as the rest of you. They say I'm disturbed. Well, of course I'm disturbed. I mean we're all disturbed, and if we're not, why not? Doesn't this blend of blindness and blandness want to make you do something crazy? Then why not do something crazy? It makes a helluva lot of sense than blowing you fucking brains out you know. Go nuts, go crazy, get creative! You got problems? You just chuck'em, nuke'em! They think you're moody? Make'em think you're crazy, make'em think you might snap! They think you got attitude? You show'em some real attitude! Come on, go nuts, get crazy. Hey no more Mr. Nice Guy. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, oh god!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, oh yes.

I am torn between using that monologue, or this one:
Spoiler Below
from Colin's page, written by himself: "Mark Hunter (Christian Slater) tosses off the Hard-Harry persona and speaks to his fans (and enemies) as himself, an angsty pained teenager trying to get through the hell that is everyones teenage years, in the movie's climactic moment."

Quote:
Mark: Okay this is really me now, no more hiding. Listen we're all worried, we're all in pain, that just comes with having eyes with having ears, but just remember one thing it can't get any worse, it can only get better. I mean high school is the bottom. Being a teenager sucks, but that's the point, surviving it is the whole point. Quitting is not going to make you strong, living will. So just hang on and hang in there. You know I know all about the hating and the sneering, I'm a member of the why bother generation myself. But why did I bother coming out here tonight and why did you? I mean it's time, it begins with us not with politicians, the experts, or the teachers, but with us, with you and with me, the ones who need it most. I believe with everything that's in me that the whole world is begging for healing, even the trees and the earth itself are crying out for it, you can hear it everywhere. It's the same kind of healing I desperately needed and finally feel has begun with you. [he turns to Nora]
[A police chopper appears over head, interupting him; he and Nora speed off, trying to avoid the authorities. They drive through the crowd of press, fans and spectators, as Mark stands up, shouting at the crowd.]
Everyone mix it up, it's not game over yet, it's just the beginning, but it's up to you. I'm calling for every kid to seize the air. Steal it, it belongs to you. Speak out, they can't stop you. Find your voice and use it. Keep this going . Pick a name, go on air. It's your life, take charge of it. Do it, try it, try anything. Spill your guts out and say shit and fuck a million times if you want to, but you decide. Fill the air, steal it. Keep the air alive--!
[His plug is literally pulled by a FCC official. He is no longer broadcasting and the police carry Mark and Nora off to a police-car. He turns around, grinning strangely at the crowd, he takes off his glasses--becoming Hard-Harry yet again--and then shouts...]
TALK HARD!
The Art of War - 1.5/5.0
Open Range - 3.5/5.0
The Missing - 4.0/5.0
The Mark of the Devil - 2.0/5.0

My DVD Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantasmzombie View Post
Hopefully, in november people will use their common sense and vote for John McCain.

You should be ashamed of yourself for calling him a robot.
Quote:
I looked at your profile and your taste in music is as abhorrent as your political beliefs.
iamlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #12
SaraCakes
The Living Dead

SaraCakes is Giving Bigfoot Aids.

Because he liked to look at it....

its from the vagina mons...

I read it last year.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:43 PM   #13
iamlove
Rotting Corpse

iamlove has no status.

Classic psychotic rant from General Ripper in Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb.

Quote:
General Ripper: Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, ice cream? Ice cream, Mandrake? Children's ice cream!...You know when fluoridation began?...1946. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works. I first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love...Yes, a profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women...women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence.
The Art of War - 1.5/5.0
Open Range - 3.5/5.0
The Missing - 4.0/5.0
The Mark of the Devil - 2.0/5.0

My DVD Collection

Quote:
Hopefully, in november people will use their common sense and vote for John McCain.

You should be ashamed of yourself for calling him a robot.
Quote:
I looked at your profile and your taste in music is as abhorrent as your political beliefs.
iamlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:36 AM   #14
CountOrlok
BANNED

CountOrlok is not giving a flying fuck

Dr. Mirakle (Bela Lugosi): [Responding to an audience member who has accused him of heresy] Heresy? Do they still burn men for heresy? Then burn me monsieur, light the fire! Do you think your little candle will outshine the flame of truth? Do you think these bars and curtains are my whole life? They are only a trap to catch the pennies of fools. My life is consecrated to great experiment. I tell you I will prove your kinship with the ape. Erik's blood shall be mixed with the blood of man!

Murders in the Rue Morgue (1932)
CountOrlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #15
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
This great evil. Where does it come from? How'd it steal into the world? What seed, what root did it grow from? Who's doin' this? Who's killin' us? Robbing us of life and light. Mockin' us with the sight of what we might've known. Does our ruin benefit the earth? Does it help the grass to grow, the sun to shine? Is this darkness in you, too? Have you passed through this night?
Quote:
Where is it that we were together? Who were you that I lived with? The brother. The friend. Darkness and light. Strife and love. Are they the workings of one mind? The features of the same face? Oh, my soul. Let me be in you now. Look out through my eyes. Look out at the things you made. All things shining.
Edward P. Train in The Thin Red Line
Old 11-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #16
Renacimiento
The Fallen Angel

Renacimiento has no status.

Location: Somewhere at the bottom of the ocean, near Argentina.

The brilliant Hesher, is full of memorable dialogues and monologues, a proof of this:

Quote:
I pulled this gas tank from an old Chevy. I wanted to blow it up, so I did. What I didn't think about was all the little bits of metal that were going to fly out in every direction. I almost killed myself. I woke up in this hospital and this doctor was like, "Son..." and I said "Don't call me son, you fucking cunt." And he was like, "You blew off your nut." pause I just lost my nut, like that. I went fucking crazy. I assaulted a nurse or a doctor, I don't really remember. I got arrested. I went to juvee. All I could think about was my fucking nut, man. I'm missing a nut. What am I going to do? I had to go looking for it, right? So I busted out of juvee and I went searching. I couldn't find my nut. pause Well, there was this one night I was sitting there and I was taking a shit and I was looking at my balls and I was staring at this little piece of flabby sack where my left nut used to be. And then I saw my right nut for the first time. I was like FUCK MAN, MY NUT! Look I have one, I still have a nut. Right? It's a good nut, it works. God or the fucking devil or whoever the fuck it is you know he left me with one good nut. I still have a fucking nut and it works. And my fucking dick works too. pause Okay, you lost your wife. And you lost your mom. I lost my nut.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #17
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Willowfang is half Thundercat on his childhood's side

The Princess Bride:

Quote:
Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...

[Vizzini stops suddenly, his smile frozen on his face and falls to the ground dead]
I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.
Willowfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #18
CountOrlok
BANNED

CountOrlok is not giving a flying fuck

Not all of these are monologues. I apologise in advance.

Craig Toomy: You wanna know how much money I made for you?
Tom Holby: Yes.
Craig Toomy: I didn't make any money for you!
[crawls onto the boardroom table]
Craig Toomy: I DIDN'T MAKE ANY MONEY FOR YOU! I lost money for you! I lost forty-three million dollars, and I did it deliberately! I did it deliberately! I DID IT DELIBERATELY!
[laughs, then looks up and sees that Holby has been replaced by his father]
Roger Toomy: You fool. You stupid fool!

The Langoliers (1995)

Lady Sylvia Marsh: Fancy praying to a god who was nailed to a wooden cross, who locked up his brides in a convent. Did they really enjoy themselves, hmm? Poor little virgins masterbating in the dark and then in penance for their sins indulging in flagellation 'til their bodies wept tears of blood. Captive virgins, hmm, in the hands of an impotent god. Dionin will have none of that, Eve.

The Lair of the White Worm ( 1988 )

Whitley Strieber: Look at me, I'm naked! I'm talking to you like you're real. Go to Hell!

Whitley Strieber: I don't want to be crazy.

Whitley Strieber: [as an Alien readies the Rectal Probe] Can we talk this over? It looks like you're going to sing White Christmas...

Whitley Strieber: [Doppleganger scene] I am you. And you are me. And we are here. I am the dreamer and you are the dream.

Communion (1989)

Preacher: Are you a sinner? Do you wish to be saved?
Dr. James Xavier: Saved? No. I've come to tell you what I see. There are great darknesses. Farther than time itself. And beyond the darkness... a light that glows, changes... and in the center of the universe... the eye that sees us all.
[Looks up at the sky]
Dr. James Xavier: No!
Preacher: You see sin and the devil! But the lord has told us what to do about it. Said Matthew in Chapter Five, "If thine eye offends thee... pluck it out!"

X (The Man With the X-Ray Eyes) (1963)
CountOrlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #19
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Anything with Al Pacino, he delivers the best monologues of all time (aside from Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #20
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
Anything with Al Pacino, he delivers the best monologues of all time (aside from Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now)!

Yeah, but he needs to calm down a little bit. Every little thing he says makes the veins on his neck stick out like piano wire.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote