Ultimate Halloween Thread - Page 345 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

View Poll Results: Best Halloween movie?
Halloween 69,023 99.99%
Haloween 2 3 0.00%
Halloween 3 Season of the Witch 1 0.00%
Voters: 69027. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2010, 05:53 PM   #3441
The Geek
It... Won't... Die...

The Geek is eating shit and dying!

Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek

Halloween 4 is my favorite sequel in the series and I thought the mask looked creepy.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #3442
retinalworm
Fresh Kill

retinalworm is trouble in Bubbleland

Season of the Witch was on last night. Good as ever.
retinalworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:00 PM   #3443
bloodypacman
The Living Dead

bloodypacman is glad The Dude Abides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Boss_ View Post
Watching Halloween 4 right now. The mask in this one is terrible. The movie isn't great either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGeek View Post
Halloween 4 is my favorite sequel in the series and I thought the mask looked creepy.
Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by retinalworm View Post
That's a good one.

You didn't let me finish. I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm gonna bash your brains in!
bloodypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:20 PM   #3444
_Boss_
Fresh Kill

_Boss_ has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retinalworm View Post
This is by far one of the worst movies, no relation to the series at all.

• La Horde- 6/10
  • The Loved Ones - 8/10
  • American Mary - 4.5/10
  • Reykjavik Whale Watching Massacre - 2/10
  • I Spit On Your Grave(2010) - 7.5/10
  • The Human Centipede - 6.5/10
  • Serbian Film - 9/10

Last edited by _Boss_; 10-27-2010 at 10:23 PM.
_Boss_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:30 PM   #3445
The Geek
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
That doesn't mean shit. Everyone involved admits calling it Halloween III was a bad idea but it's an entertaining horror film.

Plus it has Tom Atkins and his rockin' stache.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:33 PM   #3446
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGeek View Post
I think the mask looks really, really bad. It actually makes me laugh how bad it looks.

Quote:
I love 3 and wish they had just continued with doing a different halloween themed movie every year or 2. Michael Myers died in the second and it really should have just ended there. Every flick after with Michael was pretty bad.
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:54 PM   #3447
The Geek
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
I think the mask looks really, really bad. It actually makes me laugh how bad it looks.

I love 3 and wish they had just continued with doing a different halloween themed movie every year or 2. Michael Myers died in the second and it really should have just ended there. Every flick after with Michael was pretty bad.
I don't agree. I'm not saying it's the best mask of the series but it doesn't look as nearly as bad as you're saying it is.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:54 PM   #3448
Blastalot
BANNED

Blastalot is eating your soul

Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands, Stockholm, Sweden soon.

The first mask is simply the best.
Blastalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:02 PM   #3449
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

H4 = Great movie with a shit mask.

It's not creepy at all, it looks equally as stupid as the H5 mask. The only good masks to appear in this series are the ones from H1/H2 (same mask), H6, & RZH/RZH2 (same mask as well, just torn more).

Other than those, every other mask Michael's worn in this series has looked like a cheap one you could buy off ebay for $5.00.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:18 PM   #3450
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
First time I've ever fully agreed with you. The mask is just fucking awful & laughable. It looks like complete shit, & it's not remotely scary. The mask in the original & HII still creeps me out TO THIS DAY & I've watched each movie dozens of times. That just shows how good the mask is. Each time I see the H4 & H5 masks, I just want to laugh because of how damn horrible & cheap looking they are.

Quote:
I love part three as well, but I disagree with the rest of that sentiment. The Halloween series has been successful because of Michael, & he's the staple of this series like Jason is with the F13th series. Anytime he's taken out, there's going to be a backlash because he's the star of the movies.

But I do think they should do a better job of casting Myers.

With Nick Castle, his movements is what made Myers so damn awesome, plus he had Carpenter directing him. His performance is downright creepy, & that's why so many love it. As much of a dick as Castle is in real life, he's still got the best performance as the character to date. With Dick Warlock, he created the more robotic movements that carried over to the other performances, but he's the one that did it best.

Now, with George Wilbur, I felt like what hurt his performance the most was a terrible mask, & the addition of a hockey guard, & then in H6 the fact that he had gotten so chubby. He gave a good performance, but each time it was hindered because of different things.

Don Shanks...I tried to give him a break, & maybe he could've done better under a different & better director, but he seems like he should've been portraying Jason, & not Michael.

Chris Durand gives a good interpretation, but he's by far the most stiff of them all, which kind of detracts from his performance for me. Brad Loree, for me, gave a unique performance while having mannerisms similar to Castle's & Warlock's interpretations of the character.

I'm going to get a lot of shit for this, but I've always thought of Tyler Mane as being the second best person to put on the mask. Like Castle, he gives a uniquely creepy performance & moves fluidly rather than the robotic moves that have been associated with Michael for so long. Yes, Mane's size would be more along the lines of Voorhees, but that aside, the guy really knows how to speak with only his body language, & to me, that's commendable, because not a lot of big guys know how to do that.

All in all, as I said, there just needs to be a better job behind casting Myers. Instead of getting someone who will imitate what has been seen before, they need to get someone like Mane who's going to want to give something new to the character.

I also think they need to drop the family angle, & it seems most haven't figured out that what made the original so successful & effective is that you had a killer that escapes & randomly stalks people he has no relation to, & ultimately kills them. And it happens in the nicest town, showing that it could happen in any town...mine, your's, etc. That's what made the original effective. They need to rid Myers of the blood ties, & if anything, give him an opponent who is strong willed, fights back, & will be likable enough for fans to clamor for more of that character.

I actually did all of this with my H3D script, but I ended up including the family angle anyway, but it was more of a case of Laurie returning & grabbing Michael's attention again, as opposed to him hunting her down to "reunite" & in the script I had written, he was trying to kill her, not reunite. But, before she steps onto the scene, I had it where Michael stalks a random girl of no relation to him, with many references to the original movies of the series.

I really do wish I could've pitched the script, but I still, to this day, have a few things that would keep me from doing such. Mainly, to do so, I'd have to have a bigger name for the company to sit down & really consider it. All in all, if I ever write another script, it'll be something by a fan for the fans, & something really good that I'll do my hardest to actually get to see the light of day.

Last edited by Myerszilla; 10-27-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Myerszilla is offline   Reply With Quote