Dracula (1931) - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Classic Horror

Classic Horror From earliest Horror Classics - 1950's.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:26 PM   #11
travisbickle
Send... More... Paramedics

travisbickle is warning you, I'll put a knife right in you!

It drips atmosphere, that's the biggest thing it has going for it other than Lugosi, probably my favorite Dracula/Vampire film.

My DVD's/Blu's
travisbickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:34 AM   #12
TheMeggers
Not Dead Yet

TheMeggers has no status.

Send a message via AIM to TheMeggers

This movie is so classic. It is one of the first horror films I really remember watching and one of my all time favorites. Everything about it was just so perfect, it really stuck in your mind. Alot of people will argue that it's not a good movie because it's not "scary" but that is not what makes a movie good, they just need to indulge themselves into the roots of horror movies. I don't think you can truly call yourself a horror fan without respect for the classic films that made the genre what it is. But that's just me rambling.
I am glad someone posted this on here, I wish there was more posts about these movies around here.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:36 PM   #13
Dingo
Not Dead Yet

Dingo has no status.

Just because it's a "classic" doesn't make it good. There are a lot of good arguments in this thread, but personally I find Dracula to be the most dissapointing of the classic Universal monster flicks. Ok, besides The Mummy, that one just doesn't have anything going for it. In my opinion the first two Frankenstein films and both The Invisible Man and The Wolfman are way better movies than Dracula, beating it in both mood, cinematography and drama. Lugosi is definitely awesome, but to me he's more or less all Browning had going for him in that movie.
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:40 PM   #14
depecheanix
It... Won't... Die...

depecheanix is fgsdoi dsn dsnfm ods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
In my opinion the first two Frankenstein films and both The Invisible Man and The Wolfman are way better movies than Dracula, beating it in both mood, cinematography and drama. Lugosi is definitely awesome, but to me he's more or less all Browning had going for him in that movie.
The first part of your post was a bit sketchy. But I definitely agree with this. Infact I'd take The Invisible Man and The Wolfman over Dracula, Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:56 AM   #15
Dingo
Not Dead Yet

Dingo has no status.

I'm not sure which one I prefer, but The Invisible Man IS freakin' awesome and way underrated compared to the other films of the period...
Old 03-23-2008, 11:58 PM   #16
Bela Lugosi III
Fresh Kill

Bela Lugosi III has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to Bela Lugosi III

Quote:
Just because it's a "classic" doesn't make it good. There are a lot of good arguments in this thread, but personally I find Dracula to be the most dissapointing of the classic Universal monster flicks. Ok, besides The Mummy, that one just doesn't have anything going for it. In my opinion the first two Frankenstein films and both The Invisible Man and The Wolfman are way better movies than Dracula, beating it in both mood, cinematography and drama. Lugosi is definitely awesome, but to me he's more or less all Browning had going for him in that movie.
You can honestly say that the Wolfman was better than Dracula?! Wow. Lame.

http://www.myspace.com/manid_13
Bela Lugosi III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:59 PM   #17
Bela Lugosi III
Fresh Kill

Bela Lugosi III has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to Bela Lugosi III

Quote:
I'm not sure which one I prefer, but The Invisible Man IS freakin' awesome and way underrated compared to the other films of the period...

http://www.myspace.com/manid_13
Bela Lugosi III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:16 AM   #18
Dingo
Not Dead Yet

Dingo has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bela Lugosi III View Post
You can honestly say that the Wolfman was better than Dracula?! Wow. Lame.
I just said it...honest!
Old 03-24-2008, 11:54 AM   #19
Blake
Fresh Kill

Blake is doin' the thing!

I think the only universal monster movie that comes half way close to Dracula is Bride of Frankenstein. And I still don't think that movie is a hair on Dracula's ass.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:34 PM   #20
Biohazard
Fresh Kill

Biohazard has no status.

Default DRACULA

Hey, Blake...

I agree about "Bride"...so where can I get "The Wacky World of Dr. Morgus"....I'm from New Orleans and have never seen it...have you?

You know what scene I HATE in "Dracula"? It's when Dracula is introducing himself to Mina, Seward, Etc at the opera...Browning has Lugosi standing two steps down from Seward...making him look very short...that was really bad directing there....also...what happened to the vampire women?...still roaming around, I guess...it took me years to realize that apparantly Renfield's wine was drugged....I thought he fainted because of the bat....the sets will never be equalled, will they? Whenever I read the book I always picture that set....It's also funny that a lot of people think this takes place in the 1800s...nope...that's 1930 London we're looking at....Van Sloan is the best Van Helsing (sorry Peter Cushing)and Fry is the best Renfield....that laugh! I think Renfield has a few too many scenes, though...a little more of Lugosi would have been better....of course it took decades to find out what Renfield does to the unconcious maid on the floor....I looks like he either bites or gropes her...but the Spanish version lets us know...she had a fly on her face! I still do not like the Spanish version....the vampire women are pretty cool, though...kind of vicious-looking....
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bela lugosi, dracula, laemmle, lon chaney, universal