The Gun Owner/Aficionado Thread - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Whateverland

Whateverland The title says it all.... whatever. If it doesn't fit anywhere else post it here.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
Kenjis Ghost
I Eat Brains!

Kenjis Ghost has no status.

Default The Gun Owner/Aficionado Thread

Any members here a fan of firearms and shooting? Personally I have started like firearms more over the past couple years and am hoping to get my 1st one this year when I turn 21 I have a bigger preference for revolvers, and if I get enough money I want this type in particular:

A 357 magnum aka "The Colt Python"

Another handgun I would get if I had enough bread is a Walther PPK, James Bonds personal protection

So this is the thread to openly chat about firearms and the like. You guys have prefrences? What kinds do you own? etc....

Last edited by Kenjis Ghost; 06-07-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Kenjis Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
bastardo!
BANNED

bastardo! is .

Send a message via AIM to bastardo!

Man, I'm taking advantage of New Hampshire's lack of gun laws. A while ago, me and my brother went to the range and shot some uzis. Beautiful weapons, man.

And I also want a Desert Eagle. I've never shot one yet, but it looks perdy.

I want to own a firearms/explosives collection someday. I'll have an old cabin in the woods ripped to the tits with a galaxy of guns, knives, dynamite, rockets, machine guns, cannons, napalm, C4, automatic/semi-automatic rifles, handguns with scopes, good tunes, and good food. It will be the place to go when the world comes to an end.

Last edited by bastardo!; 06-06-2010 at 10:51 PM.
bastardo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:53 PM   #3
voodoo_dolly
Send... More... Paramedics

voodoo_dolly is Miss New Booty

Send a message via Yahoo to voodoo_dolly

I can't claim to be an fanatic but last time I went to the range you could measure my three round group shot on a nickel. I've shot an m16, m4, 50 calibur, saw, and grenade launcher. Not by choice really but bc of required training. I don't mind shooting guns at the range but with a three year old in the house I can't in good concience bring one home with me. At least not without a gun safe first.

I'm going to eat my Devonia cuntcakes first!
voodoo_dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:00 PM   #4
bastardo!
BANNED

bastardo! is .

Send a message via AIM to bastardo!

My brother is in the army, so he's also introducing me to a lot of stuff. He's into pretty much the same shit I am, only he's a year younger than me and he's taller....

He regularly uses the M16 on duty, and he's shot just about every gun you can think of, and he was up on the 50 cal and firing automatic grenade launchers while he served in Afghanistahn.

So I have much to learn.
bastardo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:12 PM   #5
undead Viking
BANNED

undead Viking is disgusted with slackers and enjoying beer to forget about it

I used to work at a rifle range long ago.

'Recommend you try different firearms at ranges to determine what works for you and what is most comfortable to you.

All my gun friends agree: the best basic home defense is a basic shotgun, as simple as a Mossberg. You cannot miss. Using a handgun or rifle for home defense may require more than one shot to bring them down. One shotgun blast and they are history, as you cannot miss.
undead Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:17 PM   #6
Coleosis
It... Won't... Die...

Coleosis is in the garage

Send a message via MSN to Coleosis

Been shooting for a long time. My uncles were both avid hunters. My brothers liked to hunt quail and my dad was a cop. So Ive been around them quite a bit in my life.

My first gun, had to sell it when times got tough. It was rob someone with the gun, or sell the gun. I chose to sell. (not actual pic, cant get into photobucket right now, but it looked exactly like this) You all might know this from call of duty MW. m1911 45 cal

My dream gun is that one from Romeo and Juliet that you can see the bullets in the clip through the grip...That thing is fucking sick. Wish I could find a pic.

Found it...

Last edited by Coleosis; 06-06-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Coleosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:40 AM   #7
Kenjis Ghost
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
I can't claim to be an fanatic but last time I went to the range you could measure my three round group shot on a nickel. I've shot an m16, m4, 50 calibur, saw, and grenade launcher. Not by choice really but bc of required training. I don't mind shooting guns at the range but with a three year old in the house I can't in good concience bring one home with me. At least not without a gun safe first.
DANG u got to shoot a saw!? What was it like for you? (like how heavy do you remember it was? Was the kickback too hard?)
Yeah you shouldnt be afraid to have a gun in ur place as long as you keep it secured or have a trigger lock.

Damn it, Bastardo I have always wanted to shoot an uzi
Old 06-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #8
GidgetGein
I Eat Brains!

GidgetGein is the Roger Ebert of metal.

My boyfriend and his family are really into guns. All of them have shot guns before, I've only done it once. I'll only shoot BB's with them now. He did just get one of these:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleosis View Post
You all might know this from call of duty MW. m1911 45 cal
It's pretty neat. He let me play around with it. Since I've met him, I've gotten more and more into guns. I enjoy shooting the BB guns with him. We're planning on shooting the real guns sometime soon.

GidgetGein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:18 PM   #9
Kenjis Ghost
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead Viking View Post
I used to work at a rifle range long ago.

'Recommend you try different firearms at ranges to determine what works for you and what is most comfortable to you.

All my gun friends agree: the best basic home defense is a basic shotgun, as simple as a Mossberg. You cannot miss. Using a handgun or rifle for home defense may require more than one shot to bring them down. One shotgun blast and they are history, as you cannot miss.
Yeah several Shotgun types are pretty cool, the shotgun is a type of weapon I would get only after I could find my two fav handguns listed before. The kinds of shotguns I like though are more of the unique badass kinds used in several films. My fav shotgun type is the Franchi Spas 12 Shotgun (which unfortunatley is a harder to find collecters item, as franchi stopped devolping them)

And my second fav type is a military shotgun like the m870

Old 06-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #10
voodoo_dolly
Send... More... Paramedics

voodoo_dolly is Miss New Booty

Send a message via Yahoo to voodoo_dolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjis Ghost View Post
DANG u got to shoot a saw!? What was it like for you? (like how heavy do you remember it was? Was the kickback too hard?)
Yeah you shouldnt be afraid to have a gun in ur place as long as you keep it secured or have a trigger lock.

Damn it, Bastardo I have always wanted to shoot an uzi

It wasn't heavy bc it was supported but you could definitly feel the kick in it especially in your shoulder.

The army really has fun shooting weapons. An average day on the range will have 10,000 rounds and anything left over at the end of the day means a free for all and sometimes the brush behind the targets will catch on fire from all the rounds hitting at once. I'd prefer to stay in the ammo hut a load magazines.

I'm going to eat my Devonia cuntcakes first!
voodoo_dolly is offline   Reply With Quote