Don't Be A Nerd Computers, Video Games, Technology... that sort of stuff

Old 02-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #141
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
I love it. I really do. It captures the feel, look, and sounds of the film perfectly! Yeah, gameplay isn't the best, but who cares. I rather it true to the Alien mythos than have great graphics and all that.

I really love it, and I think people are doing an extremely uncalled for amount of crying. It's been awhile since I've just had so much fun. And all the little fanboy moments fucking rule.
Yeah that's what makes me want it, the mythos and awesomeness of the Alien universe. I'm still going to wait a while. I'd get it on my PC and hopefully a patch or something may fix some of the clunkiness I've read about.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #142
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.

Quote:
The gameplay makes it feel like some awesome retro Arcade game. And I love that vibe. The amount of detail is just amazing, hell they even brough set designers from the film into the Developing stage to design areas of the Sulaco that were never shown on film, to help retain the looks and feel.

The fan service is breath taking. It really it, the gameplay is a tad tacky and it isn't the prettiest, but like I said, that Arcade feel rules.
Just what I'm looking for.

To be honest, I'm not a good judge of modern games and would rather get the retro arcade game feel you're referring to. I mean, it's a movie from the early 90's, so I'd rather it not look like Avatar.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #143
Yoxodo
Send... More... Paramedics

Yoxodo is STONED.

l'll just give an initial reaction since l think l'm still too early in the game to tell...So far l like it but l'm not overwhelmed. l've made it to Hadley's Hope and it seems to be a by-the-numbers FPS, only surrounded by xenomorphs from the Alien franchise instead of zombies or necromorphs. Haven't tried multiplayer yet, but l'm anticipating good things. l do love the sound effects. That seems to be the one area where this game shines. And there are certain events which seem as though they might expand on the franchise, along with numerous references to the second and third films. Oxleys spot on about the arcade feel of it, too. l'm looking forward to going inside the derelict later tonight...
Yoxodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:23 AM   #144
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
Just what I'm looking for.

To be honest, I'm not a good judge of modern games and would rather get the retro arcade game feel you're referring to. I mean, it's a movie from the early 90's, so I'd rather it not look like Avatar.
Then I'd be shocked if you didn't like it man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoxodo View Post
l'll just give an initial reaction since l think l'm still too early in the game to tell...So far l like it but l'm not overwhelmed. l've made it to Hadley's Hope and it seems to be a by-the-numbers FPS, only surrounded by xenomorphs from the Alien franchise instead of zombies or necromorphs. Haven't tried multiplayer yet, but l'm anticipating good things. l do love the sound effects. That seems to be the one area where this game shines. And there are certain events which seem as though they might expand on the franchise, along with numerous references to the second and third films. Oxleys spot on about the arcade feel of it, too. l'm looking forward to going inside the derelict later tonight...

Multiplayer rules, far better than anything COD can do. It takes a bit to get used to the Xenos but once you do it's fucking cool as.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:22 AM   #145
SlayerX
OG Salmon

SlayerX is feeding you bacon strips for your hater lips

As a MASSIVE Aliens fan... Its isnt the prettiest, it isnt solid gameplay, the story is lacking, it is overall sloppy, animations are bad, AI is bad, but honeslty Ive played much worse. This feels like a game that should have came out 5 years ago. I dont hate it and am not sure if I actually like it but the content is keeping me playing. Its the closest we will get to being in an Aliens movie and a good job was done in recreating the visuals and sounds from the film. The little details of finding Bishops lower half and stumbling upon the original Marines dog tags and weapons is a nice touch. I expected much more thought and care in the final presenation but what can you really expect when the campaign is farmed out to a half assed developer with a bad track record?

I played the first 7 chapters out of 11 yesterday and have no issues finishing it out despite its issues. This took me only 3 hours and was on the hardest difficulty so the game is incredibly short even for a FPS. Ran into a glitch where I appeared in a level in third person until I went down and then was revived into first person without holding any weapons for the remainder of the level. Bugs like that are simply unacceptable. Havent even attempted to try the mulitplayer yet.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation
SlayerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #146
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

Quote:
I love it. I really do. It captures the feel, look, and sounds of the film perfectly! Yeah, gameplay isn't the best, but who cares. I rather it true to the Alien mythos than have great graphics and all that.

I really love it, and I think people are doing an extremely uncalled for amount of crying. It's been awhile since I've just had so much fun. And all the little fanboy moments fucking rule.
There's really no excuse for sub-par graphics and gameplay in this day and age.
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #147
bloodydollface
Rotting Corpse

bloodydollface is a shithead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
There's really no excuse for sub-par graphics and gameplay in this day and age.
Not every developer puts an emphasis on graphics. If a game plays well, and is fun, that's all that should matter. Until Virtual Reality hits the masses, graphics should be the least of your concern.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #148
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerX View Post
As a MASSIVE Aliens fan... Its isnt the prettiest, it isnt solid gameplay, the story is lacking, it is overall sloppy, animations are bad.
Sounds like a winner.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #149
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodydollface View Post
Not every developer puts an emphasis on graphics. If a game plays well, and is fun, that's all that should matter. Until Virtual Reality hits the masses, graphics should be the least of your concern.
Graphics are not the most important thing I agree but this game doesn't even have good gameplay from what I have read.
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #150
bloodydollface
Rotting Corpse

bloodydollface is a shithead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
Graphics are not the most important thing I agree but this game doesn't even have good gameplay from what I have read.
Well there's good games and there's shitty games. I heard this game is shit as well. That's Gearbox for you...