Your thoughts on the new Bloody-Disgusting - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > Bloody-Disgusting.com > News and Announcements

News and Announcements Site news and happenings, if somethings going on you'll hear about it here.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:41 PM   #11
ThreeOnAMeathook
Send... More... Paramedics

ThreeOnAMeathook is the C.E.O. of Overbite Productions. Hail Satan.

Send a message via AIM to ThreeOnAMeathook Send a message via MSN to ThreeOnAMeathook

Quote:
Originally Posted by depecheanix View Post
Holy shit.

ThreeOnAMeathook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 06:44 PM   #12
horrorgirl_2
Fresh Kill

horrorgirl_2 has no status.

i think it looks cool
Old 02-03-2008, 06:46 PM   #13
crazygrusem
BANNED

crazygrusem is BANNED!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to crazygrusem Send a message via MSN to crazygrusem

Its pretty good. I would describe it as Pee-wee Herman in his prime meets Charles Barkley in his underwear.

Anyways, I like how you guys have different sections. Its pretty cute.
crazygrusem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:01 PM   #14
commandoZ
Fresh Kill

commandoZ has no status.

I dunno, I notice two things that make me go "hmmm":

1. Ads are now default anyone-can-get-em-for-their-blog Google ads versus the ads that seemed to come from more pro sources.

2. No longer part of the Crave Network (go check out www.craveonline.com)

Front page really just looks like a few things got shuffled around at the same time #1 and #2 happened.

Something you're not telling us here? Did Ryan and shocktillyoudrop.com push you guys out?

I second some of the other boardies. It's about the community here on the boards for me. The front page is either skewed reviews or stolen content from other sites. There's a reason why Entertainment Weekly called this the #1 fansite and not the best professional entertainment journalism site for fans of horror.

Really, you guys should just shut down the news portion of this site and let the boardies just hang out with each other here.

I'm here because the conversation is cool and the posters are more knowledgeable and of a higher cultural caliber than other horror sites.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:11 PM   #15
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Honestly, it reminds me of Dread Central. Not that that's a bad thing, or anything.

For what it's worth though, I thought the old BD had a much more distinguished look.

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:17 PM   #16
Dobe Dobe
BANNED

Dobe Dobe is bannedddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by killrobot View Post
did i just get boll'd?
Quote:
Originally Posted by depecheanix View Post
Worse than that... you got...

...anyway the new site looks fine.

I'll have to send some aloe vera to him. Wicked burn.
Dobe Dobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:21 PM   #17
Cophin
Rotting Corpse

Cophin has no status.

Looks cleaner. I think some rounded corners would look sexier, though.

Like the transparency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaArana2 View Post
Maybe this stems from the fact that you are a neo-nazi fuckwad? [...] Your genes are what need to be rid of from this world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyDecay View Post
Fuckin' guy's a dipshit withno morals. [...] People like that are useless and should be killed.
Cophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:26 PM   #18
killrobot
Super Mega Astro Zombie

killrobot is hey guys, big gulps huh?

Send a message via AIM to killrobot Send a message via Yahoo to killrobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by commandoZ View Post
I dunno, I notice two things that make me go "hmmm":

1. Ads are now default anyone-can-get-em-for-their-blog Google ads versus the ads that seemed to come from more pro sources.

2. No longer part of the Crave Network (go check out www.craveonline.com)

Front page really just looks like a few things got shuffled around at the same time #1 and #2 happened.

Something you're not telling us here? Did Ryan and shocktillyoudrop.com push you guys out?

I second some of the other boardies. It's about the community here on the boards for me. The front page is either skewed reviews or stolen content from other sites. There's a reason why Entertainment Weekly called this the #1 fansite and not the best professional entertainment journalism site for fans of horror.

Really, you guys should just shut down the news portion of this site and let the boardies just hang out with each other here.

I'm here because the conversation is cool and the posters are more knowledgeable and of a higher cultural caliber than other horror sites.
we have moved on to a new ad network, the google ads are defaults and once our inventory fills up you'll barely see them. we're now working with indieclick who represents other big names like deviantart, lastfm, suicidegirls, and a ton more. i can assure you, the change was 100% voluntary.

it's funny you stress that community is why your here, since we're one of the few horror sites that actually extends its community beyond the legacy with things like bdtv, user reviews, and news comments. don't like our reviews? post your own or read another users review and see how it compares to ours. obviously one persons opinion isn't any way to judge a movie and that's why we put such an focus on user reviews with the update.

none of our content is stolen, we ALWAYS give credit when due and probably break more exclusives than anyone. i really don't know where you get the idea that we steal ANYTHING, but if you're jaded about something, it's cool, you can say whatever you want here (unlike a lot of other legacy)

oh also, like you said in one of your news comments it is going to be very interesting to watch that alexa data over the next few months
Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/horror-movies
killrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:28 PM   #19
Count Dragula
I Eat Brains!

Count Dragula has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Count Dragula Send a message via MSN to Count Dragula

Quote:
Originally Posted by killrobot View Post
we have moved on to a new ad network, the google ads are defaults and once our inventory fills up you'll barely see them. we're now working with indieclick who represents other big names like deviantart, lastfm, suicidegirls, and a ton more. i can assure you, the change was 100% voluntary.

it's funny you stress that community is why your here, since we're one of the few horror sites that actually extends its community beyond the legacy with things like bdtv, user reviews, and news comments. don't like our reviews? post your own or read another users review and see how it compares to ours. obviously one persons opinion isn't any way to judge a movie and that's why we put such an focus on user reviews with the update.

none of our content is stolen, we ALWAYS give credit when due and probably break more exclusives than anyone. i really don't know where you get the idea that we steal ANYTHING, but if you're jaded about something, it's cool, you can say whatever you want here (unlike a lot of other legacy)

oh also, like you said in one of your news comments it is going to be very interesting to watch that alexa data over the next few months
PWNED!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 10:32 PM   #20
Cemetery Man
Rotting Corpse

Cemetery Man is out-o-his mind

I haven't been a member of the board that long but it looks pretty good.
Cemetery Man is offline   Reply With Quote