Metal Gear Solid series Appreciation Thread - Page 7 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Don't Be A Nerd

Don't Be A Nerd Computers, Video Games, Technology... that sort of stuff

Old 01-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #61
zaglewiz
I Eat Brains!

zaglewiz is pretty,pretty....pretty good.

Send a message via AIM to zaglewiz Send a message via Yahoo to zaglewiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post
Im putting a question in a spoiler tag for those who have played MGS 3 so it doesnt ruin the ending for those who havent played it yet.

Spoiler Below
Given that the game will confuse a lot of people who do not know its a prequel, how long did it take you on first play to realize you were playing as Biig Boss instead of Solid Snake?
I would have to say I knew right off the bat being that I've kept up with the games since the good ole NES days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodydollface View Post
Yea I'd say MGS4 is my second favorite after 3. Storyline is phenomenal again, graphics are gorgeous, controls are better, soundtrack is arguably the best of the series, and the boss battles are pretty fun. If you don't have a PS3 it's hard to justify getting one just to play one game, but if you can borrow one for a little while, I'd recommend doing so to play the 4th installment. It's really cool because the storyline meshes a lot of the old MGS with the new and it really helped me figure some stuff out. It's not exactly the most simplistic story out there. I'd for sure try to play it before Ground Zeroes comes out if you plan on picking that up.
See I wanted a PS3 right off the bat but my inlaws got me a 360 when they first came out and since then I just thought might as well go with that instead. Their are ALOT of games on the PS3 that I'd love to grab ahold of and play and I'm just waiting for another price drop before I pick one up and go through the library.
zaglewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #62
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaglewiz View Post

I'd get on that bro. You're missing out on a fantastic series of games with a fantastic storyline. The HD remakes of parts 2 and 3 shouldn't set ya back to much and makes for a few days of story driven gameplay.
Yeah I looked at that, and I couldn't work out for the life of me why they didn't include MGS1. I'd love to play through that again. I still have my PS1 somewhere.

I passed on the HD Collection because it didn't have MGS1.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #63
bloodydollface
Rotting Corpse

bloodydollface is a shithead

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
Yeah I looked at that, and I couldn't work out for the life of me why they didn't include MGS1. I'd love to play through that again. I still have my PS1 somewhere.

I passed on the HD Collection because it didn't have MGS1.
I almost passed on the HD collection myself, but I really wanted to play Peacewalker to get more of the storyline. Plus, you can't go wrong with an HD version of Snake Eater.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #64
Oxley

Quote:
I almost passed on the HD collection myself, but I really wanted to play Peacewalker to get more of the storyline. Plus, you can't go wrong with an HD version of Snake Eater.
I just can't understand why they left out MGS1. Like what the actual fuck?

Quote:
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
My little idiot..
Old 01-29-2013, 09:05 PM   #65
bloodydollface
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
I just can't understand why they left out MGS1. Like what the actual fuck?
Yea I'm not entirely sure either. Maybe because it was a first generation console game (I use this term loosely), it would've taken much more for them to make it look at least PS2/XBOX worthy. I guess only Konami knows for sure... You'd think that they would at least try to put out an HD version of MGS 1 at some point though. There has got to be a strong enough demand for it. And with current technology, one would think that it wouldn't be that much to ask for...
Old 01-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #66
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Yea I'm not entirely sure either. Maybe because it was a first generation console game (I use this term loosely), it would've taken much more for them to make it look at least PS2/XBOX worthy. I guess only Konami knows for sure... You'd think that they would at least try to put out an HD version of MGS 1 at some point though. There has got to be a strong enough demand for it. And with current technology, one would think that it wouldn't be that much to ask for...
I don't think time is the issue, it's the coding. I remember reading somewhere about why we haven't seen any PS1 HD remakes, and they said they would basically have build the entire game from the ground up, because the code is so dated, and isn't compatible with current hardware, or something like that. I don't know all the details, but I remember it being technology related, and that it wouldn't be worth the time or money.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:42 AM   #67
Oxley

Quote:
The demand for it would be ample.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I don't think time is the issue, it's the coding. I remember reading somewhere about why we haven't seen any PS1 HD remakes, and they said they would basically have build the entire game from the ground up, because the code is so dated, and isn't compatible with current hardware, or something like that. I don't know all the details, but I remember it being technology related, and that it wouldn't be worth the time or money.
I don't believe it wouldn't be worth the money, for some games anyway, MGS being one of them. There would be a hell of a lot of people willing to get it I'm sure, and if they are worried about it's market being small, I don't see why they couldn't add a few newer missions and try an online multi-player mode or something. I couldn't see them loosing money over it either way.

Quote:
Quote:
My little idiot..
Old 01-30-2013, 07:53 AM   #68
bloodydollface
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Makes sense. It's too bad to because I would gladly shell out 60 bucks or more for an MGS1 upgrade. One would think that since the popularity of Snake Eater and Guns of the Patriots, that there would be an ample supply of fans to justify a reboot, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #69
zaglewiz
I Eat Brains!

zaglewiz is pretty,pretty....pretty good.

Send a message via AIM to zaglewiz Send a message via Yahoo to zaglewiz

Quote:
Since part 3 was on PS2 and part 1 being remade was on Gamecube I honestly don't see how they couldn't have done something along those lines if you know what I mean. They were both part of the same generation with PS2, and Xbox. But then again I'm not a tech wiz so bear with me on that one. I still have have the Gamecube version but no Gamecube

Quote:
Makes sense. It's too bad to because I would gladly shell out 60 bucks or more for an MGS1 upgrade. One would think that since the popularity of Snake Eater and Guns of the Patriots, that there would be an ample supply of fans to justify a reboot, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.
Thus far they have 120 bucks waiting for em if they plan on remaking it
zaglewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #70
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaglewiz View Post
Since part 3 was on PS2 and part 1 being remade was on Gamecube I honestly don't see how they couldn't have done something along those lines if you know what I mean. They were both part of the same generation with PS2, and Xbox. But then again I'm not a tech wiz so bear with me on that one. I still have have the Gamecube version but no Gamecube
I think "Twin Snakes" has some licensing issues, that's preventing it from being ported over. I don't think Kojima, or Konami own all the rights.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote