Metal Gear Solid series Appreciation Thread - Page 6 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Don't Be A Nerd

Don't Be A Nerd Computers, Video Games, Technology... that sort of stuff

Old 01-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #51
Frey
BANNED

Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!

Send a message via Yahoo to Frey

When I was in highschool and got the first MGS I was thinking over and over in my head who Id want to play certain parts if there was a movie but I would hope if there is one they would do it right and not make it a cheesefest like most other game to movie adaptations. I too though would hope they began with Snake Eater. The game is full of epicness. Did anyone ever play around with the 2 secret ways to keep from fighting he End? One was you could kill him with the sniper rifle while he in he wheel chair and the other is during the actual fight you could save the game and change the date on your ps2 to 1 week later and when you resume the game you get a codec call telling you he died of old age. I prefered the actual fight though because it was actually my favorite one aside from the last one with The Boss. Did anyone ever sneak up on The End and get his camo? I did it once but I usually took him out quick with a sniper shot to the head. Man I miss that game.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #52
bloodydollface
Rotting Corpse

bloodydollface is a shithead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post
When I was in highschool and got the first MGS I was thinking over and over in my head who Id want to play certain parts if there was a movie but I would hope if there is one they would do it right and not make it a cheesefest like most other game to movie adaptations. I too though would hope they began with Snake Eater. The game is full of epicness. Did anyone ever play around with the 2 secret ways to keep from fighting he End? One was you could kill him with the sniper rifle while he in he wheel chair and the other is during the actual fight you could save the game and change the date on your ps2 to 1 week later and when you resume the game you get a codec call telling you he died of old age. I prefered the actual fight though because it was actually my favorite one aside from the last one with The Boss. Did anyone ever sneak up on The End and get his camo? I did it once but I usually took him out quick with a sniper shot to the head. Man I miss that game.
As for the movie, I would love David Hayter (Voice of Snake) to play Snake if it came down to it. Aside from the fact he's the "voice" of Snake, he actually kind of looks like him. It would be really cool, but I doubt it'd happen.

As for Snake Eater, I've both avoided and fought against The End. If there was no battle with "Big Boss" at the end of that game, The End would be my favorite boss battle of all the MGS games. But you just can't beat the battle between Snake and Big Boss. Nothing compares in my mind. It's just to epic. Not gunna lie, I may have a shed a tear or two.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #53
Frey
BANNED

Another great boss bale that is a personal fav of mine is with Raven in he warehouse in MGS 1. That is easily my favorite boss battle from that game especially on extreme difficulty.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #54
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodydollface View Post
As for Snake Eater, I've both avoided and fought against The End. If there was no battle with "Big Boss" at the end of that game, The End would be my favorite boss battle of all the MGS games. But you just can't beat the battle between Snake and Big Boss. Nothing compares in my mind. It's just to epic. Not gunna lie, I may have a shed a tear or two.
Emotionally, it was perfect, but I didn't care for the actual gameplay. You can just sit in the weeds, and take shots at her with a sniper rifle. Once you've got the CQC down, she's a piece of cake.

I loved and hated the battle with The End. That shit took me forever the first time through, before I learned his tricks. Very cool idea though. I just think the PS2 hardware kind of limited it a bit. I'd love to see something like that in a true open world.

My favorite boss fight, is the continuous battle with Col. Volgin. It just keep escalating, from set piece to set piece. I also really love Sniper Wolf's battle in MGS1 as well.

I won't lie. When that song hit at the end credits, I teared up a bit. So fitting. I also saw that band at a small club show in Toronto a long while back, so it was even more eerie.

Last edited by Heretic; 01-28-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #55
Frey
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Emotionally, it was perfect, but I didn't care for the actual gameplay. You can just sit in the weeds, and take shots at her with a sniper rifle. Once you've got the CQC down, she's a piece of cake.

I loved and hated the battle with The End. That shit took me forever the first time through, before I learned his tricks. Very cool idea though. I just think the PS2 hardware kind of limited it a bit. I'd love to see something like that in a true open world.

My favorite boss fight, is the continuous battle with Col. Volgin. It just keep escalating, from set piece to set piece. I also really love Sniper Wolf's battle in MGS1 as well.

I won't lie. When that song hit at the end credits, I teared up a bit. So fitting. I also saw that band at a small club show in Toronto a long while back, so it was even more eerie.
I fucking hated Volgin. If it wasnt Snake acting like he just had the fight of is life after their hand to hand fight when Volgin was a pussy, it was him and he damn tank. As for Sniper Wolf, I enjoyed her battle too. I liked the 2nd battle more and was a bit emotional during the cutscene that followed. I feel bad for Otacon considering he loses someone he loves every game he is in.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #56
oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to oxley

Absolutely love MGS1 and it's still such a great game. I've never really played any of the sequels though.

1. Rush (2013)
2. SalÚ, or the 120 Days of Sodom (1975)
3. Django Unchained (2012)
4. Eraserhead (1977)
5. The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)
6. Once Were Warriors (1994)
7. The Penalty (1920)
8. Antiviral (2012)
9. Island of Lost Souls (1932)
10. A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984) Wes Craven
oxley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #57
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
I fucking hated Volgin. If it wasnt Snake acting like he just had the fight of is life after their hand to hand fight when Volgin was a pussy, it was him and he damn tank.
Oh', I hear ya. When I was playing the game, I was fucking fuming that he kept on showing up. I let out a loud "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!" on more than one occasion. The guy just wouldn't fucking die, and when he finally got struck by lightening, I almost spiked my controller in victory.

He was a pain, but looking back, that battle was fucking epic.

Quote:
As for Sniper Wolf, I enjoyed her battle too. I liked the 2nd battle more and was a bit emotional during the cutscene that followed. I feel bad for Otacon considering he loses someone he loves every game he is in.
I always laugh when he cries. It's so overdramatic.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:38 AM   #58
zaglewiz
I Eat Brains!

zaglewiz is pretty,pretty....pretty good.

Send a message via AIM to zaglewiz Send a message via Yahoo to zaglewiz

Quote:
Hell yeah I did that to The End on the ps2 version, both ways. However my play through on the 360 I just went straight through it and shelved it. I got all the camo in the ps2 version and lacked maybe 2 or 3 in the HD version. All in all I just wanted to play through the HD version just to relive one of my favorite games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodydollface View Post
As for the movie, I would love David Hayter (Voice of Snake) to play Snake if it came down to it. Aside from the fact he's the "voice" of Snake, he actually kind of looks like him. It would be really cool, but I doubt it'd happen.

The Boss would have to be my favorite boss fight of the Metal Gear series as well. I've yet to play MGS4 being that I don't wanna buy a PS3 until the newer generation comes out and get it at a discounted price to play some of the games I wanted to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post

Check out the HD remakes Herectic. Its well worth the 40 buck price tag and the 3rd person camera angle "which you can switch back to the original overhead view" makes the game ALOT better and easier to control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
Absolutely love MGS1 and it's still such a great game. I've never really played any of the sequels though.
I'd get on that bro. You're missing out on a fantastic series of games with a fantastic storyline. The HD remakes of parts 2 and 3 shouldn't set ya back to much and makes for a few days of story driven gameplay.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by zaglewiz; 01-29-2013 at 05:44 AM.
zaglewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:02 AM   #59
Frey
BANNED

Im putting a question in a spoiler tag for those who have played MGS 3 so it doesnt ruin the ending for those who havent played it yet.

Spoiler Below
Given that the game will confuse a lot of people who do not know its a prequel, how long did it take you on first play to realize you were playing as Biig Boss instead of Solid Snake?
Old 01-29-2013, 07:23 AM   #60
bloodydollface
Rotting Corpse

bloodydollface is a shithead

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaglewiz View Post
The Boss would have to be my favorite boss fight of the Metal Gear series as well. I've yet to play MGS4 being that I don't wanna buy a PS3 until the newer generation comes out and get it at a discounted price to play some of the games I wanted to play.
Yea I'd say MGS4 is my second favorite after 3. Storyline is phenomenal again, graphics are gorgeous, controls are better, soundtrack is arguably the best of the series, and the boss battles are pretty fun. If you don't have a PS3 it's hard to justify getting one just to play one game, but if you can borrow one for a little while, I'd recommend doing so to play the 4th installment. It's really cool because the storyline meshes a lot of the old MGS with the new and it really helped me figure some stuff out. It's not exactly the most simplistic story out there. I'd for sure try to play it before Ground Zeroes comes out if you plan on picking that up.