Ultimate Friday the 13th Thread - Page 842 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 12-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #8411
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

"Friday The 13th Part 3".....Another cool sequel with some great kills,awesome suspense, gritty/grainy camerawork, and thrilling chase scenes. Only thing here..is that the cast is weak and mediocre as hell!! But that is what happens with alot of the earlier slasher films. Plus the gruesome deaths,suspense, and chase scenes make up for the horrible acting. Dana Kimmell is a doll..and her acting is just "ok" in most of her scenes. Paul Kratka as "Rick" was just plain horrible. Nice body though and package!! Jason finds his famous hockey mask in this sequel so thats a great bonus. The whole barn climax scene with Jason,Chris, and the biker is great to watch too. A solid slasher!!

8/10
Old 12-09-2012, 01:52 AM   #8412
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

"Friday The 13th part 4: The Final Chapter".....I think this is the best entry in the series. It should have been the FINAL one too..just like the title says. Love the opening of the movie with the review of the previous 3 parts. Part 4 had a terrific group of different characters and a strong group of actors. Kimberly Beck delivers an engaging and thrilling performance as "Trish". One of my alltime fave characters in the whole series. Her ending scenes with the chasing and confrontation of Jason is sensational. All the emotion and fear Beck displayed was top notch!! Corey Feldman is awesome as the popular "Tommy". E. Erich Anderson as "Rob" was top notch too. What a handsome smoldering hunk of a man!! Love his character..and I felt so sorry for him. Notable mentions to other cast members...Crispen Glover.....Barbara Howard as "Sara"..and the lady that plays Mrs.Jarvis (Joan Freeman). Like I said...the whole cast is VERY strong...the best in the series. Alot of the murder scenes are so gory,brutal, and shocking. Love it!! Tom Savini did a great job once again with the makeup effects. Loved the meat cleaver to Jimmy's face and the killing of Jason with the machete. Ted White's portrayal as "Jason" is also wonderful and find his portrayal to be one of the most memorable and possibly the best. Suspense, awesome lighting, wonderful cinematography, suspenseful and moody atmosphere, some romance, great music score, and awesome gore all highlight the movie. Part 4 is absolutely great and has the last top rating in the series for me!!

10/10
Old 12-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #8413
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

RomeroCarpenter Fan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
"Friday The 13th part 4: The Final Chapter".....I think this is the best entry in the series. It should have been the FINAL one too..just like the title says. Love the opening of the movie with the review of the previous 3 parts. Part 4 had a terrific group of different characters and a strong group of actors. Kimberly Beck delivers an engaging and thrilling performance as "Trish". One of my alltime fave characters in the whole series. Her ending scenes with the chasing and confrontation of Jason is sensational. All the emotion and fear Beck displayed was top notch!! Corey Feldman is awesome as the popular "Tommy". E. Erich Anderson as "Rob" was top notch too. What a handsome smoldering hunk of a man!! Love his character..and I felt so sorry for him. Notable mentions to other cast members...Crispen Glover.....Barbara Howard as "Sara"..and the lady that plays Mrs.Jarvis (Joan Freeman). Like I said...the whole cast is VERY strong...the best in the series. Alot of the murder scenes are so gory,brutal, and shocking. Love it!! Tom Savini did a great job once again with the makeup effects. Loved the meat cleaver to Jimmy's face and the killing of Jason with the machete. Ted White's portrayal as "Jason" is also wonderful and find his portrayal to be one of the most memorable and possibly the best. Suspense, awesome lighting, wonderful cinematography, suspenseful and moody atmosphere, some romance, great music score, and awesome gore all highlight the movie. Part 4 is absolutely great and has the last top rating in the series for me!!

10/10
like the original dawn of the dead, this is a party movie. the best in the series.

(10/10)
RomeroCarpenter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #8414
JCU
Fresh Kill

JCU has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
Loved the meat cleaver to Jimmy's face and the killing of Jason with the machete.
Jason falling onto the machete is one of the most disturbing scenes from any horror film in the past thirty years. While it might seem tame nowadays, it still has that feel about it.
JCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #8415
Sykopath
The Last Son

Sykopath is doing nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCU View Post
Jason falling onto the machete is one of the most disturbing scenes from any horror film in the past thirty years.

I don't know...I've seen some pretty disturbing scenes. haha
Sykopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #8416
Klown
Super Moderator

Klown has no status.

R.I.P. Danny Steinmann

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/622...anny-steinmann

Blu-ray / DVD Collection | Horror Etc. Podcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
Thank God for Jeff Goldblum
Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #8417
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

"Friday The 13th Part 5 : A New Beginning"......We now come to the most underrated film in the series. While I think they should have stopped the series at #4...I think Parts 5 and 6 are great sequels too. Part 5 is a damn fine slasher film with a HUGE body count (about 20 deaths I think). The dark humor laced throughout the movie is awesome....along with some of the most charismatic characters in the series. I get such a kick out of "Ethel". Man..that woman was nasty and vulgar!! LOL....I love it!! "Eat ur fucking slop". Nice cameo appearance by Corey Feldman as the original "Tommy" at the beginning of the flick. I also thought hunky John Shepard was "Ok" as the teenager Tommy. Shavar Ross as "Reggie" was also a hoot to watch. I liked the character of "Pam" played by Melanie Kinnaman. She did some damn fine screams. Some of the best I heard in a horror movie. Last but not least the tall and handsome Richard Young as "Matt". HHmm...now thats a majorly hot "big daddy"!! LOL!! Part 5 also had some of the most brutal and shocking kills in the series. A solid entry!!

8/10
Old 12-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #8418
Sykopath
The Last Son

Sykopath is doing nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown View Post
R.I.P

Haven't seen any of his work other than A New Beginning, but that was my first Jason flick. It's sad to see him go.
Sykopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #8419
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

"Friday The 13th part 6: Jason Lives".....Another solid entry in the franchise that is just as great as Parts 1 and 4. Jason is zombified in this one..which I like. The kills are great. Girls face crushed into a wall...guy snapped in half.....a head twisted off...etc!! C.J Graham who plays "Jason" did a great job. What a HUGE man. Holy shit!! Terrific performance by David Kagen who plays the sheriff. He was the strongest actor out of the cast..and possibly the best actor out of the whole entire series. The lovely Jennifer Cooke was good ..as was Thom Matthews as "Tommy". Pretty girls, hot and handsome guys, great music score, scary/spooky atmosphere...and a pretty good body count make Part 6 a hit!! Also great cinematography and direction!!

9.5/10
Old 12-31-2012, 09:47 PM   #8420
travisbickle
I Eat Brains!

travisbickle is warning you, I'll put a knife right in you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown View Post
That sucks! Part 5 is the most underrated film in the series.

R.I.P.

My DVD's/Blu's
travisbickle is offline   Reply With Quote