Ultimate Friday the 13th Thread - Page 796 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 03-18-2011, 12:46 AM   #7951
indecent actions
I Eat Brains!

indecent actions is getting the poison out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post
I'd class Dash, Brooker, White, & Mears above Graham. CJ was intimidating, but I still find a running & more human Jason scarier & more frightening than a slow, walking, methodical undead Jason.
CJ didn't run, but he did walk really fast. And he just had this power that none of the Jason's showed.

Is he going to lose both bones?
indecent actions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:51 AM   #7952
myersfan 78
It... Won't... Die...

myersfan 78 is RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!

They're all good but I think Brooker was the creepiest Jason.The way he just kept his arms still and stared.

Dr.Loomis:"Does anybody live here?"
Sheriff Brackett:"No,not since 1963 when it happened-every kid in Haddonfield thinks this place is haunted."
Dr.Loomis:"THEY MAY BE RIGHT."
myersfan 78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:46 AM   #7953
Nightmare
The Living Dead

Nightmare is groovy.

I think Mears is my favorite, kinda sucks he's in one of my least favorite movies. Had he been behind the mask in an entry as quality as 3D, The Final Chapter, or Jason Lives I think he'd be more people's favorite as well.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:58 AM   #7954
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Not sure if you noticed, but Mears has already become a fan favorite, even from F13th fans who utterly despise the reboot. He was unequivocally the most discussed thing about the movie after it's release from what I saw with my own eyes. I remember traveling from message board to message board, from horror site to horror site, & everyone praised his performance.

Hell, I've yet to see anyone place him lower than fourth on their list, & I've also yet to hear anyone object to him returning to the role either.

Last edited by Myerszilla; 03-19-2011 at 03:01 AM.
Myerszilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:04 AM   #7955
Nightmare
The Living Dead

Nightmare is groovy.

Quote:
Not sure if you noticed, but Mears has already become a fan favorite, even from F13th fans who utterly despise the reboot. He was unequivocally the most discussed thing about the movie after it's release from what I saw with my own eyes. I remember traveling from message board to message board, from horror site to horror site, & everyone praised his performance.

Hell, I've yet to see anyone place him lower than fourth on their list, & I've also yet to hear anyone object to him returning to the role either.
Did you not read my post? I didn't say people didn't like him as Jason, I said he's hardly anyone's absolute favorite Jason and that had he been in a better installment more fans would put him at the very top of their list.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:05 AM   #7956
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:

I'll be that guy.

Didn't think much of his performance at all.

Give me the first six Jasons anyday.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:22 AM   #7957
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Did you not read my post? I didn't say people didn't like him as Jason, I said he's hardly anyone's absolute favorite Jason and that had he been in a better installment more fans would put him at the very top of their list.
And you'd still be wrong, because I've ran across a hell of a lot of fans who have placed him at the very top of their list. You're generalizing right now, so unless you've been elected to speak for every F13th then your comment really holds no merit.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:45 AM   #7958
Nightmare
The Living Dead

Nightmare is groovy.

Quote:
And you'd still be wrong, because I've ran across a hell of a lot of fans who have placed him at the very top of their list. You're generalizing right now, so unless you've been elected to speak for every F13th then your comment really holds no merit.
Anyone who says he is their favorite is in the minority. My comment holds plenty of merit, did you not notice that when everyone was talking about their favorite Jason I was the only one to bring Mears up? I rest my case.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:20 PM   #7959
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

This is one site, so you still cannot generalize. If you mean he's in the minority here, then that would be more accurate. But if you're referring to in general, then once again, stop generalizing.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #7960
The Geek
Schlock King

The Geek is a monster turd

Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Anyone who says he is their favorite is in the minority. My comment holds plenty of merit, did you not notice that when everyone was talking about their favorite Jason I was the only one to bring Mears up? I rest my case.
I love Mears. I wouldn't place him above Dash, Brooker, White or Graham but he did a fantastic job.

The problem is, like you said, he was in a F13th film that was disliked by a large number of fans. If he was in a great F13th film I think fans would consider him one of the absolute best.

I really like the reboot but I understand where the criticism comes from for it.

Bow to your King

B-Movie Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
I have a master's degree in sucking dicks.
The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote