The Invisible Man (1933) - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Classic Horror

Classic Horror From earliest Horror Classics - 1950's.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:12 PM   #11
superfry
Big Poppa

superfry is wanting a monkey to avenge his death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by depecheanix View Post
Yeah I've always liked him, he's a really smart guy too. I absolutely hated his short 'Homecoming' though.
Bah! It was decent.

Quote:
I'll probably check out that BBC series. As for Hollowman, I was really surprised to see that even though The Invisible Man is a much shorter movie it deals with so much more of the problems that would arise if you were invisible. Hollow Man was just yet another slasher unfortunatly.
You're right.

Quote:
Imdb has a remake slated for 2010. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1051906/
UGH! Probably end up with some stupid former music video director with no idea of what made the original so great at the helm too.
superfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:28 PM   #12
The Vault of Horror
Fresh Kill

The Vault of Horror has no status.

Send a message via AIM to The Vault of Horror Send a message via Yahoo to The Vault of Horror Send a message via Skype™ to The Vault of Horror

This is an outstanding film, very underrated among the Universal pics. Well-acted with a wicked sense of humor throughout. And the special effects are amazing. Incidentally, if you're doing an essay on Universal horror, I just finished an essay on my blog a few days ago on this era of horror films. Click on my signature link if you think it might help you. It's the last post on the main page.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:07 PM   #13
Malfeitor
Rotting Corpse

Malfeitor is Darkness

I agree w/ TVoH, outstanding Universal Horror film. It was one of the first attempts at special effects, by Universal anyways. They talk a little about about that very subject on the Invivible Man Legacy Collection. Claude Raines, who you may also know The Wolfman's dad in Universal's other monster movie, did an incredible job potraying how the invisilbity power drove him insane, really superb acting preformance.
Malfeitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 02:11 PM   #14
Mørk Vind
Fresh Kill

Mørk Vind is Extremely Rotten

Send a message via MSN to Mørk Vind

I have it at home and I think I`m going to watch it now...

Old 12-22-2007, 02:11 PM   #15
depecheanix
It... Won't... Die...

depecheanix is fgsdoi dsn dsnfm ods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfeitor View Post
Claude Raines, who you may also know The Wolfman's dad in Universal's other monster movie, did an incredible job potraying how the invisilbity power drove him insane, really superb acting preformance.
"We'll start with a few murders. Big men, little men - just to show we make no distinction! "

I agree, it was a great performance.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:25 PM   #16
The Vault of Horror
Fresh Kill

Send a message via AIM to The Vault of Horror Send a message via Yahoo to The Vault of Horror Send a message via Skype™ to The Vault of Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by depecheanix View Post
"We'll start with a few murders. Big men, little men - just to show we make no distinction! "

I agree, it was a great performance.
Claude Rains was a master. I was always surprised Universal was able to land a mainstream star like him to be in two of their horror pics. After all, he would go on to do movies like Casablanca with Bogart and Mr. Sceffington with Bette Davis.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:38 PM   #17
superfry
Big Poppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vault of Horror View Post
Claude Rains was a master. I was always surprised Universal was able to land a mainstream star like him to be in two of their horror pics. After all, he would go on to do movies like Casablanca with Bogart and Mr. Sceffington with Bette Davis.
He wasn't very well known at the time TIM was made.

Actually he was in 3 Universal Horrors (WOLF MAN, INVISIBLE MAN, PHANTOM OF THE OPERA).
Old 12-28-2007, 05:43 PM   #18
The Vault of Horror
Fresh Kill

Ah yes, can't forget Universal's Phantom remake with sound! And I kinda figured that was the explanation, Superfry--thanks. Just another actor who got "too big" for horror movies, I guess lol...
Old 12-28-2007, 05:51 PM   #19
superfry
Big Poppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vault of Horror View Post
Ah yes, can't forget Universal's Phantom remake with sound! And I kinda figured that was the explanation, Superfry--thanks. Just another actor who got "too big" for horror movies, I guess lol...
I think TIM was like his 3rd or 4th film.

As mainly a character actor, he had a bit more freedom to run the gamut of different roles in different types of films.

But then again, guys like Lionel Atwill, J. Carroll Naish, George Zucco, etc. never got so lucky.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #20
Sam Fisher
Rotting Corpse

Sam Fisher has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfeitor View Post
I agree w/ TVoH, outstanding Universal Horror film. It was one of the first attempts at special effects, by Universal anyways. They talk a little about about that very subject on the Invivible Man Legacy Collection. Claude Raines, who you may also know The Wolfman's dad in Universal's other monster movie, did an incredible job potraying how the invisilbity power drove him insane, really superb acting preformance.
When I was around 5 or 6, I used to laugh myself silly at the scenes where his pants and shirt were running around the table with the Keystone cop-like British Bobbies chasing the Invisible Man. And you had the part where his pants were chasing the lady as she was walking across the bridge.

Despite the unintentional humor and the lavish stereotyping of Cockney accented, clueless British pub patrons and walrus-mustached British police officers, the underlying story is very dark and grim, and Raines' portrayal of a man gone mad was truly second to none for it's day. He was a great actor!