The All Purpose Football (Soccer) Thread - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 08-23-2005, 11:55 AM   #1
Oats
Not Dead Yet

Oats has no status.

Default The All Purpose Football (Soccer) Thread

Listen, I don't know the hard and fast rules about being a newb. So if I had to hit a certain post count and such and such before I was "allowed" to make a new thread then apologies. However, I don't see a thread dedicated to footie so I figured I would make one. This covers everything that's happening in general in the footballing World (news, scores, transfers, rumors, etc.)
Old 08-23-2005, 03:03 PM   #2
Severn
It... Won't... Die...

Severn is thinking he would go back in time and nail Deborah Harry.

Send a message via AIM to Severn Send a message via MSN to Severn Send a message via Yahoo to Severn

What do you brits think of this...

Maradona owns up to controversial ``Hand of God'' goal against England in 1986 World Cup

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) - Diego Maradona acknowledged that he struck the ball with his hand in the famous "Hand of God" goal against England in the 1986 World Cup quarterfinals.

Speaking on his local television talk show Monday night, Maradona called one of soccer's most controversial goals "something that just came out of me. It was a bit of mischief."

Maradona appeared to punch the ball into the net, and officials allowed the goal to stand despite protests by the English team. Argentina went on to win the 1986 quarterfinal match 2-1 and then win the World Cup.

In his most detailed comments yet, Maradona said he was unable to reach the ball for a header when he went up against the taller English goalkeeper, Peter Shilton.

Shilton "was very tall. He didn't see anything, and a teammate told him" afterward what happened, said Maradona.

After the score, Maradona said he quickly realized the line referee had allowed the goal but none of his teammates had rushed to celebrate with him - themselves figuring the goal would be waved off.

"I was waiting for my teammates to embrace me and no one came," said Maradona, who was the team captain. "I told them, 'Come hug me or the referee isn't going to allow it."'

In his 20-year career before retiring in 1997, Maradona starred at Argentinos Juniors and Boca Juniors and in Europe. He also led Argentina to the 1990 World Cup final and won Italian and Argentine league titles.

In 1991, Maradona failed a drug test and was banned for 15 months. Nine years later, FIFA chose him and Pele as the best players in soccer history.

Recently, he was appointed vice president of Boca Juniors. And with his new TV show, Maradona, 45, has returned to the limelight after years of dealing with cocaine addiction and health problems.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

- Frankenstein's Monster.
Severn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 03:31 PM   #3
SCREAMIDGE
I Eat Brains!

SCREAMIDGE is is watching Sons of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severn
What do you brits think of this...

Maradona owns up to controversial ``Hand of God'' goal against England in 1986 World Cup

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) - Diego Maradona acknowledged that he struck the ball with his hand in the famous "Hand of God" goal against England in the 1986 World Cup quarterfinals.

Speaking on his local television talk show Monday night, Maradona called one of soccer's most controversial goals "something that just came out of me. It was a bit of mischief."

Maradona appeared to punch the ball into the net, and officials allowed the goal to stand despite protests by the English team. Argentina went on to win the 1986 quarterfinal match 2-1 and then win the World Cup.

In his most detailed comments yet, Maradona said he was unable to reach the ball for a header when he went up against the taller English goalkeeper, Peter Shilton.

Shilton "was very tall. He didn't see anything, and a teammate told him" afterward what happened, said Maradona.

After the score, Maradona said he quickly realized the line referee had allowed the goal but none of his teammates had rushed to celebrate with him - themselves figuring the goal would be waved off.

"I was waiting for my teammates to embrace me and no one came," said Maradona, who was the team captain. "I told them, 'Come hug me or the referee isn't going to allow it."'

In his 20-year career before retiring in 1997, Maradona starred at Argentinos Juniors and Boca Juniors and in Europe. He also led Argentina to the 1990 World Cup final and won Italian and Argentine league titles.

In 1991, Maradona failed a drug test and was banned for 15 months. Nine years later, FIFA chose him and Pele as the best players in soccer history.

Recently, he was appointed vice president of Boca Juniors. And with his new TV show, Maradona, 45, has returned to the limelight after years of dealing with cocaine addiction and health problems.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service
Yea he may have apologized but it still doesn't change the fact he cheated us
Old 08-25-2005, 08:26 AM   #4
Oats
Not Dead Yet

Oats has no status.

Newcastle made a serious offer for Owen which RM accepted. Now it's up to Owen and his agent to accept. Now that Owen for some inexplicable reason is 5th in the pecking order at RM he would most likely come over back to the Premiership. Thank god Ferguson didn't pick him up, last thing we need is ANOTHER striker
Old 08-25-2005, 08:28 AM   #5
SCREAMIDGE
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oats
Newcastle made a serious offer for Owen which RM accepted. Now it's up to Owen and his agent to accept. Now that Owen for some inexplicable reason is 5th in the pecking order at RM he would most likely come over back to the Premiership. Thank god Ferguson didn't pick him up, last thing we need is ANOTHER striker
i Dont think he will go newcastle i reckon i will be a last ditch bid by liverpool, also i think that is where he belongs, i would have loved him upfront with jermaine defoe at the spurs but i dont think that will happen

C,mon the yids for saturday
Old 08-25-2005, 08:36 AM   #6
Oats
Not Dead Yet

Oats has no status.

I don't know... sure the scouses want Owen back to Liverpool, and why not? He's a great striker, but something tells me that he will go to Newcastle for two reasons. 1.) After Shearer leaves he will no doubt be top dog there and that's ego boosting in and of itself. Look at Gerrard, I think he's the most egotistical son of a bitch in the EPL. 2.) Lack of Euro competition this year. Now, alot of people may say "well Owen would want Euro competion" maybe not necessarily this year. Sure he wants first team action, but perhaps he wouldn't want to overtax himself before the World Cup? Those are my thoughts, of course I could be wrong anyhow...
Old 08-25-2005, 02:08 PM   #7
Rich_Dude76
I Eat Brains!

Rich_Dude76 has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Rich_Dude76 Send a message via MSN to Rich_Dude76

Rumour has it that one of the main factors in Owens transfer to Spain was :

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews...name_page.html

But thats all `history` now. *shrugs*

I`d love for Owen to return to Merseyside with Liverpool.
He`s red through and through (despite his Welsh origins)...
Newcastle are going nowhere fast...they`ve been like that for some time.
If Souness believes Owen will sign a contract with Newcastle...
he`s living in cloud cuckoo land.
Souness should be thankful he could recruit Owen on a season long loan...
and not piss and moan about shit...as he always fucking does.

I`m not a big fan of Souness...or Mark Hughes either (as managers).

.................................................. ..................................................... ...............

Rich_Dude76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:08 PM   #8
Oats
Not Dead Yet

Oats has no status.

Well, the Scouses beat Moscow due to a handball assisted Cisse goal in the 82nd min.

I think i'll go vomit now
Old 08-31-2005, 02:03 AM   #9
SCREAMIDGE
I Eat Brains!

Jermaine Jenas completes move to Spurs for 8million
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ur/4199802.stm
, also Newcastle have unveiled the transfer of Michael Owen today for a club record 16 million as the Transfer Deadline Looms !

Also anyone in the uk who wants to be a part of our Fantasy league do it today we need more people
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/viewtopic.php?[img][/img]
Old 08-31-2005, 12:33 PM   #10
Rich_Dude76
I Eat Brains!

Rich_Dude76 has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Rich_Dude76 Send a message via MSN to Rich_Dude76

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMIDGE
Jermaine Jenas completes move to Spurs for 8million
Thats a fantastic coup for Spurs...i tipped Spurs this season for a top six finish at least.
It`s looking more and more likely with Jenas on board too.
Funny how when Viera was sold...Newcastle were demandng at least the value of Viera...
plus part exchange for an Arsenal player when Arsenal enquired about Jenas.
Milking bastards...but who can blame them i guess.
Anyways...Tottenham have a real bargain there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMIDGE
Newcastle have unveiled the transfer of Michael Owen today for a club record 16 million as the Transfer Deadline Looms !
I could`nt believe it when he signed for 4 years without even a get-out clause.
Either Benitez personally does not like Owen...or money talks.
I`d say a bit of both...lol.

Well whatever...big story of the day is :

Bakke`s gone to villa on loan!!!...lol.
I`m glad to get the sicknote off Leeds` wage bill...
but receiving a fee for him and having him completely off our books would`ve been much better.

.................................................. ..................................................... ...............

Rich_Dude76 is offline   Reply With Quote