The Dillinger Escape Plan - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Music Discussion

Music Discussion Wow that new Britney Track Rules! Talk about that (and other music stuff) here.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:41 PM   #11
SplitBreast
It... Won't... Die...

SplitBreast has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noose_and_nail View Post
I wouldn't say that I'm disappointed by the new DEP album, but it definately doesn't measure up to their previous release (Miss Machine). One thing that really bothers me about this album, though, is the seemingly excessive amount of "filler" that it has.

There's plenty of meaty songs here, regardless, and I'll definately be picking this one up once it comes out. "Black Bubblegum" is so goddamn catchy.
This guy has it right. It's the filler that kills me. The rest of the album is quite good and has really grown on me in a short time.

This ends their streak of getting better with every album. At least we didn't have to wait 6 years between full length albums this time.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:54 AM   #12
active_enemy
Rotting Corpse

active_enemy is finally back.

Send a message via MSN to active_enemy

Brent Hinds (from Mastodon) and Dimitri Minakakis (original DEP singer) guest on 2 songs!
active_enemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:57 PM   #13
SIRxxxTMG
Not Dead Yet

SIRxxxTMG has no status.

Never have I liked an album so much since Calculating Infinity. Also, Miss Machine was DEP's worst album and this is easily better.
SIRxxxTMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:27 PM   #14
noose_and_nail
Not Dead Yet

noose_and_nail is eating a baby.

Send a message via AIM to noose_and_nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRxxxTMG View Post
Never have I liked an album so much since Calculating Infinity. Also, Miss Machine was DEP's worst album and this is easily better.
So how is an album that's one-third filler "easily" better than Miss Machine?

I don't understand why everyone think that DEP's original singer was so great. Calculating Infinity was a pretty good album, but I guess I'm just to slow to "understand" it's many layers and screaming which had absolutely NO range, whatsoever.
noose_and_nail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:24 PM   #15
active_enemy
Rotting Corpse

active_enemy is finally back.

Send a message via MSN to active_enemy

Quote:

I don't understand why everyone think that DEP's original singer was so great. Calculating Infinity was a pretty good album, but I guess I'm just to slow to "understand" it's many layers and screaming which had absolutely NO range, whatsoever.
Irony Is A Dead Scene EP still never ceases to amaze me!!! I wish Mike Patton had made his work with DEP more permanent.
active_enemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:59 PM   #16
deadhead33
Rotting Corpse

deadhead33 has no status.

Send a message via AIM to deadhead33

Quote:
Originally Posted by active_enemy View Post
I wish Mike Patton had made his work with DEP more permanent.
I like Dillinger but no...

Mike Patton has moved on to better things (Fantomas/Kaada/Tomahawk).
Old 11-09-2007, 10:22 PM   #17
Teddy T
Fresh Kill

Teddy T has no status.

I've had Ire Works for a week now. I think it's a great album. It's pretty diverse but that's not a bad thing imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by active_enemy View Post
Irony Is A Dead Scene EP still never ceases to amaze me!!! I wish Mike Patton had made his work with DEP more permanent.
Best thing Dillinger has recorded. When Good Dogs Do Bad Things is one of my favourite songs ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead33
Mike Patton has moved on to better things (Fantomas/Kaada/Tomahawk).
He recorded stuff with Fantomas and Tomahawk before Irony is a Dead Scene came out. I wouldn't say he has moved onto better things because of how good Mr Bungle were but Patton keeps putting out great albums with whatever projects he has going.
Teddy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:00 PM   #18
SIRxxxTMG
Not Dead Yet

SIRxxxTMG has no status.

Quote:

One-third filler? Are you referring to songs like 'When Acting As A Particle'? Because older fans may argue that songs like this dont belong on a Dillinger album, but its apparent they've been taking a different direction since Irony. And I still find Calculating Infnity their best album due to the stunning musicianship, its delves into absolute chaos more times worth mentioning.
SIRxxxTMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:33 PM   #19
deadhead33
Rotting Corpse

deadhead33 has no status.

Send a message via AIM to deadhead33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy T View Post
I've had Ire Works for a week now. I think it's a great album. It's pretty diverse but that's not a bad thing imo.

Best thing Dillinger has recorded. When Good Dogs Do Bad Things is one of my favourite songs ever.

He recorded stuff with Fantomas and Tomahawk before Irony is a Dead Scene came out. I wouldn't say he has moved onto better things because of how good Mr Bungle were but Patton keeps putting out great albums with whatever projects he has going.
No, I was just reacting to the comment of Patton being more permanent in Dillinger to which I said no. I love the album and think it was an awesome collaboration but I think it was better to just be one album and its good that he is continuing to do different projects other than just staying in one band.

^Crazy run on sentence.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:44 PM   #20
Teddy T
Fresh Kill

Teddy T has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead33 View Post
No, I was just reacting to the comment of Patton being more permanent in Dillinger to which I said no. I love the album and think it was an awesome collaboration but I think it was better to just be one album and its good that he is continuing to do different projects other than just staying in one band.

^Crazy run on sentence.
My bad. I agree with what you're saying about Patton. It's cool that he can go off and do all his projects now, even if he releases something I'm not crazy about his next one isn't very far off.
Teddy T is offline   Reply With Quote