Cutting Class (1989) - Page 4 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Golden Age

Golden Age Horror movies from the 1960's - 1980's.

Old 12-25-2007, 02:42 AM   #31
101ant101
Rotting Corpse

101ant101 has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyDemented View Post
Not to mention that it's an overweight gym teacher who gets impaled instead of a half-naked cheerleader.
oh yeah. well done for Remembering.

101ant101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #32
pixie06
Fresh Kill

pixie06 is a sicko

Yeah this one sucked
pixie06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #33
Mogwai
BANNED

Mogwai is three sheets to the wind.

I really enjoy this film - my girlfriend at the time bought it for me as she knew I loved horror and we settled down to watch it, me fully expecting it to be shit but, to her credit, it turned out fucking nice.
For a late eighties slasher film starring brad (vomit on my cock) Pitt it's a pretty fucking decent little slasher.
It's not a serious film, but it works well as a parody and succeeds where such crap as Splatter University, Wacko et al so miserably failed.
It's an intellect-free ninety minutes, turn up your telly, drink a sixpack or smoke a bowl and have fun.
7/10.
Mogwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #34
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

"Cutting Class"....This 1988 slasher/comedy is pretty damn cheesy, but I like it. There are a few good kills(the gym teacher, math teacher, "Brian") and horror movie vet Jill Schoelen is good enough to get through the movie. However her male leads Brad Pitt and Donovan Leitch are both piss poor!! The storyline is actually good(if u can get pass some mediocre dialogue and dumb/failed comedic moments) and the showdown in the metal shop at the end is awesome.

5/10
Old 11-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #35
Mogwai
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
"Cutting Class"....This 1988 slasher/comedy is pretty damn cheesy, but I like it. There are a few good kills(the gym teacher, math teacher, "Brian") and horror movie vet Jill Schoelen is good enough to get through the movie. However her male leads Brad Pitt and Donovan Leitch are both piss poor!! The storyline is actually good(if u can get pass some mediocre dialogue and dumb/failed comedic moments) and the showdown in the metal shop at the end is awesome.

5/10
Yeah, it's a guilty pleasure of mine too. It works rather well as a mild parody of the slasher genre, free from the typical 'Airplane' style gags that sink most horror comedies and slasher spoofs. Leave your brain at the door as you won't be needing it as it's a spot on perfect crate-of-lager-type-film.

You'll need it too because, not to give away any spoilers, but the killer is exactly who you first suspect. It's as stupid and predictable as Raimi's 'Intruder' but, just like 'Intruder' there's a lot of fun to be had here. Get shitfaced, climb the walls, spin around in a circle going "WEEEEEEEEEEE" for all I care but do it while watching Cutting Class. It's fucking class.
7/10

Last edited by Mogwai; 11-10-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:00 AM   #36
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
Yeah, it's a guilty pleasure of mine too. It works rather well as a mild parody of the slasher genre, free from the typical 'Airplane' style gags that sink most horror comedies and slasher spoofs. Leave your brain at the door as you won't be needing it as it's a spot on perfect crate-of-lager-type-film.

You'll need it too because, not to give away any spoilers, but the killer is exactly who you first suspect. It's as stupid and predictable as Raimi's 'Intruder' but, just like 'Intruder' there's a lot of fun to be had here. Get shitfaced, climb the walls, spin around in a circle going "WEEEEEEEEEEE" for all I care but do it while watching Cutting Class. It's fucking class.
7/10
LOL..well I wouldn't rate it that high!!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:13 AM   #37
floyd2006
The Living Dead

floyd2006 is In The Twilight Zone

Cuttting Class is a decent horror/suspense film(especially for the late 80's) except mid way toward the film it seems the director decided to turn it into a comedy
Old 11-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #38
Mogwai
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd2006 View Post
Cuttting Class is a decent horror/suspense film(especially for the late 80's) except mid way toward the film it seems the director decided to turn it into a comedy
Nah, it started as a mild parody, turned into a spoof and ended as a lampoon - the entire film was meant to be a sarcastic comedy horror and it worked very well as such. The javelin through the trampoline scene was a blatant piss take of wacky slasher set pieces.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #39
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

RomeroCarpenter Fan has no status.

total cheese and pretty aweful (2/10)
RomeroCarpenter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #40
Mr. Bill
BD's Official Thunder Buddy!

Mr. Bill is going to show that bitch a scary movie... bitches love scary movies

I found this to be a decent but cheesy slasher film, it wasn't great but it entertained imo.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horro..._type=bookmark

My film collection...

http://billsmovies.filmaf.com/owned 4904 films and counting
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote