Mario Bava Appreciation Thread + Links - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Foreign Horror

Foreign Horror Discussion for horror films from non US markets

View Poll Results: Favorite Mario Bava Film
Planet of the Vampires 1 1.05%
Black Sabbath 16 16.84%
Black Sunday 30 31.58%
The Girl Who Knew Too Much 2 2.11%
Kill, Baby... Kill! 9 9.47%
A Bay of Blood 19 20.00%
Danger Diabolik 5 5.26%
Lisa and the Devil 4 4.21%
The Whip and The Body 5 5.26%
Rabid Dogs 4 4.21%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2007, 05:00 PM   #21
TheLadyLigeia
The Living Dead
 
TheLadyLigeia's Avatar
TheLadyLigeia is quietly judging you
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The ghoul-haunted woodland of Weir
Posts: 2,741
Send a message via MSN to TheLadyLigeia
Default

My favorite was Black Sunday for a while.. probably because it was the first film of his I saw, the one that made me love him. But now I think Black Sabbath is my favorite. I've caught myself watching it more than any other of his films. The telephone is the weakest out of the three, but I still like them all a lot.

Bava ftw.

The Maestro of the Macabre documentary is airing this month of IFC, by the way, if anyone else is like me and doesn't have the Hatchet for the Honeymoon R2. I recorded & watched it a few days ago. Good stuff.
__________________
TheLadyLigeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:07 PM   #22
depecheanix
It... Won't... Die...
 
depecheanix's Avatar
depecheanix is fgsdoi dsn dsnfm ods
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 18,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLadyLigeia View Post
My favorite was Black Sunday for a while.. probably because it was the first film of his I saw, the one that made me love him. But now I think Black Sabbath is my favorite. I've caught myself watching it more than any other of his films. The telephone is the weakest out of the three, but I still like them all a lot.
I think Black Sabbath was the first I saw, it's the perfect entry to Bava and really gives you a taste of each of his horror styles. The Drop of Water to me is his masterpiece and to me the best 15 minutes ever in horror. Though the antique shop death scene in Blood and Black Lace does come close.
__________________
depecheanix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:37 PM   #23
goose101
The Living Dead
 
goose101's Avatar
goose101 is around
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkInWaLkEr View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tool.
Oh shut up you ain't impressing anyone. Also how am I a Tool?
goose101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:08 PM   #24
superfry
Big Poppa
 
superfry's Avatar
superfry is wanting a monkey to avenge his death!
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 'Nam Land! 'Nam Land!
Posts: 14,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkInWaLkEr View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tool.
I'm impressed!

You have an uncanny knack for callin' like we all see 'em!
superfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:13 PM   #25
DaveG
Rotting Corpse
 
DaveG's Avatar
DaveG has no status.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 2,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose101 View Post
They look like shitty DTV
That's fucking HILARIOUS!
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:18 PM   #26
DaveG
Rotting Corpse
 
DaveG's Avatar
DaveG has no status.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 2,035
Default

So, I can't vote on your poll the proper way, Depeche. No BLOOD AND BLACK LACE?!? No FIVE DOLLS?!?

Well, if I had to place a vote then it would be for KILL BABY KILL. I might be in the minority but I think it is perhaps the best film on that list. Bava's films were certainly never known for there narrative content and this isn't going to change anybody's mind. But it's all about the looks and this has got to be one of the most atmospheric ghost stories I've ever seen. Beautiful, beautiful film.

If you would have included the aforementioned films in your poll, it would have been BLOOD AND BLACK LACE by a mile. But, as I said, I'm a giallo nut.
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:32 PM   #27
Doc
It... Won't... Die...
 
Doc's Avatar
Doc is a hillbilly.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Across the Burning Sands
Posts: 10,490
Send a message via AIM to Doc
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose101 View Post
Oh shut up you ain't impressing anyone. Also how am I a Tool?
You're a tool because you said Bava's MASTERPIECES look like shitty DTV... Which actually means you're fucking blind. And an idiot.


Anyway... I almost voted for The KNEW Who Knew too Much, on general typo principle, but instead I voted for Bava's true masterwork...

DANGER: DIABOLIK!
__________________
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #28
depecheanix
It... Won't... Die...
 
depecheanix's Avatar
depecheanix is fgsdoi dsn dsnfm ods
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 18,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
So, I can't vote on your poll the proper way, Depeche. No BLOOD AND BLACK LACE?!? No FIVE DOLLS?!?

If you would have included the aforementioned films in your poll, it would have been BLOOD AND BLACK LACE by a mile. But, as I said, I'm a giallo nut.
I know, I feel ashamed. Blood and Black Lace is probably tied as my favorite bava film, I don't know why I didn't put it down. Major brain fart. Unfortunately you can only have 10 options in BDs polls.

As for Kill Baby Kill now that I have seen a lot more Bava I'm going to give it another watch. I imagine if you aren't used to the pacing in his films then it'll be a challenging watch.

Also does anyone know where I can get the Hatchet for the Honeymoon soundtrack from? Or if it's even available at all?
__________________
depecheanix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:40 PM   #29
DaveG
Rotting Corpse
 
DaveG's Avatar
DaveG has no status.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 2,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by depecheanix View Post
I know, I feel ashamed. Blood and Black Lace is probably tied as my favorite bava film, I don't know why I didn't put it down. Major brain fart. Unfortunately you can only have 10 options in BDs polls.

As for Kill Baby Kill now that I have seen a lot more Bava I'm going to give it another watch. I imagine if you aren't used to the pacing in his films then it'll be a challenging watch.

Also does anyone know where I can get the Hatchet for the Honeymoon soundtrack from? Or if it's even available at all?
I do believe you can still get the RCA recording of it. It's packaged together with the soundtrack for BLACK SABBATH - which should make you happy.

Check Amazon or MovieGrooves.com.
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:46 PM   #30
depecheanix
It... Won't... Die...
 
depecheanix's Avatar
depecheanix is fgsdoi dsn dsnfm ods
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 18,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
I do believe you can still get the RCA recording of it. It's packaged together with the soundtrack for BLACK SABBATH - which should make you happy.

Check Amazon or MovieGrooves.com.
Nice find! $75 for it on UK amazon though.
__________________

Last edited by depecheanix; 09-07-2007 at 06:49 PM.
depecheanix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC