BD Timeout - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > Bloody-Disgusting.com > News and Announcements

News and Announcements Site news and happenings, if somethings going on you'll hear about it here.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:42 PM   #21
HighlyTENSE
The Living Dead

HighlyTENSE is is swapping personalities.

Location: Into that void of silence, where we cry without sound....

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfry View Post

Are you calling me a dumbass or being my visual aid??

I have an angel on my shoulder, but a devil in my head.
HighlyTENSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:51 PM   #22
Count Dragula
I Eat Brains!

Count Dragula has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Count Dragula Send a message via MSN to Count Dragula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I really don't care much for this idea... I feel like the only people who are going to end up in the B-D Jail (for all intents and purposes, it is the same as a certain other forum's system) are the people who should just be outright banned for spamming, flaming, etc.

I just don't really see it serving much of a purpose. Unless it's going to be used to punish mean members for hurting the feelings of some stupid n00bs or something... in which case I definitely dislike the idea, as that's half the fun of this site.
People who just outright troll and spam will be banned the same as always, this is for people on the edge of whoredom.

If said "mean member" is constantly disrupting threads with their flaming, then it will most certainly be them.

Once again, we're trying to steer things more toward legitimate discussion. Make the thread discussions themselves interesting to read, pages of insults are ultimately hollow and a chore to read through for those who've fully left their grade school days behind them and aren't interested in soap opera trivialities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher Icon911 View Post
How long does the Timeout last?
Varies per instance.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:54 PM   #23
Dobe Dobe
BANNED

Dobe Dobe is bannedddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Dragula View Post
People who just outright troll and spam will be banned the same as always, this is for people on the edge of whoredom.

If said "mean member" is constantly disrupting threads with their flaming, then it will most certainly be them.

Once again, we're trying to steer things more toward legitimate discussion. Make the thread discussions themselves interesting to read, pages of insults is ultimately hollow and a chore to read through for those who've fully left their grade school days behind them and aren't interested in soap opera triviality's.
What about certain members who are rude to people who make duplicate threads? Is that Timeout worthy?

Also, is off-topic, but related discussion still allowed? Like discussing a Kevin Bacon film in the Death Sentence thread. As long as it isn't pages and pages?
Dobe Dobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:58 PM   #24
Nosferatuscreams
Send... More... Paramedics

Nosferatuscreams has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nosferatuscreams Send a message via MSN to Nosferatuscreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
Also, is off-topic, but related discussion still allowed? Like discussing a Kevin Bacon film in the Death Sentence thread. As long as it isn't pages and pages?
Natural flow of discussion is cool, we're just focussing on nonsense like, "Hey I just got this new fabric softener the other day and my clothes are totally soft!" Crap that drives the thread way off-topic.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:01 PM   #25
Count Dragula
I Eat Brains!

Count Dragula has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Count Dragula Send a message via MSN to Count Dragula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
What about certain members who are rude to people who make duplicate threads? Is that Timeout worthy?
As long as it doesn't carry over and disrupt more legitimate threads no, we just prefer you at least report the duplicate (as you usually do).
Old 08-28-2007, 01:04 PM   #26
Tool Shed
I Ban People

Tool Shed is swimming.

Do you take suggestions? There are a couple members who do nothing but insult and try to and start flame wars.

Shivers

I'm all for this, personally. I've had my share of flame wars and sometimes you need something to straighten you up. It's getting really tiresome seeing the same old flame wars on a daily basis. The noob bashing seems to be at an all time high. And it is never one member, 5-6 members have to come into a thread and tell the person the same thing or spew their uninteresting crap into every thread.

We've always been known as harsh board and people have to learn to stick it out or grow thicker skin but it's uncalled for to do it to almost every new member that joins the board. Interesting people with interesting discussion could possibly be scared away from even registering if they take a look around.

Also, change the whatever forum to the dating forum. A.S.A.P!

Will timeouts be used on people who seem to derail every thread they post in with their useless banter?

Tool Shed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:05 PM   #27
Kamui_X
Send... More... Paramedics

Kamui_X is Infini-Awesome!

This is the best thing ever...especially when I saw a certain someone has already been put in time-out
Kamui_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:06 PM   #28
Tool Shed
I Ban People

Tool Shed is swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatuscreams View Post
Natural flow of discussion is cool, we're just focussing on nonsense like, "Hey I just got this new fabric softener the other day and my clothes are totally soft!" Crap that drives the thread way off-topic.
Fuck yes! . . .

I mean people will naturally go off-topic every once in a while but it gets a little extreme.

Tool Shed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:09 PM   #29
Dobe Dobe
BANNED

Dobe Dobe is bannedddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatuscreams View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Dragula View Post
As long as it doesn't carry over and disrupt more legitimate threads no, we just prefer you at least report the duplicate (as you usually do).
Thanks guys, good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Shed View Post
We've always been known as harsh board and people have to learn to stick it out or grow thicker skin but it's uncalled for to do it to almost every new member that joins the board. Interesting people with interesting discussion could possibly be scared away from even registering if they take a look around.
I'll plead half guilty to this. I usually make a joke to welcome the new member, because it seems tiring to read 37 variations of "welcome to BD"...some of my jokes aren't taken well and then the member leaves, but they'd just leave anyway after exploring and seeing other people who are far meaner than I am.
Dobe Dobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:14 PM   #30
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.

Best. Idea. Ever.

I just saw who the first inductee to the timeout chair was Dark_M. Adding insult to punishment, revolutionary! This whole plan reminds me of my time in Catholic school, they would be proud.

Well done.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote