Italian horror...my bout with my addiciton to crack - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Foreign Horror

Foreign Horror Discussion for horror films from non US markets

Old 07-15-2005, 08:33 AM   #1
ZOMBIE COMMANDO
Send... More... Paramedics

ZOMBIE COMMANDO is eating a bowl of fuck.

Send a message via AIM to ZOMBIE COMMANDO
Default Italian horror...my bout with my addiciton to crack

For about the last 4 months I have been really fascinated with these low budget, exploitive, shitty Italian gore flicks. What the fuck is wrong with me? I know they are bad, I know half of them are totally nonsensical, yet I can't stop watching them. I'm a moth attracted to the ever deadly flame. It's like I've been hypnotized by the magic of Fulci and Argento. The more terrible the film is, the more I can't resist watching it over and over again.

It's like being addicted to crack, you know it's bad for you, but you fall powerless to it's allure.

I get home from work and I seriously look forward to doing nothing but chilling with a 40oz of Beast and delving into the sleaziest of the old school sleaze. Anybody else feel themselves sucked into this shit, or am I just losing my ever loving mind?
ZOMBIE COMMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:35 AM   #2
BloodBath&Beyond
The Living Dead

BloodBath&Beyond has no status.

I love these films too. [feeds your habit] I just saw Burial Ground aka Nights of Terror last night. There's a crazy Man-child in it that shouldn't be missed. Check it out if you haven't already.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:53 AM   #3
ZOMBIE COMMANDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBath&Beyond
I love these films too. [feeds your habit] I just saw Burial Ground aka Nights of Terror last night. There's a crazy Man-child in it that shouldn't be missed. Check it out if you haven't already.
Seen it...reallized it was a shitty flick that catered to every poor taste I have....but liked it anyways. I almost feel like these films may be permanently damaging my mind, like a wild night partying with Wild Turky and a stranger's credit card, so I try to offset it by reading as many books as possible....
Old 07-15-2005, 03:19 PM   #4
Don John
I Eat Brains!

Don John is was happy to realize that if he committed genocide there would be no one left to arrest him.

I love crack. It makes you feel good inside and makes your heart stop. Italian horror is good too.

Thanks to brain dead for cleaning up my Boll Dogs logo.
My DVD's
Don John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:14 PM   #5
I am Legend
BANNED

I am Legend has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIE COMMANDO
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBath&Beyond
Seen it...reallized it was a shitty flick that catered to every poor taste I have....but liked it anyways. I almost feel like these films may be permanently damaging my mind, like a wild night partying with Wild Turky and a stranger's credit card, so I try to offset it by reading as many books as possible....
aaa yes, a good example of all that is bad with movies, and yet, it calls out to us:

his name is Peter Bark and he loves his mommy.

I am Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:52 PM   #6
BloodBath&Beyond
The Living Dead

Gotta love a 20 year old dude playing a 10 year old, who acts like a 5 year old... with a comb-over. I captured another picture, but not sure if I could post it, it's a bit raunchy and a spoiler as well.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:52 PM   #7
GrimCalavera
Fresh Kill

GrimCalavera has no status.

Send a message via MSN to GrimCalavera

If we can't post raunchy photos that spoil a 28 year old movie on these legacy, then I want to be banned. Or at least have the photo PMed to me.

Back on point. You ARE a troubled man for watching and enjoying these films and I believe that most horror-heads go through these stages. For the past three weeks I have been going CRAZY with asian films. Every last fucking one I can get my hands on I watch, and this shit is usualy NOT good. All the Tomie's, Shutter, The Eye series, Bio-Zombie, Crazy Lips, Living Hell, A chinese ghost story, Close Encounters of a Spooky Kind, Shaolin vs Evil Dead. Although, I will say that when compared, I overall enjoy the feel of asian horror movies from back in the day over the italian ones. Exploitation is the perfect definition of what many of those Itialian horror directors were doing with their films.

If you KNOW in your heart that it's BAD but you enjoy it, it's ok. It's when you think it's a GOOD film that there's a problem. If this starts happening, you come to us IMMEDIATELY. We will help you, we're your friends.
GrimCalavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 12:16 AM   #8
BloodBath&Beyond
The Living Dead

uhhh...

this kid seriously loves his mom....

gotta love his pants too
Old 07-18-2005, 12:44 PM   #9
ZOMBIE COMMANDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimCalavera
Back on point. You ARE a troubled man for watching and enjoying these films and I believe that most horror-heads go through these stages. For the past three weeks I have been going CRAZY with asian films. Every last fucking one I can get my hands on I watch, and this shit is usualy NOT good. All the Tomie's, Shutter, The Eye series, Bio-Zombie, Crazy Lips, Living Hell, A chinese ghost story, Close Encounters of a Spooky Kind, Shaolin vs Evil Dead. Although, I will say that when compared, I overall enjoy the feel of asian horror movies from back in the day over the italian ones. Exploitation is the perfect definition of what many of those Itialian horror directors were doing with their films.

If you KNOW in your heart that it's BAD but you enjoy it, it's ok. It's when you think it's a GOOD film that there's a problem. If this starts happening, you come to us IMMEDIATELY. We will help you, we're your friends.
You're right, I am troubled.

I've always had tastes more twisted than a pretzel covered in the salt of the macabre, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It's just strange, and rather reassuring, that so many of us love our grade-A shit storms. I think many Asian films are going through a period of film making now that many companies over in Europe were going through in the 70s and late 80s......a sort of total disregard for pretensious film critics in favor of dirty fun. There's something appealing to me about that. It's like picking up sleazy chicks from a rundown bar for one night romp fests. You know it's wrong....you know you will never get anything truly meaningfull from the experience....but damn it's fun.

I'm glad you guys and gals got my back if I ever lapse into a catatonic state of permanent brain damage as a result of the nasty spectacle of Italian sleaze seeping through my optics, where I truly believe the bad to be good, and the good to be not as good as the bad.....
Old 07-18-2005, 12:46 PM   #10
ZOMBIE COMMANDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Legend

aaa yes, a good example of all that is bad with movies, and yet, it calls out to us:

his name is Peter Bark and he loves his mommy.

I feel it's utter shittyness calling out to me in the night. "Watch me...watch me...". Looks like I just found out where I will get my next hit....