Valentine (2001) - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:42 AM   #21
Halloween_Night
BANNED

Halloween_Night has no status.

Those DTV sequels i listed seemed to involve all new characters and storys with just a few quick refrences to the original, but it seems like the newest dtv sequels are really trying connect with the original, like Wrong Turn 2 and Return To House On Haunted Hill, they are actual sequels and while they feature new characters and stories, they let you know what happened in the original and helps bridge the gap between films. But another example of the \"lets get a new cast and story\" sequels is the glass house 2: the good mother.
Halloween_Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:44 AM   #22
101ant101
Rotting Corpse

101ant101 has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_Night View Post
Those DTV sequels i listed seemed to involve all new characters and storys with just a few quick refrences to the original, but it seems like the newest dtv sequels are really trying connect with the original, like Wrong Turn 2 and Return To House On Haunted Hill, they are actual sequels and while they feature new characters and stories, they let you know what happened in the original and helps bridge the gap between films. But another example of the \"lets get a new cast and story\" sequels is the glass house 2: the good mother.
true would be nice to see cupid mask killer in action that mask ill allways love.

and the dvd cover nice 80's feel

101ant101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:53 AM   #23
freaq90
Rotting Corpse

freaq90 is not doing much, typical!

Send a message via MSN to freaq90

Quote:
Originally Posted by caustic_coffee View Post
David Boreanez walked the same way whether he had the mask on or not. It was a sort of slow bouncing strut, yet nobody ever put two and two together.

And how did he get the maggots in the chocolate without killing them?

I bought this as a blind buy years ago, and traded it in years ago.
It wasn't great, but I thought it had some good moments. I thought the cupid mask was fucking creepy, but it was somewhat negated by the stupid and selfish girls that were being stalked. Seriously, who didn't cheer to see Denise Richards' character get killed?

I was quite disturbed by the iron death, even though it was totally offscreen.

I'm perplexed as to why I watched this film with the commentary, but I'm sure they made mention that they only had limited time to film with David Boreanaz and he wasn't dressed up as the cupid killer during the stalking scenes- even though he wanted to be.

As for the maggots...well you're totally justified there!

Nathan

http://freaq90.dvdaf.com/owned

freaq90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:18 PM   #24
DaveG
Rotting Corpse

DaveG has no status.

I've always had a problem where the killer's motive for revenge is some fucking prank that the cool kids played on him in high school. Just seems awfully petty and pathetic to me. I hated this piece of shit when I saw it in the theater and, having watched it again recently, I hate it now. There was no suspense, no tension, no atmosphere, no likable characters, no nothing. Horrible. The only good thing was the absolute rip-off of one of ALONE IN THE DARK's plot points/surprises. At least I got to think about that movie while walking out of the theater and not this piece of shit.

Horrible.
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:22 PM   #25
DaveG
Rotting Corpse

DaveG has no status.

Quote:
I just don\'t see how people can call this movie \"crap\". I really don\'t see how people can even dislike it, i mean i could understand back in 2001 when it was released, Scream 3 had came out the previous year and while Scream 3 was the last of the Scream series, scream 3 seemeded to be the last of the slasher film in general, people wanted something new and when Valentine came out with its \"Guess who the killer is\" slasher plot, ofcourse it didn\'t do well because people wrre sick of who dunnit slashers and slashers in general. But this movie was very good, i just do not see how it can be called \"crap\" though, thats a little low. But we most likely will be getting a Valentine 2, i mean we got UL3,IKWUDLS 3,Hallow man 2, and a sequel to the craft is coming in 2009, so a Valentine 2 can\'t be far behind.
Wow, man. Just wow. I wouldn't even know where to begin with that.
I wouldn't call it "crap", either. I'd call it SHIT. Crap's too good of a word for this movie.
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 03:38 PM   #26
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.

Quote:
I just don\'t see how people can call this movie \"crap\". I really don\'t see how people can even dislike it, i mean i could understand back in 2001 when it was released, Scream 3 had came out the previous year and while Scream 3 was the last of the Scream series, scream 3 seemeded to be the last of the slasher film in general, people wanted something new and when Valentine came out with its \"Guess who the killer is\" slasher plot, ofcourse it didn\'t do well because people wrre sick of who dunnit slashers and slashers in general. But this movie was very good, i just do not see how it can be called \"crap\" though, thats a little low. But we most likely will be getting a Valentine 2, i mean we got UL3,IKWUDLS 3,Hallow man 2, and a sequel to the craft is coming in 2009, so a Valentine 2 can\'t be far behind.
So are you disagreeing that this should be called something worse than crap? How about poop or excrement? It sounds as if you're trying to speak in favor of this movie yet you don't see anything positive or negative. Are you suggesting I shouldn't call it crap because there will be a sequel, which proves it isn't crap? You're going to have to refine your communication skills.

Use your words little guy - you can do it.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 03:44 PM   #27
HighlyTENSE
The Living Dead

HighlyTENSE is is swapping personalities.

Location: Into that void of silence, where we cry without sound....

Not the worst slasher film I've ever seen. It's just so terribly average.

What's worse is that it doesn't even have a climax or a good one anyways. It just goes thru the motions and then ends.

Much prefer My Bloody Valentine as the seminal Valentine holiday themed slasher film.

I have an angel on my shoulder, but a devil in my head.
HighlyTENSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 03:56 PM   #28
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Wow, man. Just wow. I wouldn't even know where to begin with that.
I wouldn't call it "crap", either. I'd call it SHIT. Crap's too good of a word for this movie.
Damn, I should have read through the responses first. You beat me to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyTENSE View Post
Not the worst slasher film I've ever seen.

Much prefer My Bloody Valentine as the seminal Valentine holiday themed slasher film.
My Bloody Valentine beats this hands down, I agree completely. There wasn't anything appalling about Valentine, but there are far better out there. If I ever reached for a horror movie on Valentine's day out of some holiday inspiration, it would be My Bloody Valentine.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:40 PM   #29
101ant101
Rotting Corpse

101ant101 has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyTENSE View Post
Not the worst slasher film I've ever seen. It's just so terribly average.

What's worse is that it doesn't even have a climax or a good one anyways. It just goes thru the motions and then ends.

MBV is one of the best 80's slashers out there. if they never cut the gore out it would of been 100% even better

101ant101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:28 PM   #30
HighlyTENSE
The Living Dead

HighlyTENSE is is swapping personalities.

Location: Into that void of silence, where we cry without sound....

Yep, I pop in every holiday based slasher film during it's respective season.

Black Christmas and Silent Night, Deadly Night- Christmas

Halloween 1, 2, and III, Lady in White, Monster House, Trick r' Treat( hopefully ), basically every horror movie since that's the time of year for HORROR.

April Fool's Day- ahem...

My Bloody Valentine- Valentine's Day

Happy Birthday to Me- My birthday

I have an angel on my shoulder, but a devil in my head.
HighlyTENSE is offline   Reply With Quote