All the Boys Love Mandy Lane (2006) - Page 33 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #321
NightmareWarrior
Rotting Corpse

NightmareWarrior has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverlost View Post
Yeah, this should've got a theatrical release. Those idiots.
didn't the US secure distribution for the film at one point.
NightmareWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #322
Chainsaw Suicide
Send... More... Paramedics

Chainsaw Suicide has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Chainsaw Suicide

This was pretty decent...nothing special

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_01976 View Post
I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.
Chainsaw Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #323
NightmareWarrior
Rotting Corpse

It is one of my favorite slashers from the 2000 decade.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #324
Mogwai
BANNED

Mogwai is three sheets to the wind.

@ Yanks - you're really not missing much. It's a mediocre slasher film with a fit female lead.
It's nothing to write home about.
Mogwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #325
NightmareWarrior
Rotting Corpse

All the boys love Mandy Lane is supposed to be a horror movie, but for me, its more of a drama/horror movie and I actually liked that.

What really sets Mandy Lane apart from all the other teen horror films is that it brings something new to the genre. The story line is pretty basic but it's terrifying because you know from the beginning who the killer is. and it's nothing supernatural. it's real. normally, when watching a horror film, you go "oh, this couldn't happen in real life" and with this, you go "it could be real" The young actors are great. Apart from Amber Heard and Michael Welch, You don't know them and it's good, because nothing can bring down a horror film like a well known actor trying something new... I love Michael Welch and Amber Heard in this movie and Aaron Himmelstein's character Red won me over. Amber Heard is perfect as Mandy, because she doesn't look like an anorexic model, she looks healthy and beautiful and normal and it's good for the movie.

Mandy Lane is a girl that, like the title suggests, all the boys at her school want to "get with." She has blossomed over the summer from Plain Jane to the hottest, most desired girl in school. After her and her geeky male friend get invited to a party, a freak accident occurs where the host of the party dies while trying to impress Mandy. Flash forward to the following year. Mandy gets invited to a party at a secluded ranch by a bunch of the popular kids. Partying and drinking ensues, and of course, the boys each try in their own way to get with Mandy, who seems uninterested in the whole situation. Needless to say, it doesn't take long before a mysterious killer shows up on the ranch and begins brutally killing off the teens one by one. The film does utilize the now clichéd "Scream" type ending, but with a minor twist that is still somewhat predictable.

The final twist is good. it's okay. it's nothing too big, but it's clever enough for me. it was all that happened before the twist that I adore. and of course, the scene where Chloe (SPOILER HERE!) runs to Mandy, thinking it's gonna be okay and then gets stabbed. it was beautiful, because it turned everything upside down and you don't understand what's going on. and it's shot really beautifully, the camera spinning around them.

The movie is shot beautifully and it's acted well, and it's just new. I think the kills are good, not too gross, you don't get the feeling that the writers have tried too hard to come up with disgusting ways to kill a guy, but bloody enough to make you shudder. I would have wanted to explore the characters a little more, but then again, why? they die anyway... the movie isn't perfect but it's far more better than most horror films today.

All the boys love Mandy Lane is one of the best horror films in the last 10 years. It's bloody, but it's not disgusting. It brings something new to the genre and the characters aren't just brainless pretty people. They actually have personalities. and it's good. watch it, it's worth it!

It is sad that, as of even today, this film has not had a U.S. release either theatrically or DVD. Had it been released in theaters, I think it could have revived the slasher genre, which once again has become tired and clichéd ridden, much like "Scream" did in the mid 90's. Horror fans and fans of quality film making should check this film out--not only is it an above average slasher film with interesting characters, brutal deaths, and plot twists, but it is also a wonderful piece of film making with exceptional art direction, cinematography, and direction.

10/10
Old 03-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #326
Chainsaw Suicide

Chainsaw Suicide has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Chainsaw Suicide

^^^10/10? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_01976 View Post
I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.
Chainsaw Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #327
NightmareWarrior
Rotting Corpse

its one of the best slashers in the last 10 years.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #328
NightmareWarrior
Rotting Corpse

It still makes no freaking sense this movie has no distributor for the US. It is a great slasher which would fine its fanbase among horror fans.

I can understand why no distributor or studio wants to touch it. It has no profit now since everyone probably downloaded it off torrent sites. But even than just having it in your DVD collection would still be great.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #329
Kupotek

Kupotek is es un gato loco con un cuchillo.

Send a message via AIM to Kupotek

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
It still makes no freaking sense this movie has no distributor for the US. It is a great slasher which would fine its fanbase among horror fans.

I can understand why no distributor or studio wants to touch it. It has no profit now since everyone probably downloaded it off torrent sites. But even than just having it in your DVD collection would still be great.
The movie is kind of dated, it feels like one of those done and redone cool kids who are sheep with a wolf amongst them that we saw so many of 10, 15 years ago.
Kupotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #330
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

Your average 2000's slasher. Pretty boring with no really likeable characters. I've seen worse though.
5/10
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote