Audition (1999) - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Foreign Horror

Foreign Horror Discussion for horror films from non US markets

Old 07-09-2005, 11:27 PM   #11
Misanthropeinaction
Fresh Kill

Misanthropeinaction has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Misanthropeinaction

I REALLY loved this movie. Everything about it impressed me. I would have to say that it is the best asian horror flick I have seen thus far. (Though I must admit that list is very small.)
Misanthropeinaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 03:07 AM   #12
mr_stroppy
Fresh Kill

mr_stroppy has no status.

I really dug it when I first saw it - little did I know Takashi Miike had made a dozen better films! (And a whole bunch worse...!).

I think I stop at "good" rather than "great" because it feels a little bit like a filmmaking exercise in that your entire feeling towards the movie will be fashioned by your emotional response to the last 10 minutes. Still, cool stuff - I like the way it can be read as an anti-patriarchy statement or a hundred other ways, depending on what you want to see in it.
mr_stroppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 11:43 AM   #13
sirand
Fresh Kill

sirand has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ripper
I can't stand the people who discredit the film for being, "Slow," and, "Boring."

It's called fucking build up. The protagonist is given so much time with the audience that we really get to see what a great guy he is. Which of course makes it all the more awful in the end. I know I'll probably get bashed for saying this but this has to be one of the most suspenseful/scariest movies I've ever seen.
Amen. It's not for people with low attention spans who wanna get a quick fix. Those whiners need to just give up and leave these kinds of films to the big dogs!
Old 07-10-2005, 02:28 PM   #14
Tool Shed
I Ban People

Tool Shed is swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirand
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ripper
I can't stand the people who discredit the film for being, "Slow," and, "Boring."

It's called fucking build up. The protagonist is given so much time with the audience that we really get to see what a great guy he is. Which of course makes it all the more awful in the end. I know I'll probably get bashed for saying this but this has to be one of the most suspenseful/scariest movies I've ever seen.
Amen. It's not for people with low attention spans who wanna get a quick fix. Those whiners need to just give up and leave these kinds of films to the big dogs!
Two great points. I have friends that won't watch Asian horror because they have to read...lazy fucks.

Tool Shed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:05 AM   #15
Bleedthrough
Not Dead Yet

Bleedthrough has no status.

^^^

It's a sad state of affairs when people don't want to watch a decent film because they have to "read."

It's also funny how re-makes are re-written for American audiences -- cater for the "shorter" attention spans.

I feel that people that criticise the film for being slow don't understand the power of establishing a character and feeling for that character because they become the subject of an undeserved misfortune. As mentioned, this makes it all the more horrific.

The film is good... it takes pains to establish backstory, motivations - makes it palpable to an audience.

So good to see you once again
I thought that you were hiding from me.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing a trail of smoke and reason.

-- third-eye; TOOL ...
Bleedthrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:14 PM   #16
maddox1
Rotting Corpse

maddox1 has no status.

Send a message via MSN to maddox1

i loved this movie , the part where she takes the piano wire, damn never seen a woman do that before.

myspace.com/jwprestriedge

badges, badges, we dont need no stinky badges. (blazing saddles)

i am handicapped, im psychotic!

beauty is a curse on the world (the carver from nip/tuck)

your village called, they need their idiot back

gods busy, how can i be of service (satan)
maddox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 03:25 AM   #17
IV_Tear116
The Living Dead

IV_Tear116 is Hawaiian Donkey Punch

Send a message via MSN to IV_Tear116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedthrough
^^^

It's a sad state of affairs when people don't want to watch a decent film because they have to "read."

It's also funny how re-makes are re-written for American audiences -- cater for the "shorter" attention spans.

I feel that people that criticise the film for being slow don't understand the power of establishing a character and feeling for that character because they become the subject of an undeserved misfortune. As mentioned, this makes it all the more horrific.

The film is good... it takes pains to establish backstory, motivations - makes it palpable to an audience.
I agree...It is pitiful that people need everything special for them...I don't mind subtitles at all...But anyways...I caught this on sundance or IFC one night....I missed the first half hour or so...But..I didn't know the ending really, or anything...Just that people said it was screwed up...It was a great movie...I enjoyed it so much and I am trying to find it so my friend Tim can watch it...It kinda...Made me a little cautious of girls too...
Old 08-07-2005, 01:22 AM   #18
BitOMurder
Rotting Corpse

BitOMurder has no status.

Send a message via AIM to BitOMurder Send a message via MSN to BitOMurder Send a message via Yahoo to BitOMurder

i love this movie...i watched that bravo thing on the scariest moments and when i say rob zombie talkin bout audition like it was the best thing to come out in the last 10 years (with the exception of house) i said i had to see that...i rented it and thought it was pretty damn good...i then spent 9 months tryin to buy it...it was like $70 used on amazon...until bout 2 weeks ago when i was checkin around amazon for new movies and just happened to find it...and find it i did for $8.99...so i had to pick the fucker up....

My Dvd List: http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...&id=bitomurder
BitOMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 07:32 PM   #19
evil_resident
Fresh Kill

evil_resident has no status.

Send a message via MSN to evil_resident

i saw it like a month ago when i was with a friend, i like how it justs bings the suspense slowly then boom the f'ing lady goes insane. i dont like needles so i didnt like that part in the film.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:54 AM   #20
xerophytes
Not Dead Yet

xerophytes has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to xerophytes

This is the movie.... the movie that.... is BRILLIANTLY MADE!

It was really totally different. No scare. No ghost.

The earlier part is not dragging moment for me and I enjoyed it somehow. I thought what everyone is crazy talking about this movie is the 'blowjob'. Ha! But I was wrong... I was wrong.... because the next thing I know, I was watching the torture scene that makes me... feel the 'pain' of the lead actor.

The you-thought-it's-only-a-dream-sequence caught me. Great. Great movie.

~ At first I thought the lead actor's son is a 'girl' coz he looks like girl in a first glance. haha.