Assassins (2012) - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > The Fan Forum

The Fan Forum Post all your fan art here for everyone to enjoy. Fan Films, pictures, songs, poems, stories, whatever...

Old 01-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
MikeBonomo
It... Won't... Die...

MikeBonomo is festival circuit with Assassins

Send a message via AIM to MikeBonomo
Default Assassins (2012)

So, I'm back with another project....

Muse is still happening. I swear. We just have to raise a whole bunch more money than we thought, so I've got an exec producer running around grabbing funds. While we were waiting, we made another short entitled, "Assassins"...

Trailer:

And, then the reviews started coming in. Those were good. Then the lead, who some of you might know from Nude Nuns with Big Guns, Dismal and maybe even that creepy viral campaign from Facebook called: Take This Lollipop, came to me and asked if we could turn it into a feature.

So, me being the whore to make stuff that I am, decided that we had to make this thing, and make it now. I went to everyone's favorite BD resident, DaveG, and convinced him (he already co-wrote Muse with me) to create this one too. Bam. We had a story. And, just like that we had a script. Now we're almost done casting, locked in most of the post team (some of whom have worked on some major films that you folks have probably seen) and locations are 99% there. Unlike Muse, we're doing this by begging and out of pocket costs.

We go into production the middle of February. More info as it happens...

For people that need to know more...this is Bill Oberst Jr. (one of the leads) doing his thing:

Check out my NEW official website HERE.

Last edited by MikeBonomo; 01-15-2012 at 12:25 AM.
MikeBonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #2
DaveG
Rotting Corpse

DaveG has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBonomo View Post
So, I'm back with another project....

Muse is still happening. I swear. We just have to raise a whole bunch more money than we thought, so I've got an exec producer running around grabbing funds. While we were waiting, we made another short entitled, "Assassins"...

Trailer:

And, then the reviews started coming in. Those were good. Then the lead, who some of you might know from Nude Nuns with Big Guns, Dismal and maybe even that creepy viral campaign from Facebook called: Take This Lollipop, came to me and asked if we could turn it into a feature.

So, me being the whore to make stuff that I am, decided that we had to make this thing, and make it now. I went to everyone's favorite BD resident, DaveG, and convinced him (he already co-wrote Muse with me) to create this one too. Bam. We had a story. And, just like that we had a script. Now we're almost done casting, locked in most of the post team (some of whom have worked on some major films that you folks have probably seen) and locations are 99% there. Unlike Muse, we're doing this by begging and out of pocket costs.

We go into production the middle of February. More info as it happens...
I seriously have to get better at whoring our films out. I really do. But somehow I know that if I just wait long enough, you'll do it for me.
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #3
MikeBonomo
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
I seriously have to get better at whoring our films out. I really do. But somehow I know that if I just wait long enough, you'll do it for me.
LOL...that percentage you signed on for ain't gonna sell itself!

Why don't you show the good people the two posters you made?

Old 01-15-2012, 12:13 AM   #4
DaveG
Rotting Corpse

DaveG has no status.

Click the picture for better resolution or just go to either Mike's site

http://www.michaelbonomo.com

or the blog section of my site

http://www.filmsthatwitnessmadness.com/blog

to get a better view and to check out a lot more concept artwork.

Last edited by DaveG; 01-15-2012 at 12:24 AM.
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
MikeBonomo
It... Won't... Die...

Quick update #4 of a billion:

Spent 12+ hours this weekend casting for the film. We had some fantastic actors come in and some individuals that really didn't seem to capture what we were looking for in the film. It's too bad, because, as storytellers, we want everyone to do well and really bring the characters to life. But, it just can't happen every time.

We have a few solid leads for the third lead and one of the two minor characters in the film. Which makes me feel so much better as we are shooting in less than a month!

Coming up next, a meeting with a couple VFX people this week to discuss gunshots and wounds as well as a follow up with my make up person (also a great friend) who worked on such films as Hellboy and others. No it's not the HEAD person, but she's put in a ton of time on major projects and that will bring a nice professional feel to our aftermath shots.

More as it comes...

Old 01-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
Erebus Dirge
Rotting Corpse

Erebus Dirge is dressing up his turds like barbie dolls with thedead flayed skins of his enemies

Just read the synopsis quite intriguing, hope everything works out for you. Look forward to seeing more. BTW, the lead has got a lot character.

" The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Read latest fiction " The Closet by rhill10" in DEMETIONS at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...t=61754&page=5
Erebus Dirge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
MikeBonomo
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebus Dirge View Post
Just read the synopsis quite intriguing, hope everything works out for you. Look forward to seeing more. BTW, the lead has got a lot character.
Thanks! Yes. Bill is an amazing actor. He's doing really well for himself in the low budget horror realm, but I think he could really break out from the generic "psycho killer" role.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #8
Erebus Dirge
Rotting Corpse

Erebus Dirge is dressing up his turds like barbie dolls with thedead flayed skins of his enemies

Quote:
Thanks! Yes. Bill is an amazing actor. He's doing really well for himself in the low budget horror realm, but I think he could really break out from the generic "psycho killer" role.
Absoutely, you don't want to be type-cast. I think he would do well as the down-at-heel journalist or P.I. in a noir/horror. Even as an lovecraftain unfortunate narrator, one that's seen The Horror. He's got that weathered, haunted look to him. He would even fit well as a tortured and obsessed Ahab type of monster hunter ( supernatural or natural kind).

Read latest fiction " The Closet by rhill10" in DEMETIONS at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...t=61754&page=5

Last edited by Erebus Dirge; 01-16-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #9
MikeBonomo
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebus Dirge View Post
Absoutely, you don't want to be type-cast. I think he would do well as the down-at-heel journalist or P.I. in a noir/horror. Even as an lovecraftain unfortunate narrator, one that's seen The Horror. He's got that weathered, haunted look to him. He would even fit well as a tortured and obsessed Ahab type of monster hunter ( supernatural or natural kind).
The noir thing is exactly what I'm thinking. We're doing this series based on his character from my short, but we're definitely considering a hard-boiled film down the way, along with some bigger horror films.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #10
Erebus Dirge
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
The noir thing is exactly what I'm thinking. We're doing this series based on his character from my short, but we're definitely considering a hard-boiled film down the way, along with some bigger horror films.
That would be awesome. Look forward to seeing this.