HELP! Heavy Metal/ Hard Rock Album Suggestion thread.... - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Music Discussion

Music Discussion Wow that new Britney Track Rules! Talk about that (and other music stuff) here.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:07 PM   #1
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Iggy is still living in the 80's.

Default HELP! Heavy Metal/ Hard Rock Album Suggestion thread....

Hey everybody. I recently bought a 160GB iPod Classic with the storage space for about 40,000 songs. I'm almost done uploading my current music library, and I still have about 134GB of data space left.

I want to experience new music of genres that I already like. I wanted to ask if the BD fans of Heavy Metal/Hard Rock music, could make a list of 30 suggestions of Metal or Hard Rock albums that I should definitely check out. Grunge/Glam/Hair Metal/Alternative and Punk are also accepted. I'm not really a fan of Death Metal, but if there are a couple of albums you really feel I should check out, post those as well.

Looking forward to your replies, and to adding tons of great music to my collection. Thank you.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #2
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is blazin'

How much do classics run for these days? I have 135GB worth of music on my PC and I can only fit 10GB on my iPhone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Attention whore.

I've said it a couple times before, and I'll say it again. There is only one Oxley, and you ain't him bub. Quit feigning crazy. It's getting pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
Se7en...STFU. Stop trying to out stupid Oxley. Oxley is actually amusing with his craziness.

You're just a bland and dull rip off.
Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:18 PM   #3
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
How much do classics run for these days? I have 135GB worth of music on my PC and I can only fit 10GB on my iPhone...
$250, but sooooo worth it. You can store movies and photos on it too. I got it with a one year protection plan (renewable), at Best Buy for $310.00 total.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #4
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is blazin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
$250, but sooooo worth it. You can store movies and photos on it too. I got it with a one year protection plan (renewable), at Best Buy for $310.00 total.
Just read that Apple discontinued it today
Quote:
Attention whore.

I've said it a couple times before, and I'll say it again. There is only one Oxley, and you ain't him bub. Quit feigning crazy. It's getting pathetic.
Quote:
Se7en...STFU. Stop trying to out stupid Oxley. Oxley is actually amusing with his craziness.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #5
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

I've recently been getting into Overkill, thats some seriously awesome thrash. As well as Judas Priest.

If you haven't checked out Rob Halfords solo band DO IT NOW! I just got the first album, titled 'Halford' and it's amazing, and has a duo with Bruce Dickenson! He has 4 solo albums.

I'm really getting into Testament as well, so anything from them is another 'must have' for a metal fan. Then you've got your Metallica, Maiden, Motorhead, Megadeth, Slayer, Cooper etc staples.

Also, I HIGHLY suggest you chech out Christopher Lee's album, his SECOND one. The Omens of Death. It took a few spins, but Jesus fuck it's awesome. And a lot of the music was written by K.K. Downing or whatever, who is the founder of Judas Priest. So he knows his shit.

Make sure to check out Jason Newsteds album too, 'Newsted: Heavy Metal Music'. It's fucking awesome.

If you like Dio snatch him up too, and I can't recomend the tribute album 'Dio: This Is Your Life' enough, every artist did a killer job. Features Metallica, Rob Halford (Judas Priest), Tenacious D, Corey Taylor (SlipKnot), Lemmy and Simone Bimford or something, as well as Joey Belladonna and Scott Ian from Antrax, and a very impressive cover of 'Holy Diver' by Killswitch. Fucking rules.

And GWAR... lots and lots of awesome, hilarious, amazing GWAR!

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:58 PM   #6
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
Just read that Apple discontinued it today
Holy shit......my timing, is impeccable.

I'm sure stores still have stock left though. If they don't, pretty sure Apple will come out with something with similar storage space soon, and it'll be better I'm sure.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:00 PM   #7
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is blazin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Holy shit......my timing, is impeccable.

I'm sure stores still have stock left though. If they don't, pretty sure Apple will come out with something with similar storage space soon, and it'll be better I'm sure.
I sure hope so. The music business seems to be moving steadily towards streaming services and that makes me uneasy.

Maybe the price will drop in the coming months and I can pick one up for cheap
Quote:
Attention whore.

Quote:

Old 09-09-2014, 07:01 PM   #8
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxley View Post
I've recently been getting into Overkill, thats some seriously awesome thrash. As well as Judas Priest.

If you haven't checked out Rob Halfords solo band DO IT NOW! I just got the first album, titled 'Halford' and it's amazing, and has a duo with Bruce Dickenson! He has 4 solo albums.

I'm really getting into Testament as well, so anything from them is another 'must have' for a metal fan. Then you've got your Metallica, Maiden, Motorhead, Megadeth, Slayer, Cooper etc staples.

Also, I HIGHLY suggest you chech out Christopher Lee's album, his SECOND one. The Omens of Death. It took a few spins, but Jesus fuck it's awesome. And a lot of the music was written by K.K. Downing or whatever, who is the founder of Judas Priest. So he knows his shit.

Make sure to check out Jason Newsteds album too, 'Newsted: Heavy Metal Music'. It's fucking awesome.

If you like Dio snatch him up too, and I can't recomend the tribute album 'Dio: This Is Your Life' enough, every artist did a killer job. Features Metallica, Rob Halford (Judas Priest), Tenacious D, Corey Taylor (SlipKnot), Lemmy and Simone Bimford or something, as well as Joey Belladonna and Scott Ian from Antrax, and a very impressive cover of 'Holy Diver' by Killswitch. Fucking rules.

And GWAR... lots and lots of awesome, hilarious, amazing GWAR!
Thanks man. Last week, I bought Overkill: Fuck You And Then Some, DIO: Holy Diver as well as The Very Best Of Judas Priest.

I'll check out your suggestions, but man......I know you know a lot of Metal.......come up with a list of 30 must have albums.....PLEASE.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:04 PM   #9
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

How about fuck you.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #10
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is blazin'

Oxley can't name 30 albums.
Quote:
Attention whore.

Quote: