What Book Did You Last Buy? - Page 199 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Books, Magazines, Literature, etc..

Books, Magazines, Literature, etc.. Some of us really do know how to read!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #1981
Mayday
Jury. Executioner. Judge.
 
Mayday's Avatar
Mayday is the law.
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mega-City One
Posts: 10,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
You really cannot go wrong with Phillip K Dick
Years ago a friend told me PKD was hard to get into/understand, but I have to say, I find his stuff very accessible. (Though I did read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep in high school and totally loved it.) Glad I've given him a whirl. Although the commonality of his themes from his earlier '50s works get kinda repetitive. But now that I'm almost out of PKD freebies, I might have to actually spend some $ to download his other stuff.

Oh, and major bonus, I inadvertantly downloaded Second Variety, not realizing it was the story upon which Screamers was based until I started reading it. Along with Blade Runner, it's my fave-fave PKD movie adaptation and a highly under-appreciated film.
__________________

Cats....or Death?!

2014 Horror Draft
1. Sunshine (2007)
2. Event Horizon (1997)
3. Pitch Black (2000)
4. +1 (2013)
5. Night of the Comet (1984)
6. Slither (2006)
7. The Faculty {1998}
8. Aliens (1986)
9. Europa Report (2013)
10. The Curse (1987)
Mayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #1982
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier
 
Freddy_Lives's Avatar
Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hangar 18
Posts: 10,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayday View Post
Years ago a friend told me PKD was hard to get into/understand, but I have to say, I find his stuff very accessible. (Though I did read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep in high school and totally loved it.) Glad I've given him a whirl. Although the commonality of his themes from his earlier '50s works get kinda repetitive. But now that I'm almost out of PKD freebies, I might have to actually spend some $ to download his other stuff.

Oh, and major bonus, I inadvertantly downloaded Second Variety, not realizing it was the story upon which Screamers was based until I started reading it. Along with Blade Runner, it's my fave-fave PKD movie adaptation and a highly under-appreciated film.
I have the Philip K. Dick collection with all of his novels and I do have all or most of his short stories downloaded but out of all my novels A Maze Of Death blew me away the most I absolutely loved it if you haven't checked it out I implore you to do so.

The Man in the High Castle The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Ubik Martian Time-Slip Dr. Bloodmoney Now Wait for Last Year Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said A Scanner Darkly A Maze of Death VALIS The Divine Invasion The Transmigration of Timothy Arche
__________________
(2014) Horror Draft!


1. Jaws
2. Cujo
3. Monkey Shines
4. The Birds
5. Willard
6. Piranha 3D
7. Arachnophobia
8. The Ruins
9. Rogue
10. Orca
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #1983
Mayday
Jury. Executioner. Judge.
 
Mayday's Avatar
Mayday is the law.
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mega-City One
Posts: 10,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
I have the Philip K. Dick collection with all of his novels and I do have all or most of his short stories downloaded but out of all my novels A Maze Of Death blew me away the most I absolutely loved it if you haven't checked it out I implore you to do so.

The Man in the High Castle The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Ubik Martian Time-Slip Dr. Bloodmoney Now Wait for Last Year Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said A Scanner Darkly A Maze of Death VALIS The Divine Invasion The Transmigration of Timothy Arche
Making note of your suggestions.
__________________

Cats....or Death?!

2014 Horror Draft
1. Sunshine (2007)
2. Event Horizon (1997)
3. Pitch Black (2000)
4. +1 (2013)
5. Night of the Comet (1984)
6. Slither (2006)
7. The Faculty {1998}
8. Aliens (1986)
9. Europa Report (2013)
10. The Curse (1987)
Mayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #1984
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier
 
Freddy_Lives's Avatar
Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hangar 18
Posts: 10,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayday View Post
Making note of your suggestions.
You won't regret that decision
__________________
(2014) Horror Draft!


1. Jaws
2. Cujo
3. Monkey Shines
4. The Birds
5. Willard
6. Piranha 3D
7. Arachnophobia
8. The Ruins
9. Rogue
10. Orca
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #1985
Mr. Bill
BD's Official Thunder Buddy!
 
Mr. Bill's Avatar
Mr. Bill is obsessing over this broken board!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 17,475
Default

__________________


My Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horro...?ref=bookmarks

My Movie Collection, 5130 films & counting...

http://billsmovies.filmaf.com/
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:54 AM   #1986
Yoxodo
Send... More... Paramedics
 
Yoxodo's Avatar
Yoxodo is STONED.
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Giedi Prime
Posts: 7,776
Default








Yoxodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #1987
Mr. Bill
BD's Official Thunder Buddy!
 
Mr. Bill's Avatar
Mr. Bill is obsessing over this broken board!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 17,475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoxodo View Post
__________________


My Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horro...?ref=bookmarks

My Movie Collection, 5130 films & counting...

http://billsmovies.filmaf.com/
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #1988
scream4melongbeach
Rotting Corpse
 
scream4melongbeach's Avatar
scream4melongbeach is concerned,but hopefull
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 1,535
Default

Killer Crabs by Guy N. Smith. Love those old rampaging monster books.
__________________
My , What big teeth you have.
scream4melongbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:35 PM   #1989
pumkinheadfan
The Living Dead
 
pumkinheadfan's Avatar
pumkinheadfan is happy that there are 2 BD boards
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: midwest, USA
Posts: 4,136
Default

ordered:
__________________
pumkinheadfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #1990
Robcbh
Rotting Corpse
 
Robcbh's Avatar
Robcbh is convinced we live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,433
Default

__________________
All things horror: Splatter Shack and like us on Facebook
Robcbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC