Forum Tips for the Noobs! - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > Bloody-Disgusting.com > I'm a newbie!

I'm a newbie! If you're new to the site this is the place to introduce yourself or ask any stupid questions that you're going to get yelled at for anyways.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:59 PM   #1
SkInWaLkEr
I Eat Brains!

SkInWaLkEr has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to SkInWaLkEr
Default Forum Tips for the Noobs!

-FORUM ADMINISTRATORS AND MODERATORS-

Administrators

killrobot

Moderators

Caustic Coffee
Klown
Tool Shed
dead breed
Outpost #31
H.P. Puncraft

- POSTING AND THREAD CREATING -
1. It's a good idea if you've never browsed the legacy before to do so to become acclimated to what type of posts go where before creating a new thread.

2. Use the search feature. If you don't find what your looking for use Advanced Search, using the parameter of "search title only". Sometimes, these do not find the thread your looking for. If that is the case, browse the back pages of the forum your planning on creating your thread in or check out mR BuNgLe's Horror Movie Reference list in the Horror Movies forum.

3. If your post is related to a movie(new or old), and will feature spoilers, be courteous and have a spoilers warning. Most users issue the warning then type the spoilers using black as the font color. For example....
*SPOILER WARNING*
"I thought the scene in Anthropophagus was really cool when he blah blah blah blah. It was sick!"

4. Don't spam when making new threads. It's a sure fire way to be banned.

5. Don't wear your feelings on your sleeve. While MOST members on here are pretty friendly sometimes it gets a little nasty when topics are being debated. Show some courtesy and I'm sure you'll get some in return. Try to respect the views and opinions of others since they may differ from yours. Thanks goes out to fellow B-D member brokenandtwisted for adding to this tip.

6. DO NOT POST RACIALLY INFLAMMATORY MATERIAL OR YOU WILL BE BANNED. For example, pictures of Hitler, swastikas or pictures of the KKK and so on. Religion and Politics are frowned upon and typically lead to the thread being closed.

7. Do not create multiple user accounts. Doing so is not allowed and could result in your being banned.

8. Respect our moderators. If you have a new thread closed it will be for good reason.

9. Try to stay on-topic. Getting off topic is ok sometimes, but there is no need for ten pages worth of useless bantering in a thread. Thanks to fellow B-D member Micheal_Myers for this tip.

10.All threads linking to illegally downloaded copy righted material will be immediately closed, with a warning issued to the thread creator. If problems persist said member will be banned permanently. Thanks to our moderator Count Dragula for this tip.

11. Questions about signature sizes? Heres your answers :

Signature images should be kept to a respectful size and no larger than 250K. If a moderator deems your signature image(s) to be too large or disrupting to the legacy you will be asked to remove it. If the image is not removed your signature will be deleted.

12. Try to refrain from double posting. Use the multi-quote(MQ) tab at the bottom of the screen. read through the thread and multi-quote the posts you would like to respond to. Thanks Caustic Coffee!

13. No Trading Of Illegally Copied Movies Or Audio Cd's
For an explanation, click here. The thread was created by killrobot, the B-D site administrator.

14. New users must accumulate ten(10) posts before being able to submit url's linking to media, sites, etc. The reason is to cut down on the spammers and members who only join to promote their movie or whatever it may be and then are never heard from again. New members can still post pictures, use the journal feature, upload their short movies and create new threads the instant after they're signed up.

Wondering how users embed YouTube videos? Click here to view White Rabbit's explanation on how to embed a video. Currently this feature is only available for videos uploaded to YouTube. The same rules apply for videos that applies for posting pictures.

- AN EXPLANATION OF YOUR USER I.D. BOX -
1. Very Top - Date and the time your post was submitted will be displayed.

2. Your user name will be displayed next.

3. Your "zombie" status is displayed next. This is a direct reflection on how many posts you have.
The "zombie" status and skulls breakdown:

Not Dead Yet : 0 - 99
Fresh Kill : 100 - 999
Rotting Corpse : 1,000 - 2,499
The Living Dead : 2,500 - 4,999
I Eat Brains! : 5,000 - 7,499
Send.. More.. Paramedics : 7,500 - 9,999
It Won't Die! : 10,000 +

4. Next is the skulls. You will begin with no skulls lit. Once you have attained one hundred posts your first skull is then lit up. Thereafter you will receive one skull for each zombie level you attain. Once You have achieved 10,000+ posts their color will be changed to red. See above for the breakdown.

5. Your avatar is displayed next. This you may change by clicking the user cp at the top of the page.

6. If you have won a tournament or are a current champion at one of the games in the B-D arcade, that information will be displayed next under your avatar.

7. Join date, location and the amount of posts you have accumulated are displayed next and are self explanatory. (location is customizable in the user cp.)

8. The green box located directly below the posts information contains the level you have achieved based on your reputation points. Click the user cp link at the top of the screen to view reputation comments other user have left for you.

9. The next thing up will be contact information outside of B-D. If chosen to be displayed, it will show how members may be contacted via Yahoo, AIM, MSN, ICQ or Skype.

10. The square box located at the left of the screen at the very bottom is your online status. Green, your online or another member is online. White means offline (White is not always indicative of whether a member is online or not since invisible mode can be chosen in the user cp.)

11. Lastly, is the "report post" icon. Click this if you need to report a bad post such as someone spamming the boards on a constant basis or anything else that may be considered bannable.\

* A quick note about reporting posts: Do not start an argument with another member and then run and report the post. We check the conversation leading up to the post as well as the reported post.

Last edited by Outpost #31; 09-29-2013 at 02:02 PM.
SkInWaLkEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:53 PM   #2
Rob_jerrylee
I Eat Brains!

Rob_jerrylee is I'm Back

Damn Skin , this , this is good stuff here .Wish i would have thought of this .Good Job my man
Old 01-05-2007, 07:58 AM   #3
Count Dragula
I Eat Brains!

Count Dragula has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Count Dragula Send a message via MSN to Count Dragula

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkInWaLkEr View Post
Count Dragula is the most prolific thread closer i've ever seen.
Haha, what the fuck?

Anyways, stickied this thread. Even though the word noob sickens me.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:44 PM   #4
SkInWaLkEr
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
Count Dragula is the most prolific thread closer I've ever seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Dragula View Post
Haha, what the fuck?

Anyways, stickied this thread. Even though the word noob sickens me.
hey....its not without good reason

Old 01-05-2007, 09:05 PM   #5
licata1708
It... Won't... Die...

licata1708 has no status.

Skinwalker, thanks for taking the time and effort to put this together.

licata1708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:21 PM   #6
SkInWaLkEr
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by licata1708 View Post
Skinwalker, thanks for taking the time and effort to put this together.
your very welcome licata. i'm hoping this will cut down somewhat on all of the useless posts and people will start putting them in the proper threads.

Old 01-06-2007, 01:50 PM   #7
Header
Rotting Corpse

Header has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Header

Fantastic idea.

You think when the guy came up with the idea to invent a bong, a blacklight popped up over his head?
-Mitch Hedburg
Header is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:14 PM   #8
SkInWaLkEr
I Eat Brains!

thanks Header. hopefully it'll be of some use.

Old 01-13-2007, 07:18 PM   #9
themyers
BANNED

themyers has no status.

I hope the noobs use it, I doubt they will because most of the new members don't even read the F.A.Q. or Rules. But good job, SkInWaLkEr.
themyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:56 AM   #10
ghostrider000
Fresh Kill

ghostrider000 has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to ghostrider000

at least now i know what to do and not what to do.
ghostrider000 is offline   Reply With Quote